2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

gmtu turbo upgrade turbo boost drop ?,s

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gmtu turbo upgrade turbo boost drop ?,s

Well I figured I would post this question on here even this is on a hhr ss I had the GMTU installed on my car makes awesome power 22 plus pounds of boost. Goes grate from a 10 MPH roll spinning also. But if I try to take off from a light power brakeing it and then ease into it and try and get some traction when I finally put it to the floor boost goes to 22 for a second or two then drops to zero then right back up. Crate engine depot said could be wiring pinching but it looks like the tech did a great job . Ced also said could be a leaking Turbo? Today CED tom said it could be that the wires are too tightly installed and that what could be happening is the motor is rocking pulling the tmap out of the pipe creating a leak Any ideas? Also a couple months back I had the vacuum assit pump added worked great. Now the brakes are right back to where they where I am assuming they did the wrong reflash. In the instructions It clearly shows a different reflash for the 09hhr ss auto with vacuum pump.which I outlined for the tech. According to Tom At CED he said he never heard of a different reflash for the vacuum assist.He said the tech simply calls gm and based on the vin they give him the reflash????? I am guessing they put the reflash in.Tom at CED is checking with the engineers to see if they have ever heard of this.I would think they would have encountered this with over 400 installs under there belt? Come to think of it as far as the boost going down then back up again I believe I have encountered that before the gmtu so maybe it is a traction control thing kicking in when it should not or even a turbo issue.??

Any advice would be great at this point I have to wait for the dealer to look at it Friday at the earliest. __________________
Old 07-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
first, whats gmtu?? never heard of it, iv heard of gms1 though.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:12 AM

Try holding down the Traction control button for 10 seconds till it says ECS or what ever it is is turned off then see if it still does it. that would let you know if it is part of your traction control.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 AM

GMTU equals General Motors Turbo Upgrade.

Tried the traction control off and with the esc off

Think I found the problem the tech did not grind the nub off of the lower tmap sensor and it appears it was coming out as the car was launching probably hitting the sensor