2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZ performance pcm reflash

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZZ performance pcm reflash

So i hear alot of talk about hahn canned tunes and superchips. Does no one have zz performances reflash? it is 700 bucks cheaper then the hahn tuner, but it looks like all the same stuff. 22-24 psi, raised rev, broadened torque curve.

And what is the torque abuse mode it talks about? is that the thing that they talk about with the gm stg 1 removing the " learn down" ?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont deal with ZZP or hahn tunes

heres your choices really
Vince(if u want to)
Area 47
06black
pykosteve
sean
terminator2

They all talked at one point bout tunes. now its ur turn to do research and find out whos a good tuner.

stay away from the hahn tune. zzp tune. and superchips

not worth it. even the gm stage kit reflash might need some tweaking.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by reign1

Vince(if u want to)
Area 47
06black
pykosteve
sean
terminator2

They all talked at one point bout tunes. now its ur turn to do research and find out whos a good tuner.

Could you explain your answer or is it just your prefrence? ZZP, Hahn and Siperchips have been around for a long time and also have a good background.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by tlake84
Could you explain your answer or is it just your prefrence? ZZP, Hahn and Siperchips have been around for a long time and also have a good background.
Simply because its canned. You cant really tweak it for your car and surroundings.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:29 PM
GRABBER BLUE MUSTANG GT

click.........
Old 08-14-2009, 06:37 PM

I understand that canned tunes will never be as good as dyno tunes ( if u have a good tuner). But I live in tenn and its going to be hard for me to find someone to come tune my car. but i do have a local bigger name shop that the owner just got back from the hptuners day school and said he wanted a shot at working with it. pretty much going to do it for free. But from what ive heard its not just leaning the rpms out... and some people have gotten their cars tuned and really only gained like 10 hp from it.

And like it was said... hahn has been around awhile, and i have never heard anything bad about zzperformance
Old 08-14-2009, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik7
I understand that canned tunes will never be as good as dyno tunes ( if u have a good tuner). But I live in tenn and its going to be hard for me to find someone to come tune my car. but i do have a local bigger name shop that the owner just got back from the hptuners day school and said he wanted a shot at working with it. pretty much going to do it for free. But from what ive heard its not just leaning the rpms out... and some people have gotten their cars tuned and really only gained like 10 hp from it.

And like it was said... hahn has been around awhile, and i have never heard anything bad about zzperformance
I dont know about ZZP, it does look like a good deal. But...if you do want customized, you could always do trifecta. Its the blend between those that want a custom tune, but dont have a local tuner available.

Let me clarify that I am not trying to turn you away from hahn or zzp, because both are reputable companies, who do great work.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ZZP's tune in is the highest HP and fastest LNF with a stock turbo and I think the highest HP LNF period. IIRC Matt's LNF running a ZZP tune is 1 second faster than the next fastest LNF. It's pretty hard to beat every other LNF on the forums by that much running a tune that isn't amazing. Something to think about...
Old 08-15-2009, 12:51 PM

Vince(if u want to)
Area 47
06black
pykosteve
sean
terminator2

You are stupid zzp is one of the best vendors on here smart ass. There is nothing wrong with hahn or zzp tunes.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Zooomer
ZZP's tune in is the highest HP and fastest LNF with a stock turbo and I think the highest HP LNF period. IIRC Matt's LNF running a ZZP tune is 1 second faster than the next fastest LNF. It's pretty hard to beat every other LNF on the forums by that much running a tune that isn't amazing. Something to think about...
Ported head added almost 40 whp 40 wtrq to the car. The tune on its own will not make those numbers. 1.7 sixty foot time and slicks helps. I have a tune that traps 116mph plus on the stock head with full boltons.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
Ported head added almost 40 whp 40 wtrq to the car. The tune on its own will not make those numbers. 1.7 sixty foot time and slicks helps. I have a tune that traps 116mph plus on the stock head with full boltons.
Do you have a time slip? I dont see your name on the 1/4 mile list.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
Do you have a time slip? I dont see your name on the 1/4 mile list.
No, my name is not on the list I dunno where the list is LOL.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:08 PM

so where can i get my head ported?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by oopsitouchedmyself
so where can i get my head ported?
ZZP will do it but you have to retune for it.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Terminator2
Point taken but w/o that 40HP, the car would still be the fastest by quite a bit.

Furthermore, no one else has been able to successfully tune a car with a ported head or port one correctly so your logic is strange. I was pointing out that ZZP is just as capable of doing a tune as anyone else, arguable better than some. you point out that our car has custom tuning and mods other people don't and can't do as evidence against my statement? If anything it drives the point home even more.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sure there are people that are good and tuning . but there has to be a balance. some people want the best tune without there car blowing up.
thats the good thing about places like ZZP,Hahn and so on. The have to keep customer's coming back so there tunes my be on the Conservative side. they have to account for weather and conditicons all across the nation. A really aggressive tune down south would not far as well up north. a car tuned lean were its hot will be supper lean were its cold (just a layman's example so dont jump on me.)

and zzps pcms are not locked so you can tune if you wish.
I'v never been a fan of trying to squezz the most out of the car with tunig(at lest on a DD , just seems unsafe to me. like here in fl were its 80 one day 20 the next.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
You are stupid zzp is one of the best vendors on here smart ass. There is nothing wrong with hahn or zzp tunes.
thats ur own preference dude.

and like term said. the ported head is what is helping with those numbers.

and theres been a lot or problems with hahn and zzp products in the past. hahn intakes going crazy. intercoolers blowing welds. tunes throwing codes. DP's not working correctly. Exhaust leaks. there are factors here ur not seeing you one tracked minded *******. not ******* on the vendors at all. just my personal pereference. people come on this website asking opinions.

so you can calm the **** down.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
IIRC, we picked up close to 35whp at the same boost level when we installed our ported head. However, that doesn't tell the whole story. While running a stock turbo, the gains can only go so far. Basically, what happens is the amount of boost you can run ends up decreasing somewhat, so the potential for power gains is not what you'd expect. On the other hand, now that we are ready to bolt on a bigger turbo, you guys are going to see some cool stuff.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
IIRC, we picked up close to 35whp at the same boost level when we installed our ported head. However, that doesn't tell the whole story. While running a stock turbo, the gains can only go so far. Basically, what happens is the amount of boost you can run ends up decreasing somewhat, so the potential for power gains is not what you'd expect. On the other hand, now that we are ready to bolt on a bigger turbo, you guys are going to see some cool stuff.
u dont see the same amount of boost because u have such good airflow. ur turbo doesnt need to work as hard to make those HP numbers.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
u dont see the same amount of boost because u have such good airflow. ur turbo doesnt need to work as hard to make those HP numbers.
Exactly. But the point I was making was that you don't have the luxury of just spinning the turbo faster to bring the boost back up.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:52 PM

we wish we could

spooling the same psi with btr flow
Old 08-15-2009, 10:53 PM

I want my head ported by ZZP!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:39 AM

x2 on the ported head!!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:00 AM

What about hahn intakes going crazy? I just ordered mine. Didn't see anything about that...
Old 08-16-2009, 09:55 AM

thats ur own preference dude.

and like term said. the ported head is what is helping with those numbers.

and theres been a lot or problems with hahn and zzp products in the past. hahn intakes going crazy. intercoolers blowing welds. tunes throwing codes. DP's not working correctly. Exhaust leaks. there are factors here ur not seeing you one tracked minded *******. not ******* on the vendors at all. just my personal pereference. people come on this website asking opinions.

so you can calm the **** down.
Ok smart one i have all hahn bolt ons and have never had one problem with there products.

Quick Reply: ZZ performance pcm reflash