2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

2.0 Ecotec motor cut out at full throttle.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YelCal7
Why You wanna break stuff if that will cost you more money and time. If it was me, I rather be safe than sorry. I understand that you are in different areas and different temperature down there. I am just saying play with your car smart not beat the hell out of it then BOOM! OH CRAP! I gotta fix it! Wait I don't know if my budgets cut out for it. You know what I am saying ? I am not gonna pry on you who want to see what happen but at the same time be smart about it. If whoever is happy with their car and tune. Many of us has many different ways of knowledge when it's come to tuning.
Do you think you are where you are because someone was "smart"? no this industry, modding, tuning, building, development, the world is built on ppl pushing things until they break so that we can see where they are weak and build it further. Ask ZZP if they havent tested things to failure so they could see what happens. Ask every company out there if they didnt test it to failure so they would know how to offer things to their customers or so they can build something even better. Some of us are willing to test things and know the limits, others want safety and ease. If you are a safety and ease kinda person then dont come telling the ones that push things what can and cannot be done.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
Do you think you are where you are because someone was "smart"? no this industry, modding, tuning, building, development, the world is built on ppl pushing things until they break so that we can see where they are weak and build it further. Ask ZZP if they havent tested things to failure so they could see what happens. Ask every company out there if they didnt test it to failure so they would know how to offer things to their customers or so they can build something even better. Some of us are willing to test things and know the limits, others want safety and ease. If you are a safety and ease kinda person then dont come telling the ones that push things what can and cannot be done.
Yeah right companys test stuff to the limit and they dont post stupid **** like joe saying "i ran lean for 2 years then toss on some nitros and it blew up but yeah u should totally run a 2.8 on 42s and max out ur injectors so ur motor goes lean like i did cause it worked so well for me" that what my problem with him is and i dont give a **** oh og he is and how long hes been tuning cars if its bad info then its bad info.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Yeah right companys test stuff to the limit and they dont post stupid **** like joe saying "i ran lean for 2 years then toss on some nitros and it blew up but yeah u should totally run a 2.8 on 42s and max out ur injectors so ur motor goes lean like i did cause it worked so well for me" that what my problem with him is and i dont give a **** oh og he is and how long hes been tuning cars if its bad info then its bad info.
My point was that it doesn't cause the OP's problem, in most cases it doesn't cause any problems at all. Usually driver abuse is what breaks a car, regardless of setup.

I can get away with a lot more than I will allow others to do because I know how and why the car works the way it does. Sorry if you don't like the truth, but i've had to learn my way through this platform because I was doing it when there wasn't all the info out there. You new guys with this platform have it very easy. All the big power guys at my time were doing their own R&D and not sharing any info. Yes some cars blew up, that's part of the procedure, but we were all making a lot more power than most of the people still are on these cars. Before we knew what a TVS was and there was no such thing as a bolt-on turbo kit, how many people were over 300whp?

Only those willing to push the envelope.

Difference between a leader and a follower.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
My point was that it doesn't cause the OP's problem, in most cases it doesn't cause any problems at all. Usually driver abuse is what breaks a car, regardless of setup.

I can get away with a lot more than I will allow others to do because I know how and why the car works the way it does. Sorry if you don't like the truth, but i've had to learn my way through this platform because I was doing it when there wasn't all the info out there. You new guys with this platform have it very easy. All the big power guys at my time were doing their own R&D and not sharing any info. Yes some cars blew up, that's part of the procedure, but we were all making a lot more power than most of the people still are on these cars. Before we knew what a TVS was and there was no such thing as a bolt-on turbo kit, how many people were over 300whp?

Only those willing to push the envelope.

Difference between a leader and a follower.
Dude I can respect that u pushed the car to its limit to find out what it can and cant handle, I honestly get that but it dont change the fact that its not safe for ur average guy to run a 2.8 on 42s, and that is my point. Someone that dont know any better will read why u typed and think well he did it so I can do it and he may have problems u didnt have. Also its not my fault I came to the party late and alot of research was already done for me, I got my car in 2010 cause that was when I was able too, Id would of loved to had one of these cars in 05 or 06 but I couldnt afford anything like this back then so maybe im a follower but whatever im just enjoying the car for what it is.