2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Need a new turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
******* put that **** to stock and find another dealer

regardless... its a seal, those go bad weather you are stock or heavily modded.... keep hunting

Last edited by Cefaln452; 01-13-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 PM

A seal on a turbo should last for a long time. I have 180,000 miles on the stock turbo on my diesel and there is no play in the shaft and the seals don't leak. The fact that he is modded shouldn't really have an effect on seals unless he is running high boost levels.

Red did you figure out what the problem was yet? You might be able to find a turbo rebuild kit for the KD04 somewhere. If you can find one it isn't too bad to do yourself.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:49 PM

I'm sorry, but nothing "bolt on" should void a major warranty. Until you crack your motor open, you should be good. **** that.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by sponge14
LOL. Rage more bro. Even without knowing about the tune, which the OP has not confirmed either way, from GM's point of view, voiding a warranty on the Turbo for having an intake and downpipe is more then justified. I too hate jackasses like yourself that just want to run around with a rod up their rectum crying victim every time GM does something they don't agree with. When I bought my car I had to sign another document that stated in no uncertain terms that any modifications to the car could invalidate my warranty. Not sure if that was just my dealership or if it was a GM thing, but they told me it was a GM thing. I signed it and didn't care because I know the Magnuson Moss Act will cover me if they try to void parts of the warranty unjustly. Get a clue before you try to start ****.
ur a *****. next time just shut ur mouth cause i was talking to the op not u, i really dont care for ur opinion cause u obviously have no respect for anyone. I know for a fact Gm has to prove that an intake caused the problem. and anyone who thinks an intake causes a turbo to blow a seal is a moron, unless something on the intake gives way and flys into it. And that was just ur stupid dealership cause i signed no such paper. And i spacifically asked my dealer if my boltons would void my warrenty, and they said no. So maybe YOU need to get a clue, and a better dealer.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by RyRidesMotox
A seal on a turbo should last for a long time. I have 180,000 miles on the stock turbo on my diesel and there is no play in the shaft and the seals don't leak. The fact that he is modded shouldn't really have an effect on seals unless he is running high boost levels.

Red did you figure out what the problem was yet? You might be able to find a turbo rebuild kit for the KD04 somewhere. If you can find one it isn't too bad to do yourself.
I tried that head gasket test and it stayed squeezable so Im guessing it has to be what the mechanic said. Im a newb to all this so I don't know what having a blown seal is like but my car only smokes in neutral at idle and it doesnt even do it all the time. Im probably going to buy a new or used one put that one on and get the one I have rebuilt and sell it.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:54 PM

It's Eaither turbo or blown engine happy hunting
Old 01-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
ur a *****. next time just shut ur mouth cause i was talking to the op not u, i really dont care for ur opinion cause u obviously have no respect for anyone. I know for a fact Gm has to prove that an intake caused the problem. and anyone who thinks an intake causes a turbo to blow a seal is a moron, unless something on the intake gives way and flys into it. And that was just ur stupid dealership cause i signed no such paper. And i spacifically asked my dealer if my boltons would void my warrenty, and they said no. So maybe YOU need to get a clue, and a better dealer.
Lol I can see you're a real intelligent one, get a life guy, not the E-thuggin one you're living now.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 PM

lol at the 312 posts calling out the 2,454 posts..

But I did like how you called him guy..
Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy
lol at the 312 posts calling out the 2,454 posts..

But I did like how you called him guy..
I was going to come up with a witty response, but then I saw you had 8,000 posts, so I didn't because obviously you're superior to me.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM

Well I've owned the car for 6 years, so I guess that happens.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Lol I can see you're a real intelligent one, get a life guy, not the E-thuggin one you're living now.
i must say i gotta give u props for makeing urself look like the good guy and the other person look like the *******, excellent manipulation skills.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM

good luck with finding a turbo OP
hopefully it doesnt cost you out the ass.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:57 PM

i must say i gotta give u props for makeing urself look like the good guy and the other person look like the *******, excellent manipulation skills.
Well seeing how you came back at me with, "read everything dumb ass didnt say since he has a tune, but since i have full bolt ons. God jackasses like u **** me off." It begs the question of who really was the ***** in here?

When you can put together an actual sentence in English without saying, "ur, urself, u, etc." then we can talk, until then, please stop interrupting while the big people are talking.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:06 PM

Not likely your turbo, as sad as that is to hear, the water jacket if it was leaking leaks into the INTAKE TRACT or directly into the oil, NOT the exhaust. Wangspeed I'm sure still has the link to that turbo cutaway image somewhere, but if you go look for it, you will see what I mean. It's almost certainly a head gasket problem or even at this stage a ringland, cracked sleeve, leaking sleeve...

Who tuned your car...what type of tune, what psi, (max airload) and do you know the top end timing. Did you beat the car, any reason to suspect the car may have run hot? Let me know, I might be able to help.

Take your plugs out, take some pictures of each, it's corresponding cylinder position and post them up for me, I'm off for some drinkin' at buffalo wild wings, I'll look when I get back.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 PM

Well seeing how you came back at me with, "read everything dumb ass didnt say since he has a tune, but since i have full bolt ons. God jackasses like u **** me off." It begs the question of who really was the ***** in here?

When you can put together an actual sentence in English without saying, "ur, urself, u, etc." then we can talk, until then, please stop interrupting while the big people are talking.
That is one hell of an ego you are sporting there sponge boy. Are you sure your not from Texas?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by army_greywolf
Not likely your turbo, as sad as that is to hear, the water jacket if it was leaking leaks into the INTAKE TRACT or directly into the oil, NOT the exhaust. Wangspeed I'm sure still has the link to that turbo cutaway image somewhere, but if you go look for it, you will see what I mean. It's almost certainly a head gasket problem or even at this stage a ringland, cracked sleeve, leaking sleeve...

Who tuned your car...what type of tune, what psi, (max airload) and do you know the top end timing. Did you beat the car, any reason to suspect the car may have run hot? Let me know, I might be able to help.

Take your plugs out, take some pictures of each, it's corresponding cylinder position and post them up for me, I'm off for some drinkin' at buffalo wild wings, I'll look when I get back.
this pic?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

so i cant tell u where u made ur mistake and the reason i said to the op the things i did? im not aloud to tell u, oh oops, i mean "you" u need to read a little closer? ur that full of urself? No, you are still the *****. And trying to put me down for using the short internet way of writing is pretty pathetic. always a last resort of ignorant people.

Hope ur done talkin now cause i sure am.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by xcross
That is one hell of an ego you are sporting there sponge boy. Are you sure your not from Texas?
From NY (18 years), live in OK (10 years) and work in Dallas (2 months) so take your pick.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:56 PM

so i cant tell u where u made ur mistake and the reason i said to the op the things i did? im not aloud to tell u, oh oops, i mean "you" u need to read a little closer? ur that full of urself? No, you are still the *****. And trying to put me down for using the short internet way of writing is pretty pathetic. always a last resort of ignorant people.

Hope ur done talkin now cause i sure am.
I couldn't care less if you put forth an intelligent post to show me where I was wrong, if I was wrong. Also, I'm not a *****, I'm an *******, big difference.

It's not pathetic to tell someone the way they write online makes them look like a half brained dimwit, and it's that ignorant, how bad does that make you?

I am also done, providing you have finished making yourself look stupid...

Just for clarification since you apparently are having such a hard time with this: Full bolt on's, with or without tune is and should be a valid reason to nullify the warranty of the turbo.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Premium Member

What tune were you running OP? How many PSI was it peaking at? GM will usually let you slide with anything cat- back , but when you mess with the emissions system they tend to use it against you . Right or wrong ..... I can't say , but looking at it from their point of view .... you created a more efficient air pump.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Trifecta Tune at 23-24 psi. I talked to the dealership today again and I have to take in the car on Monday so they can do a diagnosis of the car. I asked for a compression test so hopefully they tell me if its the turbo seal or not.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Red_SS/TC
Trifecta Tune at 23-24 psi. I talked to the dealership today again and I have to take in the car on Monday so they can do a diagnosis of the car. I asked for a compression test so hopefully they tell me if its the turbo seal or not.
You never said, but did they detect your tune? I assume they didn't by what you have said so far, but I just wanted to confirm.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 PM

Red did you take it back to stock yet? IF you can that might help a bit in the warranty process, if you can still go through warranty.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a GT2860RS for sale.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Red_SS/TC
Okay thanks ill try that tomorrow.

Would there be any symptoms that I would be able to notice from either a blown head gasket or a blown turbo seal?
I am curious to know what the true story will be here, not that this has happened to me by any means.. but from a diagnosis to troubleshooting method, to final answer, I hope we hear what really went wrong with the car... I'd sure wouldn't mind some GM rep or Tech who knows GM policy to weigh in on this in terms of the Warranty issue... does GM take issue with Bolt on's? or is it left to the individual dealerships to decide. obviously GM puts their own after market bolt on products out, so I would assume they would be covered by the nature of having the GM stamp on them. but say from a more scientific approach, say of a GM intake puts the same amounts of air into the system as say a Hahn, or Injen, or take your pic, seems to me its hard to argue that a bolt on would have caused this issue without something else contributing to it... treating the car too roughly, like say over RPM'ing it alot... or something like that... but it may not even come down to that, it could be just GM perference and they don't care about the science when it comes to warranties... kinda keeps me from doing too much too fast haha.. I just got the car.... but I'm eager to GMS1 it and hopefully down the line GM will come out with an Exhaust manifold or DP or even an intake... good luck with that I guess!

Quick Reply: Need a new turbo