08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Where is Vince@Trifecta?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundraboarder666
Done with Vince after having him tune me for the last 2 years. My car was running better within 5 mind of having someone with hot tune my car.
Of course you can have someone with HPtuners that knows what their doing make your tune more aggressive that what Vince is with his tunes ...... but your above comment comes off as a shot at Vince. With the volume of cars that run his tune I'm sure he doesn't need the grief of running them any more aggressive than he already does.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rukkee
Of course you can have someone with HPtuners that knows what their doing make your tune more aggressive that what Vince is with his tunes ...... but your above comment comes off as a shot at Vince. With the volume of cars that run his tune I'm sure he doesn't need the grief of running them any more aggressive than he already does.
he's not talking about running more agrresive.Vince couldnt get his car above 5000 rpm without misfiring like hell.this went on for 2 years.he blamed it on valve float.5 minutes with hpt,no misfires,no idle hunting,not dieing.runs soooo much smoother,which is why im sold to hpt.my car has been SC for 1 year and Vince couldnt figure out my idle misfire,idle hunt and it would die when I push the clutch in on a roll.SOLD!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:32 AM

Vince tuned me today and my idle was so rough it died on me everytime I got a red light and almost to work my car died and when I started the car it idled for like a second and it turned off and wouldn't start anymore, so I had to get it towed back to my house. I want hpt but software is to expensive, but vince is a great tuner and all, he has done wonders to cobalts
Old 06-25-2011, 12:39 AM

Mines never idles right since ive been tf tuned.Tundra got hpt for 5 minutes and his idle is super smooth.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 AM

I would love hpt but when it died, I noticed oil was inside my catback, so might be turbo and tune bad
Old 06-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Premium Member

The main problem with remote tuning is not being able to see the immediate results. With HPT, you can tweak and see your results live. Something that would take weeks of back and forth only takes a few minutes with a tuner that has full control of the tuning software.

If vince was tuning your car on the spot and not from washington he could make the on the spot adjustments to get the spot on fix. You can only see so much from a log. For what he does, and the volume of cars that he has the ability to tune, he is a great tuner. Just sometimes tuning takes patience and trial and error.

I have used both HPT and TF, and you for an LNF you can tell vince how aggressive you want it.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:25 AM

Ive been TF tuned for about 3 years and my idle was never right
Old 06-25-2011, 01:28 AM

Mine was great until I turned the boost up and went e85
Old 06-25-2011, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
I have no idea what your mean
That's because you haven't seen the difference in my car... I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference if you haven't seen either outcome.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Premium Member

That's because you haven't seen the difference in my car... I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference if you haven't seen either outcome.
I meant the wording. I didnt understand it. I know chris straightened your car out
Old 06-25-2011, 01:55 AM

Not a shot at Vince, Just the truth, plus being told multiple times I would have a tune on a certain date and have it not happen... My car runs smooth now at idle and I don't misfire anymore... It's cheaper. At this point I'm sold on HPT. I'll still tune for Vince, but at this point I'm done letting him tune MY car. Read 1Low LS's post as well.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:07 AM

Well I can say I thought I was having trouble and I have bothered vince for a while. But after tonight I ran another cobalt with the same parts and tune and we where dead even so if I have a problem so does every other cobalt in la. It was 62 degrees the night I tuned my car and traction was nowhere to be found. But it's been 80 and above with 100% humidity most everyday. I kept up with a nsx from 40 to 80 when I let out. And vince went more aggressive everytime I asked him to. He finally told me for the sake of my engine he didn't recommend any more tuning. Only thing is it could possibly be leaned out a little more but him being that far away I'm not pushing the issue. The car is fast as hell vince did things a entire team took 3 years to do. My car idles the same on stock tune as it does on. Vince has went above and beyond what most would for the work he does as one person. If it takes a while for him to get back with me I don't mind because I have been on the phone with him for hours and he has responded back to numerous emails I have sent.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by bogalusahondakiller
Well I can say I thought I was having trouble and I have bothered vince for a while. But after tonight I ran another cobalt with the same parts and tune and we where dead even so if I have a problem so does every other cobalt in la. It was 62 degrees the night I tuned my car and traction was nowhere to be found. But it's been 80 and above with 100% humidity most everyday. I kept up with a nsx from 40 to 80 when I let out. And vince went more aggressive everytime I asked him to. He finally told me for the sake of my engine he didn't recommend any more tuning. Only thing is it could possibly be leaned out a little more but him being that far away I'm not pushing the issue. The car is fast as hell vince did things a entire team took 3 years to do. My car idles the same on stock tune as it does on. Vince has went above and beyond what most would for the work he does as one person. If it takes a while for him to get back with me I don't mind because I have been on the phone with him for hours and he has responded back to numerous emails I have sent.
Where in LA you at bro?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:09 AM

I meant the wording. I didnt understand it. I know chris straightened your car out
Lol you put your and you're pointing out my misspellings... Sorry had to point it out... lol
I was on my phone when I typed that, stupid automatic 'fix' corrected a couple words for me it seems.
mind = mins and hot = HPT... My bad yo
Old 06-25-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Fastgti69
Where in LA you at bro?
Louisiana, bogalusa
Old 06-25-2011, 11:00 AM

If your not or your Trifecta dealer is not sending in more then 1 datalog to get fine tuned, you are doing it wrong.

The only way HPT works out for someone who does not own the HPT software is if the HPT tuner is local.

Otherwise you are doing the same thing as Trifecta sending emails to be remote tuned.

I've been Trifecta tuned since 1,500 miles on my car @ 26 psi on stock K04 for roughly a year with no problems. I had 10k miles on my car before upgrading my turbo for more power.

I now have a BNR 2871GT upgrade turbo @ 26 psi E35 blend on Trifecta and my engine still is running perfect.

2000 miles on the BNR 2871GT @ 26 psi Trifecta tuned and another 500 miles on the first E35 blend setup.

Now I'm going to be running BNR 2871GT @ 26 psi and E35 blend on the MAF relocate setup.

So as you can see between all the bolt ons through out the years plus turbo upgrade I've had many tunes to go with it.

I have 4 different folders of multiple tunes and tweaks saved that I've wanted to try to my tunes with various mods or adjustments and I've been nothing but happy thus far.

K04 (6 tunes)
BNR 2871GT (4 tunes)
BNR 2871GT E35 (2 tunes)
BNR 2871GT E35 MAF relocate (1 tune so far)

So yeah I'm a little biased towards Trifecta as I've always gotten my tunes over the last 2 years and Vince is willing to work with you.

My car has NEVER been to GM for anything thus far.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 AM

Ive been tuned numerous times adn vince gets alot of and i mean alot of data logs and never a issue beside the weather here. ran another ss t/c cobalt last night he is on a 22 psi tune and i hold 22. he took a little at first then i pulled a little. but we have went more aggressive for a while now. hopefully later i can try against a byt tuned car and see where that stands. not knocking nick at all but we are limited by the humidity and heat here.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

Lol you put your and you're pointing out my misspellings... Sorry had to point it out... lol
I was on my phone when I typed that, stupid automatic 'fix' corrected a couple words for me it seems.
mind = mins and hot = HPT... My bad yo
Don't make me school you on the American English language. Your indicates possession. IE: your car

You're is a contraction or a combination of the words you and are. IE: You're being a jackass

Last edited by drewbroo; 06-25-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Does anyone see the problem with only having one tuner for your car now ?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Premium Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The main problem with remote tuning is not being able to see the immediate results. With HPT, you can tweak and see your results live. Something that would take weeks of back and forth only takes a few minutes with a tuner that has full control of the tuning software.

If vince was tuning your car on the spot and not from washington he could make the on the spot adjustments to get the spot on fix. You can only see so much from a log. For what he does, and the volume of cars that he has the ability to tune, he is a great tuner. Just sometimes tuning takes patience and trial and error.

I have used both HPT and TF, and you for an LNF you can tell vince how aggressive you want it.
My tune from Vince is and has been right on. He has been able to tell me when I have a problem. If your in a hurry get a less agressive tune to start off with
Old 06-25-2011, 01:52 PM

Don't make me school you on the American English language. Your indicates possession. IE: your car

You're is a contraction or a combination of the words you and are. IE: You're being a jackass

Exactly...

I have no idea what your mean
Old 06-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Premium Member

Exactly...

DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

just caught that.

You're still a jackass
Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 PM

DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

just caught that.

You're still a jackass
Old 06-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

So a little something about Vince. I called him saturday in need of a tune for an H2 with a rear mount kit on it. He had me the tune by sunday (this past sunday) ON A WEEKEND. I then realised that all I had was my tactrix cable. I let him know, and he sent me a blackbox to exchange for the tactrix. In my book thats very good customer service.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 PM

This is true.

Quick Reply: Where is Vince@Trifecta?