2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

May have solved 100% E85 on LNF puzzle

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VinceTrifecta
Update

I was able to increase "regulator command" but it had no effect on the pressure drop which tells me we're either at a mechanical limitation, there's a restriction somewhere, or maybe my car has a weaker low pressure pump.

However, I did make some adjustments to my tune - I was running a pretty fat PE ratio for testing purposes, but I leaned out to .86 and then .88 lambda. I was able to run stock fuel rail pressure and do a full 3rd gear pull with no loss of fuel rail pressure and 100% E85.

BYT, IamBroke, Matt, I'm going to incorporate these changes into the layer and send you guys updates, I'd like to see what kind of results you're able to get. The injection timing stuff alone seems to have made a really big difference.
Looking forward to it, no rush though. It'll be about next Wed before I can go full E85, I just filled up yesterday 1:1. I'll be happy to run it under my current tune until then though. I've been running .883 PE Lambda for a year now, sometimes .891 - .898 on the E.

Last edited by Iam Broke; 03-11-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have half a tank of 1:1 in the car but that will easily disappear on my ride home and I can fill up with full E. Thanks, Ill be waiting for the email
Old 03-11-2011, 08:16 AM

I'm interested in running this new layer file as well
Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by FF_ace
I'm interested in running this new layer file as well
I will hate your car more now Nick
Old 03-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
We will see how this gets along with some new parts that we are working on.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by foff667
BTW you left out a couple of lines from your email R*%$

Why is it you left those lines out? If you are going to post just post everything, but yeah I don't like being talked down to like I'm the local punching bag theres really no need for it.

We've been doing this for a while and god willing will be doing it a while longer but theres only so much we can do with the limited amount of good engineers that are out there.

I'm sure Vince would probably tell you he works 50+hrs a week and that even at that he's probably backed up with work...same here. We do the best we can with what we have.

Sorry Vince If I've in anyway hijacked your thread but we work our asses off over here so I feel there was a need to defend ourselves a bit.

-Bill
No need to apologize, everybody is giving 110%. And you're right, I have enough work here for the rest of my life I think. ;-)
Old 03-11-2011, 11:56 AM

Matt what kinda parts?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by smthomas556
I will hate your car more now Nick
your going to hate it when i put the 5857 on
Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 PM

your going to hate it when i put the 5857 on
We should film a video and see if you pull ten cars on me
Old 03-11-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by smthomas556
We should film a video and see if you pull ten cars on me
Lol need to get the timing chain fixed first
Old 03-11-2011, 01:07 PM

Lol need to get the timing chain fixed first
still not fixeed
Old 03-11-2011, 01:09 PM

hey beast did u run that 12.5 with street tires or slicks?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by beast10007
still not fixeed
no sir decided to wait till i put the pte 5857 turbo in which should be very soon since all i need is a bov and oil lines. worked some OT at the fire dept 168 in the last 2 week should finish up the parts list my next day off
Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Update

I was able to increase "regulator command" but it had no effect on the pressure drop which tells me we're either at a mechanical limitation, there's a restriction somewhere, or maybe my car has a weaker low pressure pump.

However, I did make some adjustments to my tune - I was running a pretty fat PE ratio for testing purposes, but I leaned out to .86 and then .88 lambda. I was able to run stock fuel rail pressure and do a full 3rd gear pull with no loss of fuel rail pressure and 100% E85.

BYT, IamBroke, Matt, I'm going to incorporate these changes into the layer and send you guys updates, I'd like to see what kind of results you're able to get. The injection timing stuff alone seems to have made a really big difference.
Can I has 100% E85???
Old 03-12-2011, 01:08 PM
gmtech16450yz

Quote:
BTW you left out a couple of lines from your email R*%$

Why is it you left those lines out? If you are going to post just post everything, but yeah I don't like being talked down to like I'm the local punching bag theres really no need for it.

We've been doing this for a while and god willing will be doing it a while longer but theres only so much we can do with the limited amount of good engineers that are out there.

I'm sure Vince would probably tell you he works 50+hrs a week and that even at that he's probably backed up with work...same here. We do the best we can with what we have.

Sorry Vince If I've in anyway hijacked your thread but we work our asses off over here so I feel there was a need to defend ourselves a bit.

-Bill
No need to apologize, everybody is giving 110%. And you're right, I have enough work here for the rest of my life I think. ;-)

OK so 2 of the 3 major players in this game are on the same forum, even talking to each other, and can't work together towards the same goal? I don't understand this, I keep hearing all you guys are working your asses off because you have so much work (which I would think would mean income) why can't you hire more help or team up and work together? The basic business model here doesn't make sense to me. If you have more product (tunes, hardware or licenses) demand than you can deliver, than you have to figure out how to produce more product. You can't tell me there aren't any software engineers out there can do this stuff, where I live there are thousands of them all looking for work. Hell, I'm betting you can get people overseas to work on this stuff for a buck an hour if you wanted. Hmm, here's a thought, maybe somebody in GERMANY could work on this? (lol, I bet they'd know a little about these Bosch ECM's, but they wouldn't work for a buck an hour!)

The only other explanation is that there just isn't enough demand for this "product" to pay for enough support and development. If that's the case, which I suspect it is, then I actually applaud you guys for putting in the hours you are because I'm betting your hourly wage is well below what you'd be worth doing something else. That means you're doing it for the satisfaction of being a part of this community, and not to get rich. If that's the case, sorry I'm stirring this up. I want to thank all of you guys personally for giving us what we have on this whole tuning thing. I know all of you have put a lot of time and money into what you do and I for one appreciate what you all have done. I've worked on cars longer than most of these guys have been alive, and believe me, sometimes it gets a little old. The fact that you, and others out there too, have given us the power to control these systems has made working on cars fun again, for me at least. Think about it, I grew up having total control over how an engine ran, carb jetting, point gap, etc. There was a period of years when we, even as techs, had almost no control over how an engine ran. Getting that control back (for as long as it lasts that is until it all gets taken away again by the greeniacs and gov) is pretty damn cool.

Wow, drifting a little off subject am I? Sorry.

Here's the bottom line as I see it, which I know is really little to none of my business to give you guys advice. If there's money to be had out there by supporting some of these ECM's, and you don't have time to do it, hire some help. If you can figure out how to team up together and share knowledge I would think you could do it as a win-win if you think about it enough. Nobody has to give away years of development they've created, it should be worth something. But if someone else needs that development, and it's already been done, why wouldn't you try to buy it instead of doing it yourself?
If it is that there just isn't enough money in this to hire more help or buy someone else's work, then thanks again for all your efforts!

Thanks guys. Sorry for the long post. And sorry to pollute your thread Vince.

Last edited by MarcS; 03-12-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

OK so 2 of the 3 major players in this game are on the same forum, even talking to each other, and can't work together towards the same goal? I don't understand this, I keep hearing all you guys are working your asses off because you have so much work (which I would think would mean income) why can't you hire more help or team up and work together? The basic business model here doesn't make sense to me. If you have more product (tunes, hardware or licenses) demand than you can deliver, than you have to figure out how to produce more product. You can't tell me there aren't any software engineers out there can do this stuff, where I live there are thousands of them all looking for work. Hell, I'm betting you can get people overseas to work on this stuff for a buck an hour if you wanted. Hmm, here's a thought, maybe somebody in GERMANY could work on this? (lol, I bet they'd know a little about these Bosch ECM's, but they wouldn't work for a buck an hour!)
We hired 3 new engineers in the last two years, 2 do our calibration work, one is working on the software end of things and still want to hire a couple more HPTuners.com >> Performance At Your Fingertips the problem is finding more near our facility or willing to relocate there but I've said several times in the past that we are all ears.

When hiring outside of the industry it takes about 6 months of training just to get them up to speed not only on our system but what they are doing as this is like no other engineer job most will ever do.

The only other explanation is that there just isn't enough demand for this "product" to pay for enough support and development.
There are very few if any markets that command a full time engineer making $50-100k a year to work on 1 specific market if you or anyone here thinks the E69 LNF pcm is the only one vince works on you are fooling yourself.

I'll give you a for instance we offer support for the following vcm's
A40-head engineer
A40b-head engineer
E37-GM engineer 1
E38-GM engineer 1
E40-GM engineer 1
E55-Head engineer
E67-GM engineer 1
E69-head engineer
E77-head engineer
L4-GM engineer 1
L4big-GM engineer 1
97V6-GM engineer 1
98LS1-GM engineer 1
P01-GM engineer 1
P59-GM engineer 1
P04-GM engineer 1
P05-GM engineer 1
P10-Head engineer
P11-Head engineer
P12-Head engineer
T42-Head engineer
T43-Head engineer
NGC3(dodge)-Head engineer
NGC4(dodge)-Head engineer
JTEC(dodge)-Head engineer
Ford(1024k)-Ford engineer 1
Ford(1472k)-Ford engineer 1
Ford(2048k)-Ford engineer 1

Before you say we've taken on more than we can chew check out the supported list for both vince & the 3rd party to the market and their supported list is nearly as long as ours.

When doing reverse engineering you'll find most companies such as ours will release all the necessary tables to get a good tune, contrary to popular belief most tuners will only adjust between 30-60 tables anything above that is usually left more to the tuner that has an unlimited amount of time on their hands to try tweaking and adjusting every table such as GM which might get 1 or 2 full years to get a tune correct. We don't have this comfort to spend 1 or 2 years straight to reverse engineer every single table in a pcm.

Last edited by foff667; 03-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:33 PM

That's true. We offer Cruze turbo tuning, too! [donning flame suit]
Old 03-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Premium Member

That's true. We offer Cruze turbo tuning, too! [donning flame suit]
And every other GM product it seems.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Any update on how the E85 is coming along?

Last edited by MS3 2 SSTC; 03-12-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
We hired 3 new engineers in the last two years, 2 do our calibration work, one is working on the software end of things and still want to hire a couple more HPTuners.com >> Performance At Your Fingertips the problem is finding more near our facility or willing to relocate there but I've said several times in the past that we are all ears.

When hiring outside of the industry it takes about 6 months of training just to get them up to speed not only on our system but what they are doing as this is like no other engineer job most will ever do.
If I still lived in the Hanover Park area I would love to work there. Living in Chicago is just so expensive, I don't know if I would ever move back up there unless I was making at least 50% over what I make now, and I just don't see that happening.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:10 PM

byt should work for hptuners! haha
Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rnjmur
If I still lived in the Hanover Park area I would love to work there. Living in Chicago is just so expensive, I don't know if I would ever move back up there unless I was making at least 50% over what I make now, and I just don't see that happening.
Our facility is actually located in buffalo grove which is about an hour or so outside of chicago...there really aren't a whole heck of alot of places to live cheaply...I live in NJ(been working for HPT before we had a real facility) and its definitely tough then again I've got 3 kids so it wouldn't be easy in any state

Originally Posted by JustACobalt
byt should work for hptuners! haha
Tuning a car is much different than looking through the eyes of IDA but if he's got the background anyone is welcome

I did a good amount of tuning in my day but I don't think I could ever do what our engineers do.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by rnjmur
hahaha hanover park is right down the road from me. im in carol stream
Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
hahaha hanover park is right down the road from me. im in carol stream

so PLEASE start working for HPT full time/part time.......and lets get this thing rolling!

Maybe we can have the fuel pressure table and other tables open if you help out the other HPT engineers .............in a month or two?????
Old 03-12-2011, 09:57 PM

ecm's needs sdk kits =p

Quick Reply: May have solved 100% E85 on LNF puzzle