2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

warranty work building up......

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my quick 2 cents for issues

supercharger replaced 2 times
supercharger gears replaced
tried to get a click fixed 3 times on the 3rd time finally found out it was the axles
sunroof
shifter knob
radio
sat radio
interior trim
clutch petal
rear passanger seat belt
power steering
aftercooler (took it to them several times because of lost coolant and they said it wasnt broken then one day i lost all my coolant and they believed me)
blown flex pipe
clogged cat
(the above i took it to a dealer and they told me nothing was wrong with it, took it to another and thay told me what it was)
thermostat
Leak in sunroof they cant reproduce.......
Cruise control stopped working
plastic for the sunroof part
Internal fans for the AC make a whine sound.....

Most of these happened before the 35k mark on a 2006 ss/sc cobalt I bought brand new. I would take it to the dealer and they wouldnt find the problem because it was un-reproduce able. I would have to show them myself..... GM extended the warranty on the car. I still have issues that they have not resolved.

Knocking from the engine during the first 10-15 mins of the start of the car even if its warm..... They say its normal....

it sucks because GM states they make quality cars but they skipped so much stuff on this car its not even funny..... last GM car I probably will own....

Last edited by rickyw; 01-20-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-20-2010, 09:14 PM

^ That's epic. Sorry about your luck.

That's why, if GM doesnt start building quality again, after I'm done paying off this car...................I'M NEVER BUYING FROM GM AGAIN!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:31 PM

yup, last GM car i will ever buy. really dislike my cobalt, the fact that i don't own it (because of the loan)
, feels really cheap, and not TOO reliable. not a bad car, but not all that great. squeaks here and there, but its fun to drive. its kinda like a love hate relationship.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:38 PM

Has anyone had to replace there lower front rocker arm bushing? I've had to have mine replaced twice within the last year and a half.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 PM

Yeah I can name some right now.

07 Cobalt SS/SC 11000
Engine started sounding like a clunker (engine replaced)
Power steering went out
Oil leak after I traded my car
Stupid clunker noise sounded like its coming back again, probably the timing tensioner.

09 Cobalt SS/TC 2200
both handles inside were pealing
kick panel broke on passenger side
rotors started to make squeeling noise during the winter, but end up using Eagle 1 Wheel Cleaner seems to gone away.

Those have been my problems so far, but sounds minimum problems I had compare to the 03 Dodge Neon SRT-4 (major problems) that was a lemon.

Last edited by efactor; 01-20-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
had my sstc for 2000km, replaced engine due to porous block
sunroof wasnt closing flush, got it fixed
rattle like crazy passenger side apiller, found out it was a missing piece of foam missing under where fender connects to apiller on outside, forgot to replace it when doing fix for hitting deer.
had a bunch of rattles from the back seat area, friend was sitting back there and pushed against trim on both sides, it all poped into place, no more rattles at all now.
loose bolt that almost fell out on altanator (forgot to tighten it when motor was replaces, caught it before it fell out.)
valve cover gasket blew due to gm not torqueing bolts properly, fixed now is fine.
all i got now is some engine knock at light acceleration. trying to decide what to do about it, get dealer to reflash it to stock, so ill loose my select a tune, or go gm stage 1 and see what that does.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 PM

Man some of you guys are really having it rough. I ve had mine for 8 months now:

Wiring harness for driver side door lock wasnt connected from factory
Rear brakes
Vent tube on battery falling apart
Paint was knicked in the drivers top door jamb like some idiot closed something in the door either at the factory or dealership
Charge pipe exploding lol
Old 01-20-2010, 11:07 PM

ac drips water on my pass floor
sunroof buton repalced 3 tmes
front end knock, "fixed 3 times" knocked each time 10 miles after fix
u can hear the fan blower loud when on low
when u hit circulate, my ac pumps, and blows cold cold air,
vents accumulate water
my key only fits ignition, so if my unlocker dies, im fucked
belw flexpipe out on cat
revs surge when at idle

ya this wil be the last NEW gm ill get, unless its a zr1

and they wander y toyota and honda outsell them
Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 PM

YOu guys are having some bad luck *knock on wood* I havent had too many problems with mine, interior trim, cam end plate leaking oil (fixed myself in 45 min all three spots) rear brakes and i broke my shifter cable.

Here is my take on it I LOVE this car i bought it knowing i would have minor problems. Would i buy anouther GM car? Ill be doing alot more research on it and ill be alot more iffy about it.

The thing is with my SS/TC im WILLING to put up with these minor problems. This thing is a beast. If it were a slow cruiser just to get me from point A to point B i wouldnt put up with the **** for a second. Not worth the hassle. But what this car is delivering performance wise, im willing to deal with for a good wile.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 PM

I have not had a single problem yet and I have over 5,000 miles now on my 09 tc sedan!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:27 AM

I have hardly any issues with the motor yet, been running like a dream. The TMAP sensors from Bosch for my GMS1 have been holding up for almost a month. I heard about the Bosch TMAP sensors having issues, but I been on the lucky one's so far.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:59 PM

I've had mine in for:
-broken shifter linkage. [backed out of a parking space] - fixed but told by shop foreman "Its going to break again"
-rear brakes and rotors grinding @ 6k miles [2x] -never fixed under warranty and now the issue is back at 25k
-charge piping came off [recall]
-leaking in evap 2x [replaced gas cap first time and then the entire system as a solenoid was stuck open]
-rear o2 sensor replaced
-flashing check engine light during shifts and engine reduced power mode

Now it has a weird dip in idle during cold start and hesistation during mild acceleration.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My car:
800 miles my Front rotor warped badly. 1500 miles Cam sensor was leaking oil. HPFP was leaking oil around the gasket( fixed both myself after the dealer tired once and failed). Sunroof leaks air badly sometimes still even after being replaced once (they stripped the screws on it as well). Rear Rotors and pads were replaced at 5K miles (SAAB pads seems to be softer on the rotors now). P2237 at 15K miles which means My wideband O2 sensor is dead. Voltage is frozen at 0 mV and LTFT and STFT of course no longer work and are frozen at 0. No WOT for me until it gets fixed because the A/F is frozen at 1.00 Lambda.