2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Boost issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boost issue

Ok so another boost issue thread im sure everyone is saying but this one has got me good. I am having a issue where the car pretty much feels dead even though it is building boost to 15psi it feels as if it struggles to get there and throughout the process I hear excessive turbo spooling (more than the typical sounds like I had a waste-gate with a dump to atmosphere). I have a forge bpv that I thought could have been the issue as sometimes I could get on it and let off as if to make the forge bpv actuate and then I could lay into again immediately after and the loud turbo spool noise would be gone and boost would be there as it should. So to myself I thought has to be the Forged BPV. So this morning after changing the oil I decided to install the OEM BPV and take the car out for a spin but now it seems like I can not get it to build power at all. It just does the loud spooling and struggling to 15psi which it does not feel like at all. Soon I will attempted to take out and reinstall the OEM BPV one more time just to make sure it was seated properly but after that I am at a loss for what to do. I did do a visual inspection of all my charge pipes everything seems ok the only thing left is to take off the front bumper and inspect my inter cooler and the connections on the end tanks.

So any possible similar issues and causes would be appreciated at this point. There is no CEL and I can not pull any codes using the interceptors not sure if using a TECHII would bring something that is stored that isnt throwing a CEL but at this point no codes to go off. Not sure if the OEM waste gate or Wastegate solenoid could be the issue not to sure what I could do to check either.

Hopefully someone has experienced something similar cause this one has got me stumped as of right now.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First thing I would do is perform a boost leak test. Most of the time when the turbo sounds louder than normal it's a boost leak
Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Either boost leak or wg is leaking.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:01 PM

Yeah will be doing a boost leak test this weekend I've had my share of those with the intercooler cracking welds but this time it just seems way different but I will do it to check it off the list but in leaning towards the wastegate unfortunately but well see will be doing boost leak test then if that's not it figure out what I can check on the wastegate possibly the wastegate solenoid gone bad idk
Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 PM

Check the spring on the forge bpv. One time I left my spring out and it did the same thing. It would build boost but would feel sluggish and also would make the turbo spooling noise really loud.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by brycerice13
Check the spring on the forge bpv. One time I left my spring out and it did the same thing. It would build boost but would feel sluggish and also would make the turbo spooling noise really loud.
Yeah thing that has got me on that is I poor the OEM back in and still am getting the same issue cause originally I thought that was the issue I have left it out for now waiting on forge to contact me see if I can get a rebuild kit cause the components look worn
Old 05-26-2015, 10:31 PM

Sorry I guess I didn't fully read the post. Then yeah it might be the wastegate solenoid, that would be my next guess.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:07 AM

Well I looked over the car this Friday didn't see anything that I could pick up with my eyes that would cause a leak everything is tight so I need to perform a proper boost leak test to verify but at this point I'm pretty sure its either the wastegate or the wastegate solenoid. Not sure if you can purchase s wastegate separately but if its anywhere near the cost of the wastegate actuator solenoid it will be a new turbo lol

Anyone in the central Florida area that has a boost leak tester make shift or not and is willing to lend a hand lmk would be greatly appreciated.