War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Traveling again.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traveling again. (SS/SC vs '11 m3)

Had some troubles. My jumbo jet had to go down for maintenance and I haven't been able to fly around the world for the last few months. Needless to say, it has sucked sitting here in Utah all this time not being able to race.

But the jet is back up and running. rebuilt landing gear, 4 brand new jet engines, and a lush, ultra luxurious interior in black lined with 99.999%pure silver. Fully stocked bar, kitchen staff who will prepare anything you ask, and personal masseuses with oral pipe/button cleaning services as desired.

This is not imaginary.

Really.............You believe me?

(the balt was down for a while, now it's running again...faster than before)

Anyway.

This weekend in Bahrain, I ran across 2 old guys cruising a 2011 m3. looked/sounded stock.

Pulled up alongside them at a light and I could tell they wanted a go, even though I suspect they were thinking: "Here's another one of these damn kids....let's take him to school"

Well, I think they were mildly surprised. I, with no traction at all, was able to hang about 1 car back from them while spining through first and half of second. I started to reel them in toward the last bit of second gear and was terribly excited to hit third cuz I knew I'd catch traction and get 'em.....hit third for about a second, pulled to his back bumper, then saw brake lights illuminate....he shut down.......bastard!!!!! Oh well, I'll take the loss this time. I pulled up next to him. He leaned out the window and yelled "That thing's fast!" and drove away.

I'm not too proud to lose a race. Especially when the other driver is respectable.

Fun first race. I'll have to straighten out my tune a bit (only 17* timing advance on e-85) then I'll go out again.

Overall, I'm happy with the car so far.

Cliffs notes: old guys pull up, I get no traction, hang with him but lose race, he says my car is fast. Moral: I love my balt!

Last edited by kain35m; 10-24-2011 at 12:35 PM.