08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

hahn parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahn parts

think about gettin the hahn turbo tubing and intake with hks bov then later the hahn intercooler. just asking, is hahn a good brand?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:29 AM

yes. hahn is awesome
Old 06-09-2009, 03:31 AM

thank you much
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea hahn is good....

if you have the money for it

there are other routes that are just as good if not better

Synapse Intercooler over theirs
CIA Intake And Chage Piping
Old 06-09-2009, 04:27 PM

hey i have Hahn evrything,
cai, chrge piping, intercooler cat back exhaust, shyts amazing bro! def get the tbolt clamps i had major issure blowing stock ones. so be SURE u check that box, well worth it!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM

I have all hahn bolt ons and have had no issues so far excellent parts.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:32 AM

Went to mechanic shop today who is pretty good. he did all the after market labor on my buddies 350z. i went and asked him to give me a quote on the hahn turbo tubing,intercooler, and hahn intake and hks bov. he was telling that hahn was crap and that the hks bov sounds like a dove. hes an idiot ive heard the hks bov with hahn tubing and intercooler and it sounds amazing. the ******* wanted me to let him custom make my turbo tubing and intake and sale me a bov he has there. then when he was done he said he wanted to put his company sticker on my parts. i seriously dont want custom parts made. im stuck on the idea of going hahn with everything besides the bov(hks). so i ended up telling him i dont like his idea and told hime im ordering hahn parts and he was like cool and hooking me with with prices on labor.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 09-SS-T/C
Went to mechanic shop today who is pretty good. he did all the after market labor on my buddies 350z. i went and asked him to give me a quote on the hahn turbo tubing,intercooler, and hahn intake and hks bov. he was telling that hahn was crap and that the hks bov sounds like a dove. hes an idiot ive heard the hks bov with hahn tubing and intercooler and it sounds amazing. the ******* wanted me to let him custom make my turbo tubing and intake and sale me a bov he has there. then when he was done he said he wanted to put his company sticker on my parts. i seriously dont want custom parts made. im stuck on the idea of going hahn with everything besides the bov(hks). so i ended up telling him i dont like his idea and told hime im ordering hahn parts and he was like cool and hooking me with with prices on labor.
That guy sounds like a *******
Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 09-SS-T/C
The install on those parts are pretty straight forward. And I think there's even how-to's done up on most if not all of them. You should attempt the installs yourself and save yourself some money. Just my .02
Old 06-10-2009, 10:36 PM

Hahn parts are top quality for the most part. JUST GET THE TBOLT CLAMPS. I cant say that enough, unless you want to end up like me with a reverse dent in the hood from when it blew the stock clamps, and the finish on the piping rubbed off along with a quarter sized area of paint gone on the hood, and stopping every 100 miles or less to re-tighten a popped clamp..

GET THE TBOLT OPTION. There should be no other option. The cheap worm clamps that come with that kit are crap.

Oh and the install on all of it is easy. If you can turn a wrench and change your own oil you can do it yourself - but to install all of that will be the better part of a day if you do it yourself.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:48 AM

thanks for the advice. so the little box option of the clamps that is on the screen when i order the parts i should check?are those the clamps you are talking about?

what the bov installtion? is that as easy as everything else? ive done many intakes myself so i shouldnt have a problem with that and the charge piping sounds like a breeze

Last edited by 09-SS-T/C; 06-11-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-11-2009, 10:12 AM

hahn is the ****
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM

i have all HAHN parts as well, Still waiting on his BOV. but every thing else fits extremely well, and yes, GO with TBOLTS on the charge piping as everyone else is saying. I even put tbolts on the intake, cuz i wasnt thrilled with the worm clamps, but thats more personal choice than necessity
Old 06-14-2009, 03:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought hahn was good before the last CED meet. After talking to some people...I have different ideas about them now. Do your own research about the parts before you buy them, not like you have to get only 1 companies parts.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by northvibe
I thought hahn was good before the last CED meet. After talking to some people...I have different ideas about them now. Do your own research about the parts before you buy them, not like you have to get only 1 companies parts.
I have every hahn bolt on and my car runs perfect with no cels.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hahn makes ok stuff.

Their charge piping doesn't fit without modification, the hot side outlet was WAY too ******* big for the turbo outlet.

Their parts are way overpriced, and their CAI is about as fail sos as it gets.

Their downpipe/catback/intercooler are all top notch...but at ridiculous prices.

You can get a ZZP or Dejon catless stainless steel DP for like 200 bucks

Manderexhaust systems could hook you up with the equivalent of the hahn three inch for 505 shipped...only difference is the exhaust isn't shiny

Their intercooler uses the same core as Synapse, and the Synapse one is cheaper by a cool hundred IIRC.

Overall, they make quality parts, but aren't the BEST options.

They need a reality check with their intake, charge piping, and pricing, other than that, they are awesome.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Ive been looking at the injen charge piping and intake and hahn. the intakes are around the same price but the injen charge piping is 200 dollars cheaper than hahns. What do you all think?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
Hahn makes ok stuff.

Their charge piping doesn't fit without modification, the hot side outlet was WAY too ******* big for the turbo outlet.

Their downpipe/catback/intercooler are all top notch...but at ridiculous prices.

Manderexhaust systems could hook you up with the equivalent of the hahn three inch for 505 shipped...only difference is the exhaust isn't shiny

Their intercooler uses the same core as Synapse, and the Synapse one is cheaper by a cool hundred IIRC.

They need a reality check with their intake, charge piping, and pricing, other than that, they are awesome.
dis man spreakens da tr00f
Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM

I would go with INJEN between the 2, but you also have to notice that injens is cheaper because there is no cold side piping. Just go with CIA and save yourself the money for something else. CIA>HAHN. They dont have a IC, but you could go with a HAHN IC. Its really thick, which I hate, but I think it has the best flow and design look, but you prolly would be just as happy with synapses ic.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
Hahn makes ok stuff.

^^^ Agreed - and I have Hahn... I recommend the following:

Hahn catback - it is quality and sounds really nice (personal preference)
Clear Image Downpipe - better design (actually moved the cat down from the flex coupler for added reliability)
Clear Image Charge Piping - hot side only (you don't really gain anything on the cold side regardless of the brand)
Anything but the Hahn cai - you will find numerous issues with it... Hahn even promised to send me a 'fix' which they haven't yet...