2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Whp numbers for gm lnf stage kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whp numbers for gm lnf stage kit

1. anyone have any dyno results for gm lnf stage kit? whp and wtrq?

2. are there any HP tuners in NJ that i can go to?
-do i need to buy any software before going there or do i just show up with my car?
-how much for total price for hp tuners and what kind of numbers with just a muff.
delete?

3. i know CED sells gm kit for about 5 bills, how much will chevy charge to put it in? and which dealers in central nj do it? thanx to anyone that can answer these questions....
Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cresintern
1. anyone have any dyno results for gm lnf stage kit? whp and wtrq?

2. are there any HP tuners in NJ that i can go to?
-do i need to buy any software before going there or do i just show up with my car?
-how much for total price for hp tuners and what kind of numbers with just a muff.
delete?

3. i know CED sells gm kit for about 5 bills, how much will chevy charge to put it in? and which dealers in central nj do it? thanx to anyone that can answer these questions....
Jpizzle got 277 whp and 300 wrtq with the stage kit on a very stingy dyno. Another member on here got approx 288 whp and 325 wrtq with a Dejon intake and the stage tune. Backyard Turbo is very near you. He could tune your car for you. He has all the software. You just have to show up. Should Make close to 400 wrtq with a tune on top of the stage kit. IIRC Chevy charges about $200 to install the kit and the tune.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:29 PM

Term about how much for hp tune without the gm stage becaue I would be going for either one or the other, not both. I'm assuming price would include both street and dyno for hp tune. And what are some realistic wheel numbers for hp tune with only my muff delete? You also mentioned backyard turbo in nj what kind of dyno do they use if they even have one. Maybe for hp tune you just need a street tune?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by cresintern
Term about how much for hp tune without the gm stage becaue I would be going for either one or the other, not both. I'm assuming price would include both street and dyno for hp tune. And what are some realistic wheel numbers for hp tune with only my muff delete? You also mentioned backyard turbo in nj what kind of dyno do they use if they even have one. Maybe for hp tune you just need a street tune?
PM Backyard Turbo. I do not know how much he charges but I assume way less than what the stage kit costs. He lives near NJ in PA. The gains will be higher with his tune than with the stage kit.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:06 PM

Term, have you switched sensors to the stage ones?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:08 PM

Hey terminator you have any videos of you racing or running down the track or is your **** just all talk.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spins All Day
Hey terminator you have any videos of you racing or running down the track or is your **** just all talk.
Well, I do not street race so no videos of that. I have data logs and dyno sheets to back up my claims.

Originally Posted by damien
Term, have you switched sensors to the stage ones?
Nope still on the stock sensors and OS.

Last edited by Terminator2; 12-27-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-27-2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
Well, I do not street race so no videos of that. I have data logs and dyno sheets to back up my claims.
A dyno sheet really doesn't mean **** to be honest man. Its just a tuning tool. A dyno in Florida can read completely different than a Dyno in AZ. **** a Dyno in Tampa can read different than a dyno in Miami.

How do we know you are not dynoing on a VERY forgiving dyno.

I bet if you brought your **** down to where I am you wouldnt make over 335 WHP.

For example, most bolt on GTO's with intake full exhaust and a dyno tune (M6) make around 365-375.

Yet my car only made 349 WHP on my dyno.

Most of these cobalts I see with my mods are making 320-330 WHP yet I made 295 WHP.

Sure If everyone is dynoing on the same dyno then yea the numbers mean something, But if you are the only car to dyno on that dyno on this site then what do those numbers mean????

Absolutely nothing.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dynoed 277whp, and 301wtq with the LNF Upgrade Kit.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:28 AM

I dynoed about the same as Jpizzle. I made a post a while back with the dyno sheet....the link is in my signature
Old 12-28-2009, 06:38 AM

A dyno sheet really doesn't mean **** to be honest man. Its just a tuning tool. A dyno in Florida can read completely different than a Dyno in AZ. **** a Dyno in Tampa can read different than a dyno in Miami.

I bet if you brought your **** down to where I am you wouldnt make over 335 WHP.

For example, most bolt on GTO's with intake full exhaust and a dyno tune (M6) make around 365-375.

Most of these cobalts I see with my mods are making 320-330 WHP yet I made 295 WHP.

Sure If everyone is dynoing on the same dyno then yea the numbers mean something, But if you are the only car to dyno on that dyno on this site then what do those numbers mean????

Absolutely nothing.
This site is full of hypocrites...Term and Blueberry (and a few others) used to be VERY hush hush about what their cars had dynoed and what they had run at the track...then everyone was calling them out like crazy...so they released some numbers and sheets...and now that their numbers are out there...people are blaming the dyno they ran on and the weather conditions etc etc...Go tune yourselves people if you think it's that easy and that you trust yourself enough (There's a reason I don't tune myself) and Term...if I was willing travel to where you are...I'd have you tune the **** out of my car.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:51 AM

Absolutely nothing.
I know I dyno is a tuning tool. I also know I made 253 whp 247 wrtq stock on the same dyno and the same correction factor. Still big gains no matter how you slice them. The last car I tuned with 3 people in the car took 10 seconds to do a 60-100 pull with the stock tune. The one I tested before that took 8.8 seconds with the stock tune and 2 people in the car. There are differences among cars like that. Some are faster than others. The car that took 10 seconds from 60-100 was down to 6 seconds flat consistantly with 3 people in the car and the car that took 8.8 seconds was down to 5.5 seconds consistantly. Average gains are 3.5-4.0 seconds off the stock tune's 60-100 time from just tuning. Those are real world gains not dyno gains. My car runs 4.3-4.5 seconds from 60-100 consistantly with full boltons my tune and a MBC so I can see 24 psi and 36 lbs/min.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by copson20
Why spend money on sensors. When you dont need them with Vince's tune. He tunes the stock sensors as the stage kit.

all the sensors are allow you to read more boost
Because tricking the ECM to think it seeing 238 kPa when it is really seeing up to 300 kPa is not a good idea IMHO. This thread is about the stage kit vs a HP Tune nowhere does it say Trifecta tune! You Trifecta guys do not hesitate to try to bite my head off if I post my opinions in threads are about Trifecta tunes vs some other tune so why should you be allowed to post that in here? What you posted was relevent to topic of this thread.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
I know I dyno is a tuning tool. I also know I made 253 whp 247 wrtq stock on the same dyno and the same correction factor. Still big gains no matter how you slice them. The last car I tuned with 3 people in the car took 10 seconds to do a 60-100 pull with the stock tune. The one I tested before that took 8.8 seconds with the stock tune and 2 people in the car. There are differences among cars like that. Some are faster than others. The car that took 10 seconds from 60-100 was down to 6 seconds flat consistantly with 3 people in the car and the car that took 8.8 seconds was down to 5.5 seconds consistantly. Average gains are 3.5-4.0 seconds off the stock tune's 60-100 time from just tuning. Those are real world gains not dyno gains. My car runs 4.3-4.5 seconds from 60-100 consistantly with full boltons my tune and a MBC so I can see 24 psi and 36 lbs/min.
253 WHP stock I would say its safe to say that dyno is pretty forgiving. My Cobalt made 235 WHP stock.

See what I mean.

There is already an 18WHP variance, and these are on stock cars. Imagine when you make more power, the variance just grows.

Like I said man your 360WHP car in "Florida" wouldn't make 330WHP down here.

Therefore I would have to say your numbers are VERY forgiving.

If you were truly making 360 WHP you would be trapping like 117-118.

I am sure your car is fast, But 117-118 is 430WHP GTO territory.

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
This site is full of hypocrites...Term and Blueberry (and a few others) used to be VERY hush hush about what their cars had dynoed and what they had run at the track...then everyone was calling them out like crazy...so they released some numbers and sheets...and now that their numbers are out there...people are blaming the dyno they ran on and the weather conditions etc etc...Go tune yourselves people if you think it's that easy and that you trust yourself enough (There's a reason I don't tune myself) and Term...if I was willing travel to where you are...I'd have you tune the **** out of my car.

I have someone who tunes LSX's tune my Cobalt on a dyno.

Last edited by Spins All Day; 12-28-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM

253 WHP stock I would say its safe to say that dyno is pretty forgiving. My Cobalt made 235 WHP stock.

See what I mean.

There is already an 18WHP variance, and these are on stock cars. Imagine when you make more power, the variance just grows.

Like I said man your 360WHP car in "Florida" wouldn't make 330WHP down here.

Therefore I would have to say your numbers are VERY forgiving.

If you were truly making 360 WHP you would be trapping like 117-118.

I am sure your car is fast, But 117-118 is 430WHP GTO territory.
I have someone who tunes LSX's tune my Cobalt on a dyno. I am pretty sure my tune is just as good if not better than any guy with a laptop sitting in your car.
That tuner better know what A/F to be using in your car or he may be costing you 20-30 whp is all I will say. A/F is critical on this motor.
253 whp 247 wrtq STD. corrected or 243 whp 236 wtrq SAE corrected is not that high stock. Put 4 different LNF Cobalts on that dyno you use and there will be up to 10% HP difference between them sometimes. Some will make closer to 245-250 whp some will make 230 whp. Are you on 91 octane? Because that in itself makes a pretty big difference even with the stock tune. It is funny you mentioned trapping 117 mph. I guarantee my car would trap that with a better drag racer than myself driving. Like I have said before I do not race my car. It is my DD and I like the huge power rush when I pass people and such. Make no mistake my dad owns an 04 Viper SRT-10 and I have driven it several times and I am not impressed really. It is not much faster than my car. You can believe that or not most people do not, but how many of them have actually driven an SRT-10 Viper (the 500 hp one)? It s fine if you do not believe me I will not loose sleep about it. I know what my car is capable of. I love being 800lbs lighter than my old 05 LS2 GTO. This car makes more torque at the wheels too.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
This site is full of hypocrites....
troof
Old 12-28-2009, 01:15 PM

this post is not helping the thread, but. May i ask why you care so much what terms numbers are? who cares, go on with life and stop bitching on the internet
Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 PM

ohhhhhh shitt!!!!!!!

this guy has a bigger E-***** than terminator does!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our **** is all talk. Go tune yourself.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
ohhhhhh shitt!!!!!!!

this guy has a bigger E-***** than terminator does!
No one has a bigger E-***** than me........ ......... J/K.......
Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 PM

gm stage kit is sad. only get it for the beefier sensors. **** the tune itself. if i wanted my 98 year old neighbor to tune me like her buick lasabre id ask her.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by pnshmntMMA
gm stage kit is sad. only get it for the beefier sensors. **** the tune itself. if i wanted my 98 year old neighbor to tune me like her buick lasabre id ask her.
This tune is perfect for my DD. I can break loose in the first 3 gears....I really dont need anymore. I want to be able to drive this thing in the snow/rain without worrying about losing traction.

Not everybody is looking to make as much power as they possible can...people have different plans for their cars. Like I said, for me its plenty of power for what I need, and the fact that I keep my warranty is great because now I can dump money into the vette without having to worry about blowing up my DD because I went with some extreme tune and pushed it too hard

Im just getting annoyed with people saying the tune is crap, because its not. Have you even driven a Stg 1 car?? A lot of time went into this tune (we all know, we had to wait) by the same guys that designed our cars, so how can you say its crappy tune???? It doesnt make as much power as the aftermarkets, thats obvious. However, it still makes a big increase over stock, has a great power curve, and pulls REAL hard for a tune thats covered under a 5yr/100k warranty.... I mean seriously?....I picked up over 40hp and 70tq to the wheels....that makes a hell of a noticable difference..

So rather than knock it, how about "To each their OWN!"

Last edited by 80vetteL82; 12-28-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 PM

and to anyone who is saying term doesn't know how to tune and is lying about his numbers, go log your 60-100 times. i'll bet it's nowhere near 4.3-4.5 seconds. probably closer to 6, or more.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 PM

lol i love how all this thread is an argument about whp, whos tune is better, and what numbers.
its a ******* cobalt.
i know it can be a somewhat fast car and all...but 300 whp range...whichever way you slice is is no where close to being a monster. so whether someone makes 320, or 360 shouldn't make a difference.
if you want huge power buy a real race car, not a gm economy car thats been souped up a bit.
don't get me wrong, i love my car.
but this isn't about seeing whos cobalt is best, its a community of people that love their cars so instead of arguing about all this **** just get over it and grow up.
you don't have to prove your e-dick is bigger than anyone elses.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by interviewatruins
lol i love how all this thread is an argument about whp, whos tune is better, and what numbers.
its a ******* cobalt.
i know it can be a somewhat fast car and all...but 300 whp range...whichever way you slice is is no where close to being a monster. so whether someone makes 320, or 360 shouldn't make a difference.
if you want huge power buy a real race car, not a gm economy car thats been souped up a bit.
don't get me wrong, i love my car.
but this isn't about seeing whos cobalt is best, its a community of people that love their cars so instead of arguing about all this **** just get over it and grow up.
you don't have to prove your e-dick is bigger than anyone elses.
economy car my ass..... we spent f#@!$%^& 25 grand for this car. a versa is an economy car, its not just a cobalt, i drove an LS and that is just a cobalt. and everyone here has different ideas about what is the best a/f ratio for a tuned DI LNF, and even what the factory a/f's are!!!

Oh btw, gms1 says peak trq is at 4300 rpms, up from 2000 rpms with stock, so is this some trq lag goin on with stage 1, does trifecta and hp tuners hit lower with trq?

Last edited by cresintern; 12-28-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Whp numbers for gm lnf stage kit