2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Do you guys think 15,000 firm is too much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by brant
no really as in why the fack does it matter..you obviously missed the point... stock +tune 17.5k vs fully built everything 15k.....smh
No, the point is that is not a stock car. a stock car is a car that has no aftermarket modifications what so ever.

a near stock car would of been better term, seeing as it has a tune.

yes it does matter, because as everyone has said its worth less modded.

Also, dont care if you are from Canada or Mars when you are wrong...you are wrong.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by leemanfor
No, the point is that is not a stock car. a stock car is a car that has no aftermarket modifications what so ever.

a near stock car would of been better term, seeing as it has a tune.

yes it does matter, because as everyone has said its worth less modded.

Also, dont care if you are from Canada or Mars when you are wrong...you are wrong.

Thank you for understanding what I was getting at man.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
again u missed the point... MY POINT WAS IF U READ EVERyTHING IS DONT BUDGE OFF YOUR PRICE CUZ PPL WILL PAY...using the ALMOST stock (cuz clearly me saying stock somehow flipps your worlds upside down) got a stupid amount compared to the 15k (i understand mods add caution to a buyer etc etc)...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM

I'll be honest and this is NOT a personal attack but I wouldn't give you $10k for your car and I feel rather comfortable working on Cobalts. It's the mods. Way too much. I would pay more for a stock vehicle.

What you should do is part it out and put it back to stock then trade it in.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

again u missed the point... MY POINT WAS IF U READ EVERyTHING IS DONT BUDGE OFF YOUR PRICE CUZ PPL WILL PAY...using the ALMOST stock (cuz clearly me saying stock somehow flipps your worlds upside down) got a stupid amount compared to the 15k (i understand mods add caution to a buyer etc etc)...
Ohhh its almost stock now.... before you said stock.

Ok, I understand now.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
The other major problem that many people don't think about is this, most people will get a loan on a $15k car. A bank will not loan you the money on a car that is over priced. This car would Blue book around 13-15k. Hell my bank required 20% down so you would have to pay the difference to get the loan to about 10-11k.

That's a bad play for most people. Especially with the risk of taking on your build.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
Ohhh its almost stock now.... before you said stock.

Ok, I understand now.
ahh i see youre one of "those kids" ...its okay i forgive you, youre a special boy, keep your head up buddy you'll be a-okay in life your right staged07ss... i just want you to be happy, if the small victory of this helps u get through your day then im glad

Last edited by brant; 02-13-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

ahh i see youre one of "those kids" ...its okay i forgive you, youre a special boy, keep your head up buddy you'll be a-okay in life your right staged07ss... i just want you to be happy, if the small victory of this helps u get through your day then im glad
lol kid hardly.... I wish I was a young kiddie again.

Boy, you are really butt hurt over this.

I even told you a while back I was just bustin your *****, and I still am

Someone is a sensitive sally today.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 AM

and you think what im saying is me being serious? u sir are WRONG!!.... i win

but seriously back on topic, lol some joe shmoe will pay ur asking price
Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Frogstofall
I'll be honest and this is NOT a personal attack but I wouldn't give you $10k for your car and I feel rather comfortable working on Cobalts. It's the mods. Way too much. I would pay more for a stock vehicle.

this would honestly be the best idea. you simply wont get what you put in it. Part it out to stock and sell the stuff off. then sell the car for 15k.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by umrdyldo
The other major problem that many people don't think about is this, most people will get a loan on a $15k car. A bank will not loan you the money on a car that is over priced. This car would Blue book around 13-15k. Hell my bank required 20% down so you would have to pay the difference to get the loan to about 10-11k.

That's a bad play for most people. Especially with the risk of taking on your build.
The banks black book valued my car at 19,500 a year and a half ago. Reason I decided to get rid of the car was the cam phaser tuning issue and traction. Then right after I buy my mustang ZZP comes out saying they are making a custom pcm to solve that issue. The traction issue can be solved.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall

The difference is this guy KNOWS what he's getting, knows about the car, knows its stupid fast, and still offered me 10. It would have been different if I hadn't known the guy or something along those lines and he was just a guy looking for a cobalt but he's not! He wants my cobalt!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
The difference is this guy KNOWS what he's getting, knows about the car, knows its stupid fast, and still offered me 10. It would have been different if I hadn't known the guy or something along those lines and he was just a guy looking for a cobalt but he's not! He wants my cobalt!
I will give you $10100? J/K...LoL.. GLWS..
Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 PM

I think many people need to understand, THAT YOU WILL NEVER get back what you put into you car in mods, nor does the average buyer want a fully built car, the best selling vehicle is a stock one.

To also put this in comparison of value of our cars, i just picked up a 2008 1 owner ss/tc BONE STOCK with 6,000 original miles with a dealer asking price of 15,950, obviously not a OTD PRICE but gives you an idea of value, keep in mind this car is mint, untouched, and was only driven on weekends.

My advise, list it for what its worth to you, keep it, or part out and return to stock.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM

From the sounds of it. If I were in the market today, I would strongly consider your car. Might not offer you the full 15 but might come waving bills awfully close to what you are asking.

Someone offering you 10 who wants your car is a bit of an insult.(my opinion) One offer maybe not but to keep offering the same low offer is insulting.

List it on here and make it open to reasonable offers. You might get closer to what you think but it may take time to find the right offer.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
think wut was being said could be a better option putting your car back to stock make almost all your money bac from mods, and parting her out return her to stock and ask for 13-15k and be more reasonable getting it.

I WANT FIRST OFFER ON THE TRANS
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM

Selling a modded car your gonna loose your ass, I learned this the hard way, I basically had to give away my f1a procharged 03 cobra.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shortbus
Selling a modded car your gonna loose your ass, I learned this the hard way, I basically had to give away my f1a procharged 03 cobra.
I am still losing my ass. That's less than I have in mods in the car by a few thousand.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 PM

I think your price is fair for what you have done to it. Like several peeps have said, the average joe is afraid of a modded car and would prefer an unmolested stock, or near stock car. As far as the dude where you work, you said he knows these cars and knows what you have done to it and just wants a cheaper price. EVERYBODY does that! Have you ever gone to buy a car at a dealership and agreed to the sticker price? I never have. It's fair for him to ask for a lower price. As far as him being a d@@k about it, next time he ask tell him its not for sale to you.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Banned

I'm asking 13,500 for my Balt. It's built and so on and so forth.. I usually only have kids wantin it but most of the time when I drive it and so on for the test drive the people get sick or can't breath so they get out and say nope sorry its to much power. . I want to make it stock and sell it lol
Old 02-13-2013, 02:55 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
I'm asking 13,500 for my Balt. It's built and so on and so forth.. I usually only have kids wantin it but most of the time when I drive it and so on for the test drive the people get sick or can't breath so they get out and say nope sorry its to much power. . I want to make it stock and sell it lol
Lol, I would love to just take people on test drives with a car like that.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM

well.. my friend sold his fully built 09 ss/tc for 9.5k. just because he couldn't sell it any higher.. he first asked 15, then 13, 12, 11, 10k. then finally let it go for 9.5k. but he took the bolt ons off.

motor was fully built 2.1liter LNF that could handle over 600whp. had the stock turbo tho..

yours should sell for around 12k minimum... but keep asking 15k for it. you will eventually find a buyer that WANTS a big turbo cobalt and is willing to pay 14K or more for your car
Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you not understand that modding a car, especially a cobalt, decreases its value? If you're going to invest that much in the car, keep it, otherwise you're just throwing money away.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hockeyman
Do you not understand that modding a car, especially a cobalt, decreases its value? If you're going to invest that much in the car, keep it, otherwise you're just throwing money away.
It wasn't intentional. It started out as just a 93 Tuned Cobalt on the S256ET then during logging the stock block went. Ordered a built block, head, and cams. Trans went. Had a built trans installed as well as a dyno tune on E85 with the 5th injector and fuel pump(ya know, what's an extra 800 when you're already this far in, people seemed to have success on e85). Bad connection on fuel pump caused the car to lean out immediately during a pull. There was no saving it. Now the car has a new block, new clutch, new water pump, all new fueling system including hpfp, injectors, and rail, bottom end was checked by a machine shop, Crank was polished, new rings, new rod bearings, new main bearings. Car comes with enough suspension mods to darn near Autocross it which were done when I bought the car. People gotta understand you have to pay to play. Everything can't be cheap. If you want something fast and reliable, its not gonna be cheap. If you want something cheap n fast its not going to be reliable. If you want something cheap and reliable go buy a damned stock cobalt and stop bothering me....

Last edited by FasterIsBetter; 02-13-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
It wasn't intentional. It started out as just a 93 Tuned Cobalt on the S256ET then during logging the stock block went. Ordered a built block, head, and cams. Trans went. Had a built trans installed as well as a dyno tune on E85 with the 5th injector and fuel pump(ya know, what's an extra 800 when you're already this far in, people seemed to have success on e85). Bad connection on fuel pump caused the car to lean out immediately during a pull. There was no saving it. Now the car has a new block, new clutch, new water pump, all new fueling system including hpfp, injectors, and rail, bottom end was checked by a machine shop, Crank was polished, new rings, new rod bearings, new main bearings. Car comes with enough suspension mods to darn near Autocross it which were done when I bought the car. People gotta understand you have to pay to play. Everything can't be cheap. If you want something fast and reliable, its not gonna be cheap. If you want something cheap n fast its not going to be reliable. If you want something cheap and reliable go buy a damned stock cobalt and stop bothering me....
Correct, you do have to pay to play, doesn't mean some one is gonna pay 15k for you car when they could get a bone stock non abused cobalt and mod it to their liking and know for SURE it's done correctly.

Quick Reply: Do you guys think 15,000 firm is too much?