War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Wooh! Tofu vs. Cummins vs. SS/SC <--girl!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wooh! Tofu vs. Cummins vs. SS/SC <--girl!

We just moved up to the Woodlands here in Houston a week ago, and on my way home from work this evening on Woodlands Parkway I was trailering a debagded, gauge equipped Cummins who was blowing smoke all over the place. I've never raced a diesel truck (although I'm well aware at what they are capable of) and having smoke blown all over my "face" I moved over to the next lane and was about to hammer it when I saw a Black SS/SC go flying past the Cummins! He didn't like that at all and I could hear his turbo spool as the SS/SC passed him up. This opportunity was golden and I could not resist joining in lol. So anyway we hit the light ahead, it's two lanes so I'm behind Cobalt when I notice it's a girl driving it! I started laughing because you could tell she was wanting to race someone-- I don't see that very often. SO, the light turns green and the Cummins takes off blowing smoke all over the place, getting a nice lead- but the girl started reeling him in! We another stop light down aways and the road branches off into three lanes, traffic is way behind us stuck at the light further back so things are looking pretty decent. I moved over to the right lane and stalled up to about 1,200 rpms. The girl was looking straight ahead and inching up ever so slightly and the diesel's turbo started spooling. The light turned green, and we all took off. The girl lagged behind, diesel about half a truck in front of me and I'm almost to the top of 1st. I manually shift into 2nd gear and catch the Cummins pulling him decently....but the SS/SC is coming up pretty quick! Just as she starts to get to about my door she hit the brakes and I did as well due to a light turning yellow about 1/8th mile down. She would have passed me up, but I was so happy I had hung that well...I'm sure she was stock though, you could barely hear the blower. The guy in the Cummins rolled his window down and said he "didn't have the boost turned up" lol it was pretty funny. The girl said something back to him, but I didn't hear...he didn't look happy though!

One of the funnest races ever. I wish someone would have camera'd it! Also amusing because the only other time I've raced an SS/SC besides my buddy Wes was also another girl driving it.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
We just moved up to the Woodlands here in Houston a week ago, and on my way home from work this evening on Woodlands Parkway I was trailering a debagded, gauge equipped Cummins who was blowing smoke all over the place. I've never raced a diesel truck (although I'm well aware at what they are capable of) and having smoke blown all over my "face" I moved over to the next lane and was about to hammer it when I saw a Black SS/SC go flying past the Cummins! He didn't like that at all and I could hear his turbo spool as the SS/SC passed him up. This opportunity was golden and I could not resist joining in lol. So anyway we hit the light ahead, it's two lanes so I'm behind Cobalt when I notice it's a girl driving it! I started laughing because you could tell she was wanting to race someone-- I don't see that very often. SO, the light turns green and the Cummins takes off blowing smoke all over the place, getting a nice lead- but the girl started reeling him in! We another stop light down aways and the road branches off into three lanes, traffic is way behind us stuck at the light further back so things are looking pretty decent. I moved over to the right lane and stalled up to about 1,200 rpms. The girl was looking straight ahead and inching up ever so slightly and the diesel's turbo started spooling. The light turned green, and we all took off. The girl lagged behind, diesel about half a truck in front of me and I'm almost to the top of 1st. I manually shift into 2nd gear and catch the Cummins pulling him decently....but the SS/SC is coming up pretty quick! Just as she starts to get to about my door she hit the brakes and I did as well due to a light turning yellow about 1/8th mile down. She would have passed me up, but I was so happy I had hung that well...I'm sure she was stock though, you could barely hear the blower. The guy in the Cummins rolled his window down and said he "didn't have the boost turned up" lol it was pretty funny. The girl said something back to him, but I didn't hear...he didn't look happy though!

One of the funnest races ever. I wish someone would have camera'd it! Also amusing because the only other time I've raced an SS/SC besides my buddy Wes was also another girl driving it.

You know I always liked you Tufo but I must say, USELESS WITHOUT VID! ROFL, sounds like a fun time man....
Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM

Great race man! And yea, those diesels can be pretty dam fast, its actually scary to think about, haha.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
You know I always liked you Tufo but I must say, USELESS WITHOUT VID! ROFL, sounds like a fun time man....

lol seriously man I'm with you on that! They need to make vid cams mounted on sun-shades...er I guess you'd have to swivel it towards the other lanes but you get the idea .