08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Deal Sealed and he has a few left!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deal Sealed and he has a few left!

Just got home with the "New" 08 balt ss from Pat O'Brien and he still has a few left! I ended up not being able to budge them on the 16,500 sale price but I got them to give me a few hundred more dollars for my trade-in! So happy!!! I'll have to post pics up soon. For anyone wanting in on that deal...he told me that it ends after this weekend then the remaining ones will jump back up to 18,500 So get one ASAP!!! How long should I give the clutch before taking it to the track?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice deal. I found out more about these hail damaged cars at:

http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothre...int&id=4271204
Old 03-29-2009, 12:28 PM

they werent hail damaged it was wind damage. The car has zero scratches or dings or anything!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:32 PM

thats were i mgot my car for 18,500 in westlake right? it was wind damaged i have 1 dent in the top of the car above the passenger door but no big deal and yea they dont budge on there prices
Old 03-29-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
they werent hail damaged it was wind damage. The car has zero scratches or dings or anything!
It's hail damaged according to GM (read the original thread). You can fix hail damage and repaint the cars so it looks almost new. However they can cheap out on the paint - it may delaminate shortly or develop cracks. From what I recall these are all used cars (based on titling), hence the lower prices.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by metroplex
It's hail damaged according to GM (read the original thread). You can fix hail damage and repaint the cars so it looks almost new. However they can cheap out on the paint - it may delaminate shortly or develop cracks. From what I recall these are all used cars (based on titling), hence the lower prices.
No, it's wind damage, there's been 10000000 threads about this already
Old 03-29-2009, 01:44 PM

It's hail damage:

Post Title: Re: wind-damaged Cobalts, great deal or not?
Posted by: Zzzzz at 11:04 AM 2-28-2009
The dealers that picked these up are calling it wind damage. In GM's system, the vehicle has a warranty block for HAIL damage.

In addition to being ineligible for the above claims, they cannot be sold as CPO.

I'd either go with a 'normal' used one or a new one.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM

They sure aren't mentioning these warranty blocks on eBay, and are saying they come with "existing warranty."

Wouldn't that be pretty dang fraudulent?

I'd like to see what happens when some poor sucker on fleaBay wins the car, buys it, and then finds out it has a ton of warranty exclusions.

They mention nothing of damage, or the exclusions.

fleaBay Linkage

T
Old 03-29-2009, 03:08 PM

Why don't you inquire about the warranty blocks for paint/exterior or the hail damage? Carfax shows 5 records for the VIN in the eBay link.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Here's what *I* sent via "ask a question":

"Make sure you tell the bidders there's like 30 warranty exclusions on those Lordstown windstorm-damaged Cobalts."

T
Old 03-29-2009, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels
They sure aren't mentioning these warranty blocks on eBay, and are saying they come with "existing warranty."

I'd like to see what happens when some poor sucker on fleaBay wins the car, buys it, and then finds out it has a ton of warranty exclusions.

fleaBay Linkage

T
they still have warranty except for paint and rust.. i can gaurantee theres nothing wrong with them and u guys are pissed off because u spent $10k more for the same exact car
Old 03-29-2009, 03:29 PM

Not at all - I *KNEW* those were available BEFORE I bought my '09 Friday night.

I think it's a GREAT deal, as long as YOU KNOW what you're getting into UP FRONT.

This is NOT the case on the eBay listing. That's all *I'm* saying.

I wanted black/black-n-red, sunroof, rpd,lsd,usb radio, and '08's didn't have the RPD option, so a new '09 was my only choice, and i don't regret it one bit.

Now, if there were no such thing as the RPD, and I wasn't like a little child wanting it
I might've jumped on that deal. Got an '05 Tundra 4x4 V8 with factory HD towing kit that wouldn't mind towing an SS from OH to FL.

T
Old 03-29-2009, 04:04 PM

fleaBay Linkage

T
In big words under the description it says LIMITED WARRANTY in red letters and to call for info.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:14 PM

FWIW I was kind of ecstatic when I first heard about these deals, but it is too good to be true. It explains why I saw a few other SS/TC's in the area that were well below GMS/employee pricing and had more than 1 Carfax record associated with the VIN. This particular VIN at Pat O Brien has 5 records. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

As for $10k, you have to be kidding me. The actual price delta between these hail damaged SS/TC's and a new factory ordered fully loaded 09 SS/TC is $4300 or less assuming the current $2500 rebate. If you're not buying a new Cobalt SS/TC at GMS Employee Pricing, then you're seriously losing out. If the rebate somehow gets larger, then your price savings from the hail damaged car becomes even less.

Originally Posted by mr84monte
In big words under the description it says LIMITED WARRANTY in red letters and to call for info.
Why hasn't your order been assigned a scheduled build week?

Last edited by metroplex; 03-29-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM

Trust me I was worried before I got mine. I had them show me that Carfax and everything. I looked over every squared inch of the vehicle and found no flaws at all...no blemishes, no scratches, no dings no nothing what so ever (However there was a Sport-Red one that had a few noticeable blemishes). Between the 16,500 sticker, my trade, cash down, and perfect credit yielded a low interest rate and a monthly payment that no 09 could touch with the same trade + cash. Sure a year newer would have been nice but hey this car is just as nice and performs the exact same so I can't complain one bit. Lovin the Power!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by mr84monte
ALL warranteed vehicles have a limited warranty, new, used (with warranty remaining), or CPO.
On my brand-new 2009 SS/TC, the booklet is titled "Chevrolet Limited Warranty and Owner Assistance Information"

They all have the typical exclusions, ie, abuse. misuse, incorrect maintenance, etc...
That makes them limited warranties. I dunno anyone with an unlimited bumper-to-bumper, and I don't mean unlimited time or miles.

T
Old 03-29-2009, 06:29 PM

fleaBay Linkage

T
hahahah that ebay seller fails... check it...

***************CALL ADAM @ 440-320-7697**************

2008 COBALT SS TURBO COUPE'S FOR ONLY $16,500!! THIS WEEKEND ONLY! WE HAVE OVER 30 IN STOCK, ALL DIFFERENT COLORS AND INTERIORS! ALL HAVE UNDER 200 MILES ON THEM!! THIS IS THE ULTIMATE BUY! 260 HORSE POWER, LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, BOOST GAGE, 2.2 DOHC 4CYL ENGINE, 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANS, A/C, ALUMINIUM WHEELS, ABS, BUCKET SEATS, POWER WINDOWS & LOCKS, CRUISE, FOG LAMPS, MOONROOF, SIDE AIR BAGS, ONSTAR, RADIO CONTROLS ON STEERING WHEEL, REAR SPOILER, STABILITRAK, XM CAPABLE, THIS IS THE BEST BUY OF 2009!

***************CALL ADAM @ 440-320-7697**************
Old 03-29-2009, 08:04 PM

ALL warranteed vehicles have a limited warranty, new, used (with warranty remaining), or CPO.
On my brand-new 2009 SS/TC, the booklet is titled "Chevrolet Limited Warranty and Owner Assistance Information"

They all have the typical exclusions, ie, abuse. misuse, incorrect maintenance, etc...
That makes them limited warranties. I dunno anyone with an unlimited bumper-to-bumper, and I don't mean unlimited time or miles.

T
But for these exclusions it says to call the dealer for more info to find out what they are, so if you don't call or email it's your own fault. To me the way it's spelled out and knowing what I know about these cars, they will tell you about the paint when you contact them. Now for the unknowing bidder I could see how this could be misinterpreted, but as a unknowing bidder I'd question why a 08 car with 126 miles is being sold as used.

Why hasn't your order been assigned a scheduled build week?
Because my dealer sucks basically. They did tell me it looks like the week of the 13th but I'm not buying it just yet with the lies I've caught them in so far, problem is I don't want to be taken out of line to go through a different dealer. I think it was last week when I called them that I was told "for some reason the car plant didn't put my order in but it's in now." I'm getting real sick of their favorite line "I don't know who you heard that from"
Old 03-29-2009, 08:31 PM

I placed my order just 2 weeks ago and was assigned a build week of April 20. I read about some people whom placed orders last December and were assigned a build week of April 6. I recommend you just go to another dealer if you didn't make a deposit or are able to get it refunded.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM

OK - response I got back was:

"please list the 30 exclusions, I would appreciate it! General Motors only gave us the details on the Rust and Corrosion warranty being voided! Help me out so I can better inform my customers on this great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Name + phone number removed.
I replied with:

Dude online a forum ran a warranty check on a few VIN's associated with
that GM auction, and the following components had warranty blocks in the GM warranty system. Note
that some were even cars that had been repaired and repainted by GM!!!

The below items are warranty blocked, and cannot be replaced or repaired under GM warranty:

exterior paint and clear coat
body panels (corrosion)
windshield replacement
all door glass replacement
rear window (backlight) replacement
headlight/foglight aim
headlight capsule/foglight replacement
side markers lights replacement
tailight/backup replacement
CHMSL replacement
license plate light replacement
upper/lower grille replacement
spoiler replacement
all emblems replacement
air inlet grille panel replacement
molding, roof to quarter at weld joint replacement
body side molding replacement
fuel filler door replacement
fascia, upper/lower front/rear replacement

and got THIS little morsel of educated, grammatically perfect text:

"THANKS FOR LISTING ALL THOSE ITEMS, DID YOU REALLYTHINK WE DIDNT KNOW THAT ABOUT THEM? WE DID. ALSO DO YOU REALIZE HOWMUCH WERE SELLING THEM FOR? YA. BY A WARRANTY FOR ALL THAT STUFF ANDSTILL BE AHEAD A COUPLE THOUSAND BUCKS. SO WHICH COLOR WOULD YOU LIKE TOBUY?"

Yep.

I wouldn't hesitate a moment forking over $17K to these folks...

Apparently the Caps Lock is stuck, the space bar works sporadically, and the apostrophe MUST also not be working!
A forum post, fine, but on eBay, a Chevrolet dealership trying to sell a car for $17K, is it not, um, a good idea to at least use a freaking spell checker and not look like a 7th grader responded?

Maybe I'm splitting hairs, here, but geez! Look at least semi-professional!
Then maybe I'll "BY A WARRANTY FOR ALL THAT STUFF"

My final response, because, it's a non-productive waste of my time, plus I'm not BUYING one of these "limited-existing-warranty-email-for-info-because-we-don't-want-the-world-to-know SS's:
"Well, apparently, your other cohort didn't know:

"please list the 30 exclusions, I would appreciate it! General Motors only gave us the details on the Rust and Corrosion warranty being voided! Help me out so I can better inform my customers on this great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kurt Wilhelm 440.554.9127"

I think you all need to get on the same page.

Oh, and by the way, these are *NOT* 2.2L DOHC engines, they are 2.0L LNF engines.

And no thanks, I already bought a NEW new 2009 SS/TC, WITH full warranty, with RPD/Wing/Sunrood/LSD/Spare/USB Radio, and it
was $19K and change, thanks! And IT has FULL factory warranty, besides being a 2009.

Although, for someone who doesn't mind the missing warranty, $16.5K is a heckuva deal on the car!
"

I guess the question is.....

If they KNEW about the items, and aren't disclosing it, that's a bit underhanded.

I think someone on an older thread mentioned they sold him into it, he drove 600 miles, and THEN when he went to sign the paperwork, there was a disclaimer to sign about the waived warranty.

I'm all FOR good deals and such, but you need to tell folks up-front.
This is a MAJOR "oops" to not mention to someone. "Contact via email for specific warranty information"

Hmmm - on fleaBay, anything asking you to EMAIL is usually followed by an "Uh-Oh."
Standard procedure for eBay sales, is to hit the "Ask Seller a Question" link, not direct email contact.
This way, if there's any issues, it's in your eBay messages. Even eBay tells you this.

I still think it's a decent deal, as long as you KNOW what you're getting into, although i don't know how much trust and faith I'd put into THAT dealership, or at minimum, the individuals I communicated with...

Just my $.02 - feel free to make change....

T
Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 PM

Did anybody here buy one of these cars with voided paint warranty? I bought a brand new car recently ( not a cobalt and not in Ohio) and the car had scratches on it. The dealer put in writing to buff out the scratches all over my car and In doing so voided my paint and corrosion warranty. I am looking for someone who would be willing to share a copy of the original sales contract so I could prove how much my brand new car has been depreciated by the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!