2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Boost Cut + Alignment Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Cut + Alignment Questions

Had my 09 tuned a couple months ago, when I accelerate at full throttle I get a boost cut. It seems boost spikes too quickly, causes it to drop off, then comes back on in full and everything is great. It's livable but I'm curious if anyone else has this problem and hopefully a solution. I only have a catless DP and tune.

Secondly, the car wants to pull left. I had the alignment check, they gave me a print out, everything is within the "allowable" parameters. I've had the problem with 2 sets of tires (same wheels). I'm having my winters put on sometime this weekend, maybe they'll get they'll get it straightened out.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's an HP Tuners tune, pm me and I'll give you a an email address to send it to if you want me to look at it. The DAL table might be questionable. I've seen some strange tunes.

Should spike to just over 22 then taper to 18 - 19 at redline.

There is quite a bit of torque steer with this car, so it's probably ok on that part. If you are getting a boost spike, the torque is going to spike too!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Yeah your right on. It is an HP Tuners tune and it peaks around 22 and will hold at about 20 (makes 281 and 302, dynopack). It did not happen on the dyno, however I noticed it when I was driving home. It's only when I slam the gas (a sudden spike), if I slowly increase to WOT there is no issue. I brought it back to the tuner, we went for a quick ride but couldn't fix it on the spot. I still have faith!

Yes there is definitely torque steer, but I can be in neutral just rolling along, the car drives like it's misaligned, but supposedly isn't. It's not the tires (dealer says it is) I've rotated them and have the same problem. Sometimes it's worse than others. It's also a livable problem, it doesn't seem to be enough to cause tire wear issues, it's just an annoyance on long highway rides. My plan is to bring it to someone else to align and see what they can do for me.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Sounds like the tune is about right then for no major mods. The trouble I have since it breathes easier up top with the intake and downpipe is holding high boost. Mine tapers off to 18 psi above redline but the airflow is greatly increased.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Maybe you have a caliper dragging? All tires have same pressure and wear?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Iam Broke
If it's an HP Tuners tune, pm me and I'll give you a an email address to send it to if you want me to look at it. The DAL table might be questionable. I've seen some strange tunes.

Should spike to just over 22 then taper to 18 - 19 at redline.

There is quite a bit of torque steer with this car, so it's probably ok on that part. If you are getting a boost spike, the torque is going to spike too!
You can put those cells to 1500 and it will still not see over 25 psi even on a spike. I have done it to mine before. It will still hold the same boost as commanding 260% in those cells. The desired and actual airloads normally will not match if you are commanding over 260% in any of the cells. Not counting pill mod or a MBC of course.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by smanbb4l
Yeah your right on. It is an HP Tuners tune and it peaks around 22 and will hold at about 20 (makes 281 and 302, dynopack). It did not happen on the dyno, however I noticed it when I was driving home. It's only when I slam the gas (a sudden spike), if I slowly increase to WOT there is no issue. I brought it back to the tuner, we went for a quick ride but couldn't fix it on the spot. I still have faith!

Yes there is definitely torque steer, but I can be in neutral just rolling along, the car drives like it's misaligned, but supposedly isn't. It's not the tires (dealer says it is) I've rotated them and have the same problem. Sometimes it's worse than others. It's also a livable problem, it doesn't seem to be enough to cause tire wear issues, it's just an annoyance on long highway rides. My plan is to bring it to someone else to align and see what they can do for me.
im sure ur pulling left thing is the tires. My stock tires like to go along with how the road is all the time. Sometimes it jerks left as the road is that way. or if the road is sloping sightly left it does it as well, when i put on my winter tires, it didnt do it anymore.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 PM

do you have LSD?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
As far as the weird boost, I'd also check you vacuum hose going to your boost solenoid too. After I did my charge pipes I forgot to reconnect the hose going from the coldside charge pipe to the solenoid and it did funky stuff similar to what you describe until I found out what I did.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 AM

my car follows the uneveness in the road a ton. if you are not used to a car that had low profile tires this could be part of the problem. since i put wider rims/tires on the problem is even worse, but that's fine by me.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My car pulls left, need to get an alignment, 24k miles on crappy roads will throw **** off. If you are on level road your car should go straight, otherwise it should follow the slope of the road. My car will go left even if the slope is going down to the right.