2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

60-100 in 4.6 seconds.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Ive been tesing my 5-25 mph runs lately.....

Originally Posted by ryans09SS/TC
I'm impressed with the terminator tune ha. Good to see someone posting some actual proof of their cars
I think termi tunes better than trifecta

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 12-21-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Lol.

Bad, when you coming in for us to hook your EVO up?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
lol, where did they get those numbers from?? That sounds retarded.
I dunno. I just know that I've seen it in quite a few different threads. I might be mistaken, there could be more range involved than that... but those are the speeds that seem to stand out in my head.

Originally Posted by mkriebs
Thats probably their 3rd gear. Lol.
3rd gear is included... but that is not all of 3rd gear.

yea, pretty much. The DSM's are generally all about low end power ( depending on the build ). Doing 70-90 is not only retarded because its only 20 mph ( lol ) but its really not where they shine.
Haha... Low end power? Yeah... right. Shows how much you know. You really do say some dumb things.

Man, those HX35 turbo's sure are great for low-end power.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im not saying it isnt quick, its just that its no where near an aerial atom, viper, etc. so that 60-100 chart you listed is kind of innaccurate to say the least.

Either way though, looks good from a tuning perspective. GJ.
Ariel atom 300 does 0-60 in about 3 seconds. I would think their 60-100 time is inaccurate on there. I would be willing to bet it does 60-100 in 3.4 seconds or less. The log is quite accurate if you use it properly. Stock SS/TCs run 8.5 seconds from 60-100 using the exact same procedure. Seems about right when you consider the stock 0-60 time and the stock 0-100 time. Do a little math and you get ~8.3 seconds from 60-100.

Lol.

To answer your question from before. That is the latest Beta scanner format.

So Ive been tesing my 5-25 mph runs lately.....

I think termi tunes better than trifecta
Thank you very much. I try.

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Good stuff here, Termi.

I've been browsing the DSM forums lately... and they all seem to be all about the 70-90mph time. Definitely a decently good tool for comparison when used properly.
Thanks.

Last edited by Terminator2; 12-21-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 03:07 PM

I dunno. I just know that I've seen it in quite a few different threads. I might be mistaken, there could be more range involved than that... but those are the speeds that seem to stand out in my head.

3rd gear is included... but that is not all of 3rd gear.

Haha... Low end power? Yeah... right. Shows how much you know. You really do say some dumb things.

Man, those HX35 turbo's sure are great for low-end power.
Dude, I own a ******* evo I know where the powerband is. It has a shitty top end but tons of grunt in the low end. The only redeeming top end it has comes from the MIVEC. Without a turbo upgrade, the majority of your power in the stock turbo is bottom of the powerband because its a 2x scroll. Unless you do a big turbo upgrade or stroke the engine the dual scroll is going to hit hard and then taper off, even with a boost controller it still tapers a bit.

3rd gear goes to about 95 since you dont seem to know.

Lol.

I might be making a trip out to AMS which is in west chicago this spring. I can let u know ahead of time.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 12-21-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor

I remember watching some Tuner Challenge thing on MTV and it was AMS vs Cristian Rado....AMS blew up their EVO in (1) 1/8th mile race LMAO! Enjoy

And you're wrong on the twin scroll nonsense you just wrote...

Not my words:
A twin scroll turbine housing uses dual side by side passages into the housing. When coupled with a pulse converter manifold that separates exhaust pulses as many crank degrees in the firing order as possible, a twin scroll or divided housing works to reduce lag, decrease exhaust manifold backpressure on the top end, reduce the potential for reversion, and increase fuel economy. The twin scroll is based off the same reasoning a tri-Y header uses: keep spent exhaust gases out of an adjacent cylinder drawing in fresh air. At high rpm on a turbo car, exhaust backpressure is usually significantly higher than atmospheric pressure, and often higher than intake manifold pressure as well. A divider between each of the two volutes allows the cylinders to expel the exhaust gases without it interfering with the fresh air for combustion. Since there are two openings, each a smaller overall volume than a single scroll design, the exhaust velocity of each pulse can be maintained. This also spins the impeller more easily because lag is a function of the scroll area. A single turbine housing opening isn't as efficient since cylinders on the exhaust stroke of the 4 stroke cycle contaminate the cylinders that are on overlap with exhaust gas. A conventional turbine housing is not as effective in using exhaust pulse energy to help spin the turbine up to speed as it does not exploit the energy contained in the pulses as well.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
I remember watching some Tuner Challenge thing on MTV and it was AMS vs Cristian Rado....AMS blew up their EVO in (1) 1/8th mile race LMAO! Enjoy
AMS is one of the best vendors on the market for the evo, other than Buschur. I dont know what AMS youre talking about, but the AMS we have knows their ****. Look:

http://www.amsperformance.com/ams_dragevo.php

^holding the record for both viii and ix. They must not know **** about building fast cars...

And you're wrong on the twin scroll nonsense you just wrote...

Not my words:
A twin scroll turbine housing uses dual side by side passages into the housing. When coupled with a pulse converter manifold that separates exhaust pulses as many crank degrees in the firing order as possible, a twin scroll or divided housing works to reduce lag, decrease exhaust manifold backpressure on the top end, reduce the potential for reversion, and increase fuel economy. The twin scroll is based off the same reasoning a tri-Y header uses: keep spent exhaust gases out of an adjacent cylinder drawing in fresh air. At high rpm on a turbo car, exhaust backpressure is usually significantly higher than atmospheric pressure, and often higher than intake manifold pressure as well. A divider between each of the two volutes allows the cylinders to expel the exhaust gases without it interfering with the fresh air for combustion. Since there are two openings, each a smaller overall volume than a single scroll design, the exhaust velocity of each pulse can be maintained. This also spins the impeller more easily because lag is a function of the scroll area. A single turbine housing opening isn't as efficient since cylinders on the exhaust stroke of the 4 stroke cycle contaminate the cylinders that are on overlap with exhaust gas. A conventional turbine housing is not as effective in using exhaust pulse energy to help spin the turbine up to speed as it does not exploit the energy contained in the pulses as well.
All this says is it reduces turbo lag, which is the point of having 2x scroll. Congrats??

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 12-21-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor

Reading > You...

a twin scroll or divided housing works to reduce lag, decrease exhaust manifold backpressure on the top end...

And congrats on their records, still saw what I saw. It was the company you're thinking of because both teams used their turbo kit. Rado made more power without NO2 then AMS did with NO2. AMS then blew up the car on the 1 race of 1/8th mile.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:31 PM

Reading > You...

a twin scroll or divided housing works to reduce lag, decrease exhaust manifold backpressure on the top end...
And what does that have to do with the twinscroll Im referring to when dyno sheets prove otherwise?

Big power comes from big turbos. The whole point of having a big turbo is because they make rediculous power and can make it to redline. The whole point of a twinscroll is to spool quick, not make big numbers. If you want big numbers, nothing is better than a big turbo, or tt in some cases.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

I agree. If you compare a K04 to a twin scroll K04 tho, you will find the twin will spool harder faster and hold out longer.

Another quote from elsewhere:
We have found the twin-scroll systems have higher backpressure at low rpm (which is good for turbo spool-up) and lower backpressure at high rpm (which is good for top-end performance)
Old 12-21-2009, 03:35 PM

I agree. If you compare a K04 to a twin scroll K04 tho, you will find the twin will spool harder faster and hold out longer.

Another quote from elsewhere:
We have found the twin-scroll systems have higher backpressure at low rpm (which is good for turbo spool-up) and lower backpressure at high rpm (which is good for top-end performance)
What needs to be made is a twinscroll big turbo. I dunno if thats feasible or possible though. At least, Ive never seen one.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor

They do make them...
Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Dude, I own a ******* evo I know where the powerband is. It has a shitty top end but tons of grunt in the low end. The only redeeming top end it has comes from the MIVEC. Without a turbo upgrade, the majority of your power in the stock turbo is bottom of the powerband because its a 2x scroll. Unless you do a big turbo upgrade or stroke the engine the dual scroll is going to hit hard and then taper off, even with a boost controller it still tapers a bit.
What's your point? Your Evo ISN'T a DSM.

And no one was talking about STOCK TURBO. You made a STUPID generalized statement that "The DSM's are generally all about low end power ( depending on the build )"...

Hmmm... doesn't really sound like you are talking about Stock Turbo cars there. Especially since one of the first few upgrades that most DSM owners do, is swapping out the turbo.

3rd gear goes to about 95 since you dont seem to know.
Depends on your Rev Limiter, first of all. And second of all, I simply said that 70-90 wasn't all of 3rd gear... which it isn't.

I've got a log of my friend's 1g... shifted to 3rd @ 56mph (6600rpm) and then shifted to 4th at 83mph (6600rpm).

And then I have another log of a different friend's... shifted to 3rd @ 67.9mph (7928rpm) and shifted to 4th @ 101.5mph (7812mph)

As said before. You say a lot of stupid ****.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 PM

They do make them...
What brand?? Every car Ive checked out turbo upgrades for its always been bigger turbos ( 50 mm and up ).
Old 12-21-2009, 03:40 PM

awesome stuff, i need to get some exhaust and an intercooler asap
Old 12-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Getreadytolose
awesome stuff, i need to get some exhaust and an intercooler asap
You My friend need a catless DP badly.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor

GT30:
http://www.aptuning.net/Garrett_Dual...p-vevo-020.htm

GT35:
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...8-p-52416.html
Old 12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

What needs to be made is a twinscroll big turbo. I dunno if thats feasible or possible though. At least, Ive never seen one.
They've already made them. Been out for a while now.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 PM

What's your point? Your Evo ISN'T a DSM.

And no one was talking about STOCK TURBO. You made a STUPID generalized statement that "The DSM's are generally all about low end power ( depending on the build )"...

Hmmm... doesn't really sound like you are talking about Stock Turbo cars there. Especially since one of the first few upgrades that most DSM owners do, is swapping out the turbo.

Depends on your Rev Limiter, first of all. And second of all, I simply said that 70-90 wasn't all of 3rd gear... which it isn't.

I've got a log of my friend's 1g... shifted to 3rd @ 56mph (6600rpm) and then shifted to 4th at 83mph (6600rpm).

And then I have another log of a different friend's... shifted to 3rd @ 67.9mph (7928rpm) and shifted to 4th @ 101.5mph (7812mph)

As said before. You say a lot of stupid ****.
DSM = Mitsubishi. Early model Mitsubishi eclipses = DSM. Eagle Talons are also DSM.

If you had read, I went on to say that if theyre running a big turbo, or stroked engine OBVIOUSLY thats going to change. On a maxed out stock turbo, and out of the box, theyre better in the low end. They werent designed to be top end monsters. Didnt you ever notice how low the gearing is in them? Low end grunt. You can modify them to make better top end power, JUST like anything else. However, they dont come out of the box with a good top end, and werent designed with as much in mind.

This is what I was trying to say. Sorry, I probly should have specified better.

I like that 35R. They have any that can make over 1000 whp?

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 12-21-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

Ive done enough homework for you today :P LOL!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Ive done enough homework for you today :P LOL!
haha, Im so lazy.

I will search
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dsm = diamond star motors... it was when chrysler owned mitsubishi... no way does dsm = mitsubishi... mitsubishi is only diamond...

hence why the 3000gt and the stealth are practically the same cars.... and the talon and eclipse??

no way is an evo dsm...

back on topic... nice to see that 4.6 term. your car pulls faster than a caterham or what ever its called lol..

Last edited by fshizl; 12-21-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by fshizl
dsm = diamond star motors... it was when chrysler owned mitsubishi... no way does dsm = mitsubishi... mitsubishi is only diamond...

hence why the 3000gt and the stealth are practically the same cars.... and the talon and eclipse??

no way is an evo dsm...

back on topic... nice to see that 4.6 term. your car pulls faster than a caterham or what ever its called lol..
Thanks.

Ok, so I just looked up the Cobalt SS in that database and it came up with the SS/SC. It runs 9.7 seconds from 60-100 stock so a SS/TC running 8.5 seconds still seems very correct to me because we all know that a stock SS/TC will beat a stock SS/SC. I also looked up the 05 Mustang GT and it came up 8.3 seconds and most who have raced 05 and up mustangs can attest that it is a driver's race from a roll.

Last edited by Terminator2; 12-21-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah! Well... I push 65 psi outta my stock turbo at redline, obviously my dick's bigger!

Lol.

Off topic... Matt, are you guys still working on the 2.3L stroker?
We are working with piston and rod manufacturers in search of better pricing.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:49 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Lets see who can get to 150 the quickest.

Quick Reply: 60-100 in 4.6 seconds.