2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Just Getting Ready to Build!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Getting Ready to Build!

Got a couple questions here:

I joined this forum a year ago but I've been pretty low key since I knew I didn't have money for upgrades on my stock T/C. Now I have set aside some money for building up this Daily Driver Cobalt. I know some are going big with new turbos and HP parts up and down. I only have around $500 to start with and more after the tax refund we are all anticipating. I have read the build section but it hasn't been updated recently so I'm wondering where I should go 1st.

1st question is: This is a stock TC with 20k. Lately when I get on it I'm having some hesitation issues. Could it be a clutch? I'll probably take it in under warranty.

That leads me to the next question. How does the dealer handle cars with a tune? Does it void your warraunty? Is there an "untraceable tune?"

I have riden it pretty hard and even broke the shifter assembly once a month or so back if that adds any insight. Well it did get me a free ride in a Caddy STS for a week at GM's expense.

For a tune I'm looking at something like the Trifecta tune that allows you to go in and out of performance mode by touching the Traction Control button.

Must I install a CAI & Downpipe 1st? Are there any other bolt-ons I need?

And what are your experiences with this tune? Is there a better version offered for less $?

Anxious to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance for your insight!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure on your hesistation issue i would need more Info

Catless DP is one of the best mods for the money, i have the ZZP one and like it

K&N Sri is a great intake

I don't have a Trifecta tune i have a Terminator HPTuners tune

I would start with the Catless DP and K&N SRI and some kind of tune
Old 03-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Almost positive that clutches aren't included in the warranty.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:28 PM

Clutch Under Warranty?

Originally Posted by All In 360
Almost positive that clutches aren't included in the warranty.
Are you sure? It's a warranty that covers the full drivetrain.

*Later*

OK I found a thread that talks about the warranty and it doesn't indicate the clutch anywhere on there. I guess the clutch isn't part of the "powertrain."

I'll cut and paste it here:

Powertrain warranty and your turbo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, recently I noticed in a thread somebody stated that the turbocharger in our cars are NOT covered under the 5yr./100,000mi warranty, but I cant find the thread. This is incorrect, and I just wanted to correct it. I believe the person said it wasnt because "its not part of the sealed engine." According to GM both turbo and superchargers are covered under the Powertrain warranty:

What does the The Chevy 100,000-Mile Warranty include?
In general, the powertrain warranty covers the engine, transmission, transfer case and axle assemblies on light duty vehicles as indicated below:
Engine
Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount. Diesel engine coverage includes the timing belts until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

Transmission/Transaxle/Transfer Case
Case, all internal lubricated parts, torque converter, transfer case, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals, and gaskets.

Drive Systems
Final drive housing, all internal lubricated parts, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, axle housing, propeller shafts, universal joints, wheel bearings, locking hubs, front differential actuator, supports, front and rear hub bearings, seals and gaskets.
Just wanted to make sure nobody had bad info about their warranties. Of course this information is all easily accessible at chevrolet.com or your warranty panphlet.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the same boat with you, got 20k on my SS and about to start modding. I'm going for Kn intake and badmab DP, then i'll get the tune within the next couple of weeks.

PS wear and tear items usually are not under warranty, like the brakes.