2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

May have solved 100% E85 on LNF puzzle

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSlobalt
Is this the supply line to the HPFP that AGW is talking about? Is this the supply line from the tank pump? I'm trying to learn more about what you guys are talking about. Thanks.

I hate to quote pics, but too many posts between. That fitting is the discharge from the regulator into the HPFP, if it is the one, a restriction would indeed be a bottleneck. Matt at ZZP measured the inlet pressure to the regulator at the fitting just ahead of the regulator (almost hidden in your pic). It would not see a pressure drop there if the flow restriction is downstream of the pressure regulator.

Last edited by Iam Broke; 03-10-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just pumped 11.7 gallons of e85 from a station off the interstate. Gingerly drove it back to the shop to experiment. I really hate using maf calibration as a method to adjust for fuel density...growing hate for hpt...
Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM

subd
Old 03-10-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by army_greywolf
I just pumped 11.7 gallons of e85 from a station off the interstate. Gingerly drove it back to the shop to experiment. I really hate using maf calibration as a method to adjust for fuel density...growing hate for hpt...
Start with about a 30% MAF freq shift positive. Add 9* or so to your entire cranking spark table so it'll start if the temp drops on you. Run the timing up to 24* and have fun.

It'll fall on it's face around 4500 rpm and pop a CEL for low fuel pressure at the top of third. You are around 70 - 75% E now. Well into where I was having issues.

I'm betting Inj DC will go over 45% and 14 ms and it'll start popping corn. lol...

Last edited by Iam Broke; 03-10-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Iam Broke
I hate to quote pics, but too many posts between. That fitting is the discharge from the regulator into the HPFP, if it is the one, a restriction would indeed be a bottleneck. Matt at ZZP measured the inlet pressure to the regulator at the fitting just ahead of the regulator (almost hidden in your pic). It would not see a pressure drop there if the flow restriction is downstream of the pressure regulator.
Where is the regulator exactly? I don't think it probably looks like I think it's supposed to look. Thanks, broke. Sorry to keep bothering you.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:42 PM

Where is the regulator exactly? I don't think it probably looks like I think it's supposed to look. Thanks, broke. Sorry to keep bothering you.
No bother at all, the round silver can just to the left of your arrow. The regulator keeps a (fairly) constant pressure on the inlet of the HPFP.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If the issue was related to the in-tank pump or the lines running to the high pressure pump, then it would occur as a horsepower limitation. Since the problem happens at lower RPM and appears to be a torque limitation, it has to be related to the engine driven pump. This pump should be easier to fill at lower engine speed, yet that is where the problem takes place. That tells me that it is simply caused by the pump not being operated fast enough. However, Vince could be on to something with the ECMs control of the pump regulator duty cycle. If that is not maximized when the pressure drops, then there will be room for improvement.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor

No bother at all, the round silver can just to the left of your arrow. The regulator keeps a (fairly) constant pressure on the inlet of the HPFP.
That's not the regulator. That is just a small reserve to minimize the affect of pulses from the high pressure pump. Basically a surge tank. The regulator is built into the pump.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
That's not the regulator. That is just a small reserve to minimize the affect of pulses from the high pressure pump. Basically a surge tank. The regulator is built into the pump.
Thank you, I stand corrected. I thought it was a small diaphragm regulator.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor

Thank you, I stand corrected. I thought it was a small diaphragm regulator.
No problem. The regulation is all done electronically through the solenoid sticking out of the top of the pump.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Is this the supply line to the HPFP that AGW is talking about? Is this the supply line from the tank pump? I'm trying to learn more about what you guys are talking about. Thanks.

This engine bay is very familiar..lol... where did u get this picture?
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet08
This engine bay is very familiar..lol... where did u get this picture?
From ryan's post with his awesomely clean engine bay. I love the valve cover and overall look of it. I guess you Houston guys aren't so bad, afterall.

Originally Posted by Matt M
No problem. The regulation is all done electronically through the solenoid sticking out of the top of the pump.
Cool. I was wondering why there was a plug on a mechanical fuel pump. Thanks.

Last edited by SSlobalt; 03-10-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2011, 07:20 PM

just a thought again as i read intently, is this more of a pressure problem or a volume of fuel problem?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by army_greywolf

LOL , you don't even want to see the message I sent them... ( Yes I own HPT )

ME:

You know after seeing how much time you would have for the new CRUZE ECU I really am starting to think you are a fly by night take your money and run business..
I own and operate a car club and I'll be damned if I ever brag up your products ever again. Well just give it all to Vince because you guys just don't give a damn it seems.
If you care to read the whole thread Vince has created on css.net go for it. You might learn something.

HPT:

We are glad Vince is doing well in offering a mail order solution for those looking for this and wish you and your car club well.

Thanks,
HPT

Me:

Really B***?

Most of us would pay you for an update if thats what you need is more money .. In fact we would be glad to pay you for updates as long as they are worth it ...

This isn't about Vince doing well. This is about you not continuing support for the LNF as many of us bought this product with HPT telling us it would be continuously updated..

So in other words so I can clear this up for the community we shouldn't be expecting any further more support on the LNF?

I really hate rumors.......

HPT:

We already have the information, we just haven’t had the time or resources to add it yet.

Thanks,

HPT

I hate being lied to. What a crock of **** .. I am so disguisted with HPT they can go **** up a rope..

Got plenty of time for all the new hot ECU's but not the stuff you already sold..

I guess HPT got there money and thats all they give a **** about ..

Pretty sad really..... Go look at all the attention he throws at the new Cruze ECU and not a damn thing about the LNF..

I say if you have HPT everyone send Billy Boy an email...

He said by this spring .. Now it sounds like the next millennium ... If he could just admit not enough LNF controllers exist to continue adding support to them he would be a real man but he doesn't...

They aren't adding anything . If they add anything worth a **** by July I'll give the next person to post 50 dollars.

Last edited by PrincessTurbo; 03-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:13 PM

In for $50! Hey, just in case right?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Update

I was able to increase "regulator command" but it had no effect on the pressure drop which tells me we're either at a mechanical limitation, there's a restriction somewhere, or maybe my car has a weaker low pressure pump.

However, I did make some adjustments to my tune - I was running a pretty fat PE ratio for testing purposes, but I leaned out to .86 and then .88 lambda. I was able to run stock fuel rail pressure and do a full 3rd gear pull with no loss of fuel rail pressure and 100% E85.

BYT, IamBroke, Matt, I'm going to incorporate these changes into the layer and send you guys updates, I'd like to see what kind of results you're able to get. The injection timing stuff alone seems to have made a really big difference.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Vince keep rockin dude I want corn in my tank soo bad there's 3 e85 stations in every town where I live LOL
Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 PM

this be awsome, only if E85 was avalible where i live. id like my car to run on Mid or regular but still have its power. i know this is not possible that some people have mentioned to me.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 PM

Don't feel bad they don't support the most common diesels anymore wither lbz/lly/lb7 owners are out to dry these days
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM

I'm refering to a pressure regulator problem most likely but your right matt it would have a finite hp limit but still worth investigating
Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 PM

So if the fuel pressure is the problem y can't we try making a return style fuel system and add a walbro 255?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo
LOL , you don't even want to see the message I sent them... ( Yes I own HPT )

I hate being lied to. What a crock of **** .. I am so disguisted with HPT they can go **** up a rope..

Got plenty of time for all the new hot ECU's but not the stuff you already sold..

I guess HPT got there money and thats all they give a **** about ..

Pretty sad really..... Go look at all the attention he throws at the new Cruze ECU and not a damn thing about the LNF..

I say if you have HPT everyone send Billy Boy an email...

He said by this spring .. Now it sounds like the next millennium ... If he could just admit not enough LNF controllers exist to continue adding support to them he would be a real man but he doesn't...

They aren't adding anything . If they add anything worth a **** by July I'll give the next person to post 50 dollars.
I've talked to Tim from ZZP about possibly borrowing their Cruze ECU, at this time we don't have one of the pcm's to even look into it so not much attention can be going towards them.

If we had a pcm we could do something...but by no means are we directing all of our attention at a pcm we don't even have access to.

If you think I am lying to you I'm sorry you feel that way, I just relayed you what our head engineer told me in response to the email which I forwarded to him after your original email

I was trying to be nice as possible in my return email knowing our head engineer who has been busy working on our dodge software as of late, he's aware of the growing frustration from the LNF community and I'll keep on him until the tables that were requested are added, unfortunately I'm no engineer so besides giving him a purple nurple thats the extent of my pull.

And its Bill, no need to hide names I've been on this forum a long time
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Banned

BTW you left out a couple of lines from your email R*%$

This guy is practically begging you to get some data off him , Why not just buy it ?
Are you to good or something ?

You know after seeing how much time you would have for the new CRUZE ECU I really am starting to think you are a fly by night take your money and run business..
I own and operate a cobalt club and I'll be damned if I ever brag up your products ever again. Well just give it all to Vince because you guys just don't give a damn it seems.
If you care to read the whole thread Vince has created on css.net go for it. You might learn something.
Why is it you left those lines out? If you are going to post just post everything, but yeah I don't like being talked down to like I'm the local punching bag theres really no need for it.

We've been doing this for a while and god willing will be doing it a while longer but theres only so much we can do with the limited amount of good engineers that are out there.

I'm sure Vince would probably tell you he works 50+hrs a week and that even at that he's probably backed up with work...same here. We do the best we can with what we have.

Sorry Vince If I've in anyway hijacked your thread but we work our asses off over here so I feel there was a need to defend ourselves a bit.

-Bill
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 AM

Annnnnnnrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...................... .........the drama begins.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 AM

no drama. princessturbo was kinda rude in his e-mails and HPTuners just said they are going to try and develop more tables. now lets just see something get done...

Quick Reply: May have solved 100% E85 on LNF puzzle