2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Nostrum Energy LNF Big Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:47 PM

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by blu3_v1p3r
So then wpuld it be safe to safe to run full e-85 with the 6758 or 7163, these bigger injectors would be needed along with the fueling cam?
I will have this exact answer in a couple months but my plan is E70 on opels and lobe but as I said I'm a cheater and basically have a 5th too. I have some more info but am not sharing since to get the amount of E we had to run leaner whichbin ny opinion isn't the proper solution
Old 02-04-2016, 09:48 PM

So then wpuld it be safe to safe to run full e-85 with the 6758 or 7163, these bigger injectors would be needed along with the fueling cam?

and since these injectors "will be cheaper then stock" wouldn't it be cheaper to get these over the opel injectors?
There is no price point on these new injectors as far as I know
Old 02-04-2016, 09:48 PM

Received 168 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by KMO43
Yes. These injectors are not requured for anyone under 500hp in my opinion. I've heard of guys running full E with just the lobe I have not personally tuned anyone like this but on the R I recommend both injectors and lobe if wanting full E. I get my guys to run E47 it's my fav. Fuel upgrades go in this order first lobe then injectors and if you still need more a 5th. I'll have a lot of fueling data in the months to come as my guys start their tuning on their new builds!!
When I do decide to run E-85 I don't really wanna mess with the 5th injector set up. My goal is to eventually run one of the ZFRs, and E-85. I don't think I'd get bored at 450-500, which I think would be done pretty easy on the ZFR with E-85
Old 02-04-2016, 09:54 PM

When I do decide to run E-85 I don't really wanna mess with the 5th injector set up. My goal is to eventually run one of the ZFRs, and E-85. I don't think I'd get bored at 450-500, which I think would be done pretty easy on the ZFR with E-85
Well I will have all this info really soon so you will know exactly where you stand
Old 02-04-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
I learned all about fluid movement, but I use it for hydraulics, its completely different when you add in extra pumps and nozzles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli%27s_principle
Multiple nozzles certainly make it more difficult and add the flow out of the nozzle due to the high pressure it's not on off directly, its more of a sine wave.

I was addressing it solely from a nozzle size change. Bernoulli's is a good one to illustrate that. I always forget the individual theories (I go to referencing pressure flow curves the manufacture supplies vs trying to calc out my own)
Old 02-04-2016, 10:45 PM

Honestly you won't get a serious amount of additional timing (normally 0* extra) for running E-85 over E-47, now you might get some more cooling due to heats of vaporization and lower combustion temperature. I haven't had the chance to compare EGTs of E47 and E85, maybe one day I'll get a chance to and see if there is added benifet of straight E85 over E47.

I can say on E47 you can add a crap ton of timing in the mid range and I'm damn near the same mpg as I was on pump (and I'm even blending E85 and regular)
Old 02-04-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
Honestly you won't get a serious amount of additional timing (normally 0* extra) for running E-85 over E-47, now you might get some more cooling due to heats of vaporization and lower combustion temperature. I haven't had the chance to compare EGTs of E47 and E85, maybe one day I'll get a chance to and see if there is added benifet of straight E85 over E47.

I can say on E47 you can add a crap ton of timing in the mid range and I'm damn near the same mpg as I was on pump (and I'm even blending E85 and regular)
There is gonna be a point where running the higher % of E will get you more timing. I am not saying many people are going to see these benefits because the majority of people will be more than happy with a 450 wheel car. I will be looking into the limits of each fuel myself at a high power level because I can not buy E85 at the pump. I will be tuning on E30 to E47 and my dyno will prob be around E70 and as always I will share my info and do the best to help others out to hit their goals without spending more cash then is needed
Old 02-05-2016, 12:43 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Ok so I have 100% honest question for you guys. Can the stock injectors supply enough fuel to support full e-85 with the stock k04? If not will the opel injectors allow it? or should I just hope these injectors come out?
Yes it can. I'm on stock injectors with only a bigger fuel lobe and I can run full E85 on stock turbo.

You just need to bump up your fuel rail pressure a little bit. It will also take awhile to tune cause you have to bump it up slowly. I started having fuel pressure problems at 5600 rpm and i'm at a limit right now of 6500.

It takes awhile cause your tuner has to do some math with the injector constant and your fuel rail pressure.

If we could. Why not just make a better fuel rail, lines, and hpfp to handle higher PSI? using a 5th injector kinda takes out the point of DI with timing advance and uses alot of fuel.

Last edited by Sl0wbaltSS; 02-05-2016 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Added stuff.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sl0wbaltSS
Yes it can. I'm on stock injectors with only a bigger fuel lobe and I can run full E85 on stock turbo.

You just need to bump up your fuel rail pressure a little bit. It will also take awhile to tune cause you have to bump it up slowly. I started having fuel pressure problems at 5600 rpm and i'm at a limit right now of 6500.

It takes awhile cause your tuner has to do some math with the injector constant and your fuel rail pressure.

If we could. Why not just make a better fuel rail, lines, and hpfp to handle higher PSI? using a 5th injector kinda takes out the point of DI with timing advance and uses alot of fuel.

So much wrong here. Why do you have to slowly bump the fuel pressure? I have yet to see any proof from you that you can hold optimum fuel pressure with inly the lobe on stock turbo. I bet ur IDC are super high and you drop FP like crazy on spool. The only place where you will be ok actually will be in the higher revs when the HPFP is more efficient. And the math on the constant shouldn't take very long to do if you know what you are doing
Old 02-05-2016, 01:19 AM

So much wrong here. Why do you have to slowly bump the fuel pressure? I have yet to see any proof from you that you can hold optimum fuel pressure with inly the lobe on stock turbo. I bet ur IDC are super high and you drop FP like crazy on spool. The only place where you will be ok actually will be in the higher revs when the HPFP is more efficient. And the math on the constant shouldn't take very long to do if you know what you are doing
I never get any codes for fuel rail pressure. I only get them when I'm above 5500 and not at wot.

My fuel rail pressure always sits at 2400-2480 during wot. My injectors are at 98% usually.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:32 AM

I never get any codes for fuel rail pressure. I only get them when I'm above 5500 and not at wot.

My fuel rail pressure always sits at 2400-2480 during wot. My injectors are at 98% usually.
Oh god!! You wanna watch injector time and have it at max 8ms or around 30% i bet you I rum more rail pressure than you and have never had a code pop up. You wanna watch pressure on spool not top of the gear.

It is possible to run full E in your situation but I you'd have to run it leaner and have a huge boost ramp to keep IDC down. So having to do this would make it slower than an E47 tune
Old 02-05-2016, 01:51 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Oh god!! You wanna watch injector time and have it at max 8ms or around 30% i bet you I rum more rail pressure than you and have never had a code pop up. You wanna watch pressure on spool not top of the gear.

It is possible to run full E in your situation but I you'd have to run it leaner and have a huge boost ramp to keep IDC down. So having to do this would make it slower than an E47 tune
Leave the poor guy alone would u? He's notorious for blowing up motors and wrecking balts. Incase u don't know, he thinks it's a Honda motor with "because eco-tak just kicked in yo". I know u care a lot about balts but u can't save every single one of them. At least not the JDM version ones that can rev to 9k that's only made for special people. Idk y ur taking this ricer so seriously. He's not getting any codes so everything must be fine! That's the very definition of logic right there... (in the ricer handbook of JDM cars)
Old 02-05-2016, 01:52 AM

Yeah, i'm always near 6.5ms above 6k everyone once and awhile i'll get a misfire cause it goes over 7ms

Whats a safe Fuel rail pressure to bump it up higher to? 2500? 2600? I've heard it makes heat above 2800.

Also does having a higher fuel rail pressure with opels which [I might get soon] does anything to make more power? Less MS less time the fuel is in there and less time for knock = more timing advance? Did I do it right? Lol
Old 02-05-2016, 02:04 AM

Yeah, i'm always near 6.5ms above 6k everyone once and awhile i'll get a misfire cause it goes over 7ms

Whats a safe Fuel rail pressure to bump it up higher to? 2500? 2600? I've heard it makes heat above 2800.

Also does having a higher fuel rail pressure with opels which [I might get soon] does anything to make more power? Less MS less time the fuel is in there and less time for knock = more timing advance? Did I do it right? Lol
You keep on taking about furl at 6k which is not ur problem look at it on spool. Depending on the setup I'll run between 17 and 18 mpa. Well I'd need to see a log but if I am correct yes you'll make more power with the Opels. You wanna have the proper pressure for a DI car to make the most efficient power. Read the ZZP cam lobe article
Old 02-05-2016, 02:18 AM

You keep on taking about furl at 6k which is not ur problem look at it on spool. Depending on the setup I'll run between 17 and 18 mpa. Well I'd need to see a log but if I am correct yes you'll make more power with the Opels. You wanna have the proper pressure for a DI car to make the most efficient power. Read the ZZP cam lobe article
I don't have an aeroforce or an hpt box or a fancy scanner tool so i'll have to figure out some way to see it.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:53 AM

There is gonna be a point where running the higher % of E will get you more timing. I am not saying many people are going to see these benefits because the majority of people will be more than happy with a 450 wheel car. I will be looking into the limits of each fuel myself at a high power level because I can not buy E85 at the pump. I will be tuning on E30 to E47 and my dyno will prob be around E70 and as always I will share my info and do the best to help others out to hit their goals without spending more cash then is needed
But will is produce more power? I'd love to rent a dyno for a day and be able to look at mbt
Old 02-05-2016, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
But will is produce more power? I'd love to rent a dyno for a day and be able to look at mbt
On a big hp car i believe so. Look at Taylor he made 650hp on a 62lbs/min turbo. The more air you have the better fuel you require
Old 02-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Snail_SS
I meant like for you getting them since they are cheaper than stock(talking about opels)
Oh lol well they are. Lol can get opels, which come with rail, for cheaper than 4 stock injectors
Old 02-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
I don't have an aeroforce or an hpt box or a fancy scanner tool so i'll have to figure out some way to see it.
So you have no way to monitor your own ****, but you argue with a guru?
I see...
The following 2 users liked this post by blueLNFftw:
ae_xiong (02-06-2016), KMO43 (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

There's more in ur car Tom. And also you and I are cheaters because we both have meth which is basically a 5th injector and a big one at that.
I know there is more, I just don't need wanna spend the money to get it. Maybe eventually but not any time soon. Yes we are cheaters lol is there many others running meth?

My tune literally scares the crap out of me right now, I gotta tweak it, as soon as it it like 5k rpm and it goes to full boost and 17 timing my car wants to torque steer me all over the road and murder me. The peak power hits to quickly all at once. Like a fricken nos hit lol. I'm gonna smooth that out some more. Fricken car lol
Old 02-05-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
I know there is more, I just don't need wanna spend the money to get it. Maybe eventually but not any time soon. Yes we are cheaters lol is there many others running meth?

My tune literally scares the crap out of me right now, I gotta tweak it, as soon as it it like 5k rpm and it goes to full boost and 17 timing my car wants to torque steer me all over the road and murder me. The peak power hits to quickly all at once. Like a fricken nos hit lol. I'm gonna smooth that out some more. Fricken car lol
No not too many running meth usually its 91 **** or e47 my meth will basically be the same as having a 80lbs 5th

Originally Posted by ae_xiong
Leave the poor guy alone would u? He's notorious for blowing up motors and wrecking balts. Incase u don't know, he thinks it's a Honda motor with "because eco-tak just kicked in yo". I know u care a lot about balts but u can't save every single one of them. At least not the JDM version ones that can rev to 9k that's only made for special people. Idk y ur taking this ricer so seriously. He's not getting any codes so everything must be fine! That's the very definition of logic right there... (in the ricer handbook of JDM cars)
Oh I know but I answered questions that others can hopefully help others out
Old 02-06-2016, 07:58 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by tomj77
I know there is more, I just don't need wanna spend the money to get it. Maybe eventually but not any time soon. Yes we are cheaters lol is there many others running meth? My tune literally scares the crap out of me right now, I gotta tweak it, as soon as it it like 5k rpm and it goes to full boost and 17 timing my car wants to torque steer me all over the road and murder me. The peak power hits to quickly all at once. Like a fricken nos hit lol. I'm gonna smooth that out some more. Fricken car lol
Do you have Powell cabs or his trans mounts? Makes a big difference.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

No not too many running meth usually its 91 **** or e47 my meth will basically be the same as having a 80lbs 5th

Oh I know but I answered questions that others can hopefully help others out
I'm running 91 ****. lol but that's why I run meth. but u know that
Old 02-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Do you have Powell cabs or his trans mounts? Makes a big difference.
I just have the trans mounts. it literally didn't do this until I uped the timing and adjusted some stuff. I guess the winter tires don't help either, or winter for that matter, I do spine till 160 at full boost so I guess that's why. lol
Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Spin till 160? Sounds wicked.

Quick Reply: Nostrum Energy LNF Big Injectors