2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

HP Tune and the infamous Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HP Tune and the infamous Dealer

so I'm looking for some opinions... I have access to a HP Tuner and am considering upgrading from my current GMS1 stage tune. The biggest question is... is it worth jeaprodizing the warranty... and what conditions would be present for a dealer to dig into the ECU to find out that Ive got a different tune...

Now, lets be clear, I realize I can go back to the GM tune anytime I want... but what I want to know from the field is... what's going to make a dealer get into the ECU if im only going in for oil changes... I think nothing.. unless some warranty work would need to be done... but what kind...

the Tune as I have read is pretty stable.. and I plan on only using the tune on top of the GM tune... no other mods... so I suspect that there shouldn't be too much of an issue with the car since the boost doesnt really change from the GM tune to the HP tune.. looks to be more of a mixing ratio and cam adjustments ...

other thoughts : is a second ECU worth the purchase?

I'd like to believe that there aren't tooo many conditions that would bring the dealer deep into my ECU for examination... then again, I'm not fully sure... so please, let me know what you think...

thanks ahead of time!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:23 PM

i would not bring the car to the dealership with a tune on. either get a second ecm and swap it out or if you have the access to hptuners switch back to gms1 before you go.

if you have the gms1 they probably wouldn't know the difference between it and anything else but i wouldn't chance it personally. hell just get your oil changes and stuff done somewhere else and that eliminates that worry altogether
Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 PM

if you flash it before you bring it in they can see that the ecu is still learning the parameters and I am sure they can dig further with the tech2 to see the writes