War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Weekend work

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekend work

I like to go racing on the weekends.

...at the track.
yeah..

So anyways. I lost to an srt4. It was a decent looking black one with some work done.

Race 1: 30 roll, second gear.....no. 30 is the worst speed for me.. he left.

Race 2/3: 45 roll..much better. I jumped on him pretty hard, then he caught up and passed.

final. : 15 roll. even launch, second gear he walked away. Gave me thumbs up.

Oh well. it was fun.

Now on to the really fun story.

Mua ha ha!!!!!!

Ok. There's this guy with an 82 Mercury Capri (crapi ) which is a four eyed fox body 5.0 car just like mine. basically a mercury mustang. get it? Moving on.

I like finding other four eyed fords, so the first time I met him I was super excited...until he opened his mouth. First, he sounds and looks like a dirtbag. Then he starts telling me about his car, saying that it's bored .050 over, and it's putting 500hp to the ground. Then he started the car. I'm used to my car. Fords rev fast. a decent 302 should be up to the rev limiter and back down to idle in under 1.5 sec. Mine is like that and I only have 240bhp. His sounded like it was choking on it's own intake air charge. it took 3-4 seconds just to rev to the limiter, another 2-3 seconds back to idle.......

I have no illusions. Most of you cobalt guys will probably beat my mustang as it sits. some of you will still beat it even after I finish the project (375whp NA)

But this guy was obviously a schidt talker. I asked him if he was willing to race my car. His answer was simply "I'll beat you"

Hmm...This guy's starting to **** me off. But I'm a calm guy. I waited..
He broke his ...Oh, yeah the damn thing is AUTOMATIC

The ford aod was worthless in the '80s.

Anyway, he broke his transmission..
He got his car impounded
Then he sold it. *anger

The car shows up again. It's one of his friends. He's just as big a **** talker, and he has fixed the transmission. We're back on!

I pull out my Mickey Thompsons, mix in a gallon of 100 octane, and get a nice oil change. My car is running like a scalded dog.

I bring out the car and find these guys, I ask if they'd like to line up and the **** talking begins: "your car won't survive." "Is there even anything done to this?" "My car has everythng done except a cam."

I asked him again what he had done. "racing oil pump, racing water pump, bigger dual oil pan, seven quarts, man!" ok none of this stuff makes a car any faster...I won't say anything

What heads do you have? "um..uh...well, um"

what cam? "stock cam"

what intake? "stock intake"

what cfm carb? "um, uh, it's a two barrel 500cfm"

...Man. That sounds fast.

So I finally persuade him to race. We got where we were going and lined up. I was nervous that he was hiding a giant nitrous shot so I went all out. With my drag radials I can launch super hard, so I put 2 cars on him from the start. Then I shot ahead even more through first gear, and maybe half of second. I shut down and let him catch up. He was complaining of a bad launch..ok. We'll go again.

Second line up. I give him the hit. I don't launch quite as hard. half throttle to save my DRs through first and punch it, fishtaliling, through second...3 cars, easy...

last line up. the original owner, the original **** talker took over and drove. We lined up, and he launched very well. I gave him the hit again. I feathered through the launch then mashed it. We launched fairly evenly. Halfway through first I started to walk away, I hit second and put a couple of busses on him.

I generally don't like to extend races out so long. once I pass a person, or a person passes me, and it's obvious that the losing party is not going to start gaining, I'll shut down. However, in the case of **** talkers, I'll run out miles in front so as to not allow for excuses.

After the race, he said "Dude, that car's not slow" to which I replied "it's ok" and drove away.

It felt so good to rip him apart. hahahaha

Then I ran fairly dead even with a stage 2 wrx with a tune. He was a nice respectful guy tho. he had a turbo mr2 with him who outran him and a stock very clean, very pretty 89 bmw who wanted to play around with me and I walked away from him after 3k rpm. that was just fun though because they were nice guys. I'll probably hang out with them more. I'll tell you guys if I get to run them in the cobalt They seem cool.

Anyway. Sorry about the long post, Hope you enjoyed the capri story. Have fun.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:48 PM

Oh. I forgot to say, I have a video of him talking ****.

..and of me destroying him. If anyone knows how to edit/splice videos, help me put them together and throw them up here.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Very nice kill. Always fun to beat up on people who talk their cars up but really know nothing.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 PM

u race with ur foxbody and not ur ss/sc?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:37 PM

I race them both, but I had to pull out the Mustang on this special night.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-...-kills-238420/

I just thought these aren't really "first" kills anymore. just my weekend's work

Thanks Shibito
Old 03-21-2011, 12:51 PM

I went out again this weekend. One guy with a WRX that I had already beat had some work done and came after me. He's a nice guy so I didn't mind racing him again. he got a bigger turbo, a tune, injectors, launch control....

He left me pretty hard from the launch. I did not catch up..... a-tall (I've been watching too much top gear lately)

However, we went from a 10 roll, I kept up through first, and most of second where he started to walk away, but it was already basically over. afterwards he said that he had more power than stage 2 STIs.

Everyone was impressed that I kept up. I was just glad we didn't keep going or I wouldn't have.

I met a guy who paid $12,000 for a Mazdaspeed Protege with an upgraded turbo, and some decent looking work done. He had just bought it a week ago. I think it looked ok. but not $12,000 ok. I actually passed on a $6,000 mazdaspeed protege the day I bought my cobalt.

He went around racing everybody. I never got a chance to race him.

...He blew up his turbo. Idiot.

I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy the Cobalt.

Final note: A lot of the kids out here are idiots. Fighting, drinking, cursing at cops...so stupid.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by kain35m
I asked him again what he had done. "racing oil pump, racing water pump, bigger dual oil pan, seven quarts, man!"
LOL is that guy a ricer? he thinks that the Ford Racing logo gives him like 50 hp per mod or something. LOL

Good kills, it always feels good to slay a guy talking smack.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 AM

I beat a Lotus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^(Need more exclamation points)^

A guy in a Lotus elise pulled up next to me (before the radiator incident) and I suspect he thought I was crap at first because he wouldn't even look. we met at a light and he left fast. I didn't take off. He looked over at the next light and I smiled and tipped my hat. Then he smiled.

Next light turned and we both took off. I immediately took the lead, and after a little in second he shut down. We got to the next light and he rolled his window down and asked "is that supercharged?" To which I answered a cheerful "yup" with a big ol' cheesy grin.

Nice guy, really. And I know they are 180hp. I know they are made for handling. I know on a turning track, he'd have my a$$ on a silver platter. But I also know it's a LOTUS!!! and I also know that it's a $40,000 car and I have an $8,000 car and I won! So fun!