08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Cobalt going into the dealer for the 1st time...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt going into the dealer for the 1st time...

Nothing too major(no broken shift linkage, etc.) but the front end is terribly out of line and is pulling to the left horribly, i've "thought" it has been doing it a little since I first got it, in the past week it seems to have gotten worse... changed the oil today and with the car in the air noticed its eating away at the passenger front tire pretty good on the inside... only 5,000 on the car and that tire will be lucky to make it through the summer(rest are fine)...

Service Dept. is pretty cool about it, and say that from the sounds of it, will replace both front tires... the driver one appears fine(and is obvious spinning them off isn't the problem, 3 out of 4 tires are fine)
Old 12-30-2008, 11:31 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad alignment problem is one side is getting eaten up. Ball joint or something like that
Old 12-30-2008, 05:23 PM

You havent hit anything, like a curb, right? I wonder if the sales person that got your car took it for a joy ride and did...
Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IsItFast?
You havent hit anything, like a curb, right? I wonder if the sales person that got your car took it for a joy ride and did...
I always wonder about salespeople; I tend to insist that the vehicle have literally not one mile more than it takes to PDI it + whatever it had from the factory.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Force
I always wonder about salespeople; I tend to insist that the vehicle have literally not one mile more than it takes to PDI it + whatever it had from the factory.
Same here...i picked up my Thunderbird Supercoupe from the dealer and outside the bay door was 2 long black burnout marks.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:33 PM

lol my dealership is pretty strict even when driving them on PDIs i do about 4 miles and corvettes are a deffinate no no some dealers just dont care and those are the ones you stay away from. but accidents happen while there sitting in the lot for a long time and when the vehicle was shiped may have tied it down in the wrong place. and if the car was pulling then its a caster or camber sounds like too much negative on the pass side something could be bent. i wonder if theyll replace components or dill holes.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my car in for mounting and balancing of tires. I got it back with an additional 20 miles on it, the radio was turned up, the boost gauge had been turned on from the AFR, and the coolant temp was at 190 degrees (mind you, it's 30 degrees out)...

And no it was NOT a mistake on my part...trust me

I have contacted GM, but that seems to be going no where...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:15 PM

no I haven't hit anything... kept the car overnight supposed to call me "1st thing in the morning".... Didn't even get it on a lift today and I got it to them around 11:00a.m.(they told me they had room for it)...

when I bought my 2004 gtp grand prix, I had the power steering pump acting up on it making a terrible whining noise(the '04s had a problem of them not being filled with the proper amount of power steering fluid which was causing the pump to fail, very common problem)... my brother and I dropped the car off and a couple of hours later were still in town in his car and decided to "drop by" to see how far along they were... About a mile and a half from the dealership my brother says "that looks like your car over there"... And sure enough a white GTP is on the access road next to the highway and two idiots are in there giving it hell... We fell in line behind them, I think they knew the game was up, as they proceeded to drive back to the service dept with us right on them following them... I came unglued... they didn't even offer me the spill on sending in the sheet saying I was satisfied with their work, they knew the answer to that... and knew I was calling Corporate, which I did, and got like 3 vouchers for full services...

And I did a great job of repaying them, when it came time to buy my next GM vehicle, I proceeded to go across the River to the competition and bought my Cobalt
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08inBama
no I haven't hit anything... kept the car overnight supposed to call me "1st thing in the morning".... Didn't even get it on a lift today and I got it to them around 11:00a.m.(they told me they had room for it)...

when I bought my 2004 gtp grand prix, I had the power steering pump acting up on it making a terrible whining noise(the '04s had a problem of them not being filled with the proper amount of power steering fluid which was causing the pump to fail, very common problem)... my brother and I dropped the car off and a couple of hours later were still in town in his car and decided to "drop by" to see how far along they were... About a mile and a half from the dealership my brother says "that looks like your car over there"... And sure enough a white GTP is on the access road next to the highway and two idiots are in there giving it hell... We fell in line behind them, I think they knew the game was up, as they proceeded to drive back to the service dept with us right on them following them... I came unglued... they didn't even offer me the spill on sending in the sheet saying I was satisfied with their work, they knew the answer to that... and knew I was calling Corporate, which I did, and got like 3 vouchers for full services...

And I did a great job of repaying them, when it came time to buy my next GM vehicle, I proceeded to go across the River to the competition and bought my Cobalt
Good on you for hitting them where it hurts; their wallet.

At the very least I make a mental note of my mileage when I go in for service (and sometimes snap a cell phone pic) to have a defense against that type of bullshit. I trust my sales guy, but I don't know all the guys in service.

It also helps that I don't often leave... If I saw my car driving away with no valid reason, you could be damn sure I'd have the dealership's owner standing with me at the front door for when the retards got back.