08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

had any problems on your 2010 SS?? (2010's only)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had a busted axel boot and dealer broke the horn when they fixed it somehow lmao... it was at like 7k but other than that nuthin so far
Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Bought June 17th, 2010. Only had one mechanical problem which was self inflicted...........did a No Lift Shift and did not let Engine coolant reach normal temp which resulted in a misfire in Cylinder 3 and had to get the coil and plug replaced. Appearance wise though, there was a tiny bit of damage upon delivery but the dealership fixed no problem. Then my passenger headlight was leaking moisture into the lens which I had replaced Friday and they scuffed/scratched my bumper on installation so they are going to fix that up for me no problem.
I just rolled over 12,000Kms today and have been running GMS1 for approx. 9000Kms and the K&N SRI for approx. 8000Kms, haven't had a problem with either (Knock on wood). Fuel mileage has improved along with response, not to mention the sound is amazing. My only complaint with the intake is that on a cold start, it's pretty loud which is a downer because I live in an Apartment building with seniors and I have to get up pretty early in the morning so I'm hoping it doesn't wake them in the winter when I have to leave it running. Just to note though, those sounds WERE there with the stock airbox, the only difference is, the plastic and the box baffled the sound whereas the aluminum and no airbox carries the sound more clearly.
The only problem I have with the car itself is the noise coming from under the cupholders, it sounds like rice krispies when you first pour the milk in. I have no idea what is making that sound so I just crank up the tunes and give er. And another thing, the rearview mirrors really should've came with magnifying glasses............cause I can't see the competition that far back
Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 PM

5000 Miles and my sunroof button frame fell off while driving. minimal brake squeaking thats it. oh and some 16 year old bitch backed into my car w no insurance ftw
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by br4nd0n187
5000 Miles and my sunroof button frame fell off while driving. minimal brake squeaking thats it. oh and some 16 year old bitch backed into my car w no insurance ftw
That frame fell off my SS SC as well, it's a pretty cheap plastic clip, the dealer will probly replace that for you. I forgot to mention as well that my brakes are squealing pretty loud coming to complete stop while I'm driving around town.
Hopefully that bitch is paying for what she did, I would absolutely lose it if that happened to me.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by br4nd0n187
5000 Miles and my sunroof button frame fell off while driving. minimal brake squeaking thats it.

Originally Posted by Jordster
That frame fell off my SS SC as well, it's a pretty cheap plastic clip, the dealer will probly replace that for you. I forgot to mention as well that my brakes are squealing pretty loud coming to complete stop while I'm driving around town.
Hopefully that bitch is paying for what she did, I would absolutely lose it if that happened to me.
That happened to me one day when I got out of the car. Closed the driver door and saw something fall off the roof of the car. Opened the door and found the sunroof bezel in the cup holder I was expecting it to eventually happen, therefore, I just laughed at it rather than getting pissed off. However, I was pissed when I took it to the dealer to get it fixed and all they did was push it back in, knowingly, that it would fall out easily again Took it in the second time and spoke with the service department manager and he admitted that it was a crappy design to begin with He took the roof upholstery down and redid the whole thing and now it's solid And my front right brake squeals like a excited little girl
Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 AM

Was trying to clean out my car the other day. I needed to move my car further up the driveway so my vacuum could reach. And guess what happened? My key gets stuck in the ignition in the ON position and I have to stall the car and disconnect the battery so my interior lights wouldn't drain it. Took it to the dealership yesterday morning and they had to keep the car overnight because they had to order the part. Hopefully I get my car back today.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the break squeal kills me sometimes. lol. u cant look cool slowing down to a stoplight or a store whith your breaks sounding like a semi truck gotta get some new pads.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Banned

My 2007 SS/SC has the door rubing at the top of the car problem to, showing metal on both passenger and driver sides
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 AM

I've had my '10 SS/TC for exactly 6 months and 4 days (bought brand new). It has 20,5xx miles... yes, I drive A LOT.

Problems/Dealer visits:

-tube that goes from the engine to the air intake tube (looks like a big steel braided line) broke off of the tube. Don't know how... fixed under warranty... dealer called it a "good will gesture" because the service manager felt that this "isn't something that usually breaks". Technician who replaced with the new part commented on GM's "poor design" of said part, and stated that a little bit more flexibility in the factory intake tube would help avoid the problem in the future. Technician further stated that he could see this damage being caused, simply, by opening the air box to check/change the air filter.

-TMPS sensors show incorrect PSI and/or cause a malfunction message to appear from time to time, although all air pressure is to spec.

-squeaky rear brakes... no action taken as of yet... sounds like a common issue with this car

-misfire condition and CEL... cleared by battery disconnect, no dealer visit

That's about all. The car is has a K&N replacement filter and Trifecta tune.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 AM

The brake squeak lol, if you guys have ever run track pads, theres no such thing as quiet brakes. Performance breaks will squeak.. track brakes squeal, and top of the line track pads sound like an army of harpies ripping out your ear drums.

I think for our rinky dink pads, theres a spray you can get that helps stop brake squeal or at least minimize it, personally, i just consider it part of the 4pots. The rear brakes are probably just the stock pads, changing those out should eliminate it.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:30 PM

At the auto parts store there is an aerosol spray called disc brake quiet that you can put on the back of the pads to stop squeaking. I use it on all of my brakes and it works well. It stops the direct metal to metal rubbing of the clips on the back of the pad and the caliper pistons, the vibration causes the squeaking kind of like a violin. You just spray it on the back, fairly liberally, don't get it on the face of the pad.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 AM

My break squeak like crazy from 50km to 0...5th gear doesnt go in all the time.... that's it so far 8300km
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 AM

Anybody have the issue where when you're slowing down while making a turn and going through a dip, the brake pedal gets a slight vibration and wear rubbing noise? It's only when the front right wheel goes through the dip. The front left wheel doesn't cause any odd vibrations or noises when going through the dip. And it only happens when the wheels are slightly turned. If I go straight through the dip, there's no noise or vibrations.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:56 PM

brakes squeak badly
Old 10-16-2010, 01:17 AM

Bought my Crystal Red Tintcoat SS on May 20. I have 10,147 km's on it. Besides rattles, (if you saw the gravel road I drove on when I first bought the car you would understand why), I know where most of them are coming from. And my cruise control doesn't always engage. When it doesn't it's usually when I go to work and than after work it does. Dealer thinks it's the brake switch. Getting that fixed Monday, than I'll find out if that was the problem. Than there is a dealer induced problem, went for 10,000 km check up, they rotated the tires and reset the tire pressure monitering system, and now my right front tpm isn't working.

Than the main problem with the car is that there is no highrise spoiler on it . (No fuss about it please I happen to like it). I am PATIENTLY waiting to get that fixed. I ordered an aftermarket one, (ordered it on Aug 9). Been on back order.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by ColeMart
Bought my Crystal Red Tintcoat SS on May 20. I have 10,147 km's on it. Besides rattles, (if you saw the gravel road I drove on when I first bought the car you would understand why), I know where most of them are coming from. And my cruise control doesn't always engage. When it doesn't it's usually when I go to work and than after work it does. Dealer thinks it's the brake switch. Getting that fixed Monday, than I'll find out if that was the problem. Than there is a dealer induced problem, went for 10,000 km check up, they rotated the tires and reset the tire pressure monitering system, and now my right front tpm isn't working.

Than the main problem with the car is that there is no highrise spoiler on it . (No fuss about it please I happen to like it). I am PATIENTLY waiting to get that fixed. I ordered an aftermarket one, (ordered it on Aug 9). Been on back order.
You could've just did what I did and bought one off of a member on here. I bought an orange one for my SS/SC then when I bought the turbalt I had it painted Crystal Red.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by OrangeCobaltSS/SC
You could've just did what I did and bought one off of a member on here. I bought an orange one for my SS/SC then when I bought the turbalt I had it painted Crystal Red.
Tried that. Not really anyone selling. I also can't get anything shipped to my house as I live on a farm. I also thought that $380 with shipping and taxes wasn't a bad price for a fiberglass one. That way I also don't have to **** around with getting shipped.