Wheels and Tires All about wheels and tires. What fits, show tires, and so on

want comparison of Goodyear F1's & KDW2??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation want comparison of Goodyear F1's & KDW2??

im buying tires within 2-3 weeks and have narrowed it down to these two tires (235/40-18)

i kno the KDW2s are great tires, but every review ive herd of the F1s has been spectacular

price is an issue, so i was curious as what you guys thought about each, and if someone has had both and can compare the two.. thanks!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:59 AM

Well I am supposed to be getting the BF Goodrich KDW2s on my car today. 225/45 17. I will hopefully be able to give a review of them in the next few days. I've searched and searched for tires and as far as price they seemed right in the range I want. I do not have any experience with the Eagle F1's but I have run other tires on my galant when i had it. The list includes, the Pirelli P6 four seasons ( stock on the ss/na), kuhmo ecsta mx's, and bridgestone potenza RE950.(not sure they make them anymore) Of those 3 tires I think the Bridgestone was the best for traction wet and dry, and longevity. They went through about 5 autox as well as some hammering around otherwise.

I think that the eagle F1's are what come on the Corvettes. On that regard my roommate from college has a c5 and had the f1's on it. He switched to the BF Goodrich KD's not the W's and put 30,000 miles on them with about 6 or 7 autox's plus highway and random spirited driving. He was much more impressed with the KD's than the F1's. Also his car has sat throughout the Michigan winter and the tires have not flat spotted due to no movement.

Hope this helps and I'll be able to get you another review.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by synapse82
Well I am supposed to be getting the BF Goodrich KDW2s on my car today. 225/45 17. I will hopefully be able to give a review of them in the next few days. I've searched and searched for tires and as far as price they seemed right in the range I want. I do not have any experience with the Eagle F1's but I have run other tires on my galant when i had it. The list includes, the Pirelli P6 four seasons ( stock on the ss/na), kuhmo ecsta mx's, and bridgestone potenza RE950.(not sure they make them anymore) Of those 3 tires I think the Bridgestone was the best for traction wet and dry, and longevity. They went through about 5 autox as well as some hammering around otherwise.

I think that the eagle F1's are what come on the Corvettes. On that regard my roommate from college has a c5 and had the f1's on it. He switched to the BF Goodrich KD's not the W's and put 30,000 miles on them with about 6 or 7 autox's plus highway and random spirited driving. He was much more impressed with the KD's than the F1's. Also his car has sat throughout the Michigan winter and the tires have not flat spotted due to no movement.

Hope this helps and I'll be able to get you another review.
thanks for the help.. any more opinions are more than welcome
Old 03-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Eagle F1 GS D3s Have the number one rating for a max performance tire in the world. It was tested with the top 20 brands or so. If I find the article I'll let you know. The tires your trying to compare are differant. KDWs are for all round performance and will do good in wet weather. The BFG KDs are best for a summer tire only and have the highest dry traction of its class. The reason why it did not get #1 is because its only best in dry. The F1 was rated second in almost every catagroy giving it the #1 spot for overall best tire.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Eagle F1 GS D3s Have the number one rating for a max performance tire in the world. It was tested with the top 20 brands or so. If I find the article I'll let you know. The tires your trying to compare are differant. KDWs are for all round performance and will do good in wet weather. The BFG KDs are best for a summer tire only and have the highest dry traction of its class. The reason why it did not get #1 is because its only best in dry. The F1 was rated second in almost every catagroy giving it the #1 spot for overall best tire.
i think i have read that article but i cant find it--been lookin for the past 15 min...

i kno they are different.. the problem is the price difference and if the KDW2s offered similar performance... see if u can find that article ima keep lookin-thanks
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by PuSha050
i think i have read that article but i cant find it--been lookin for the past 15 min...

i kno they are different.. the problem is the price difference and if the KDW2s offered similar performance... see if u can find that article ima keep lookin-thanks
np, still looking...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 PM

BF Goodrich KDW's installed

You bring up a good point. The BFG KDW2's are in a slightly lower category of tire as far as performance. More of an Ultra High Performance tire as opposed to the Max Performance category for the Eagle F1's.

As far as my day went I got the BFG's installed today and haven't had much of a chance to try them out. I will say they look good and in my town there aren't too many cars running them. For me that's kinda nice to know. The responsiveness is quite a bit better than the Pirelli's that were on it and i feel like they will definitely hold up to lateral deflection better.

Hopefully in the coming days I can get a better feeling for the tires and give more input.

Tomorrow I'm washing the Cobiz and will take some pictures. That's all I have for you right now.

I hope that it is some kind of help or insight none the less.