2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Hahn VS HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahn VS HP Tuners

I was going to buy my tune so what do you guys think? I can't decide. Does the Hahn actually restore it back to 100% factory defaults and the dealer won't be able to tell if i have replaced the bin file or should I go with HP Tuners and buy the extra PCM.

Yes I do have a search button but I want to get some input.

Sorry if this is a repost .
Old 09-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A dealer will not go THAT in depth to see if you altered the ECU. Very very rarly would they even attempt. No need for spare ECU. HP Tuners is always best as you can adjust to your likeing and to your car as i belive hahn's is a canned one which cant be altered unless you have HP tuners. EIther choice is great. My tune from them for my turbo kit is amazing for a canned tune.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:24 PM

im going to say go with hp
Old 09-27-2008, 12:25 PM

Has HP tuners even come out with a tuning software for the SS/TC?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Has HP tuners even come out with a tuning software for the SS/TC?
for awhile now..
Old 09-27-2008, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
A dealer will not go THAT in depth to see if you altered the ECU. Very very rarly would they even attempt. No need for spare ECU. HP Tuners is always best as you can adjust to your likeing and to your car as i belive hahn's is a canned one which cant be altered unless you have HP tuners. EIther choice is great. My tune from them for my turbo kit is amazing for a canned tune.
The tune Garrett provided me with is making my car run rich did you have this problem at all, im getting it cleaned up with triftica tuning soon
Old 09-27-2008, 12:27 PM

for awhile now..
Well thats good to know i did not think they have. But with the Hahn setup you can return everythign back to stock from reading on there site.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

Do I go Pro or Standard? with HPtuners. It doesn't list the 09 .. Still the same I am guessing ? Anyone know ? Yeah if you want to return it back to factory you have to buy the spare ecu with HP tuners. I am old school where tuning was a damn carb .. So damn confusing man All I want is the boost to kick in at low rpms and I am gunna put some exhaust on for starters. So why is Hanh so expensive if they dont send you a spare ECU ? because you don't have to have it ?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:35 PM

hp tuner u can tune your car to the parts you put on thats a +

go pro you can do more

Last edited by duke3323; 09-27-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by duke3323
hp tuner u can tune your car to the parts you put on thats a +

go pro you can do more
You can always buy the extra ECU for later ... I will get the pro I sure hope it works on the 09's
Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Well thats good to know i did not think they have. But with the Hahn setup you can return everythign back to stock from reading on there site.
You can do the same with hptuners.

Originally Posted by BowTieTillIdie
Do I go Pro or Standard? with HPtuners. It doesn't list the 09 .. Still the same I am guessing ? Anyone know ? Yeah if you want to return it back to factory you have to buy the spare ecu with HP tuners. I am old school where tuning was a damn carb .. So damn confusing man All I want is the boost to kick in at low rpms and I am gunna put some exhaust on for starters. So why is Hanh so expensive if they dont send you a spare ECU ? because you don't have to have it ?
With the pro you can datalog without a pc, just push a button on the little box to record. And you can install a couple of 5v sensors.
The hahn is so expensive because all the hard word has been done for you and you simply press a button to upload the tune. With hptuners you do all the work yourself, assuming you know what you're doing that is.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peachpuff
You can do the same with hptuners.

With the pro you can datalog without a pc, just push a button on the little box to record. And you can install a couple of 5v sensors.
The hahn is so expensive because all the hard word has been done for you and you simply press a button to upload the tune. With hptuners you do all the work yourself, assuming you know what you're doing that is.
Not really but I am a network engineer so I am sure after getting the right input from others I will be able to understand the air to fuel ratios etc...... I hope I am really not into the canned thing. I have overclocked PC's so it can't be much more difficult ...
Old 09-27-2008, 12:45 PM

just buy a how to book at banes and nobles
Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

So what do you do if you want to take it back to the dealer for warranty work ? Just buy the ECU if the time comes?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:08 PM

i dont think they check the ecu that much man unless it something notice able so i dont know just switch ecu's
Old 09-27-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by BowTieTillIdie
I have overclocked PC's so it can't be much more difficult ...
You are in for a shock! Overclocking a PC is child's play. It's just a few BIOS settings and if you mess up your computer wont boot or worst case you kill a CPU. Your car has so many things going on that if you don't have a good understanding about the way the systems work you can really do more harm then good. And, when you mess up the tune in your car you could be facing an engine replacement. I don't want to discourage you but, you need to make sure you are confident with it before you make your own tune.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:46 PM

hptuners.... cheaper and if you know how to tune well you can make it as good as Hahn's canned tune for 700-800 dollars less

Hp you can set it back to stock file too just like you can do Hahns

For something little like charge piping unhooked.... or something minor goes wrong the dealer wont check to see if you had it tuned or anything....

but if you blow the engine then yea there going to check it
Old 09-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marcusicp
You are in for a shock! Overclocking a PC is child's play. It's just a few BIOS settings and if you mess up your computer wont boot or worst case you kill a CPU. Your car has so many things going on that if you don't have a good understanding about the way the systems work you can really do more harm then good. And, when you mess up the tune in your car you could be facing an engine replacement. I don't want to discourage you but, you need to make sure you are confident with it before you make your own tune.
LOL .. Well then if your lazy and can't read or do serious research or suck at math your advice is a Hahn system ?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I work at a dealer and it doesnt matter wheather you can place the ecu back to stock or not. GM engineered the pcm to hold the last 10 calibrations, if you put in a tune it will show up and if you replace to stock it will show that the gm tune is in. it simply lists them in the pcm. GM went so far as to mod this car and run it till it blows and then disect the motor to see the pattern of destruction.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cmiller8006
I work at a dealer and it doesnt matter wheather you can place the ecu back to stock or not. GM engineered the pcm to hold the last 10 calibrations, if you put in a tune it will show up and if you replace to stock it will show that the gm tune is in. it simply lists them in the pcm. GM went so far as to mod this car and run it till it blows and then disect the motor to see the pattern of destruction.

Can you please explain ..................... so last 10 calibrations ? Are you tryin to say they will or will not know.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by cmiller8006
so..........wats stopping you from reloading the GM stock tune 10 times? That would show them that yes the tune was put on there 10 times but it would only show a GM tune................
Old 09-27-2008, 03:29 PM

id go with hp cause you can always adjust it what are you gonna do pay 1000 every time you want hahn to retune? plus hp is the way to go youll learn alot and might be able to get more power out of the car rathe rthan hahn
Old 09-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C0baltWithM0ds
id go with hp cause you can always adjust it what are you gonna do pay 1000 every time you want hahn to retune? plus hp is the way to go youll learn alot and might be able to get more power out of the car rathe rthan hahn
I wish some one knew what Cmiller is talking about cuz I do not want to blow it up just want instant boost and few mods...
Old 09-27-2008, 03:49 PM

Just Get Another Ecu U Guys Im Getting My Cobalt Tuned Right Now As We Speak
Old 09-27-2008, 03:52 PM

let us know how the tune came out. Power wise?

Quick Reply: Hahn VS HP Tuners