2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

400 wheel horsepower supercharged...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Omnigear
wtf is that dual turbo from hell =p .
It's this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5SYPtPfAdQ
But let's stay on topic.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkmanx
take your car to the zzp dyno , you will definately break 400s
LOL, now that's funny
Old 12-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
The one customer's twincharge that you guys did on here that broke? or you guys gonna brag about the gtps again. And i hope zoomer is paying you overtime , everynight for being on here all up z(_z_) p
No one is bragging. We wanted to dyno Chris' Cobalt at another dyno before de-tuners got their hands on it.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
matt. pure and simple. a stock head/cammed lsj can not support 487 whp. the motor will **** itself before it ever hits that point. this is why the bs flag flies quite often. the lsj head simply can not support that amount of air flow in it's natural state.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Area47
matt. pure and simple. a stock head/cammed lsj can not support 487 whp. the motor will **** itself before it ever hits that point. this is why the bs flag flies quite often. the lsj head simply can not support that amount of air flow in it's natural state.
I think you meant 465whp.
I understand where you are coming from, but this is EXACTLY what we dealt with in the 3800 market. People once laughed at the thought of 10s on a stock bottom end and we are now in the 8s and still improving, still running a stock bottom end. It's not easy, but it is possible. Who knows, maybe our twincharge car would have blown up on the next pull, but it doesn't change the numbers that were put down. We will get back on the dyno with a better clutch soon enough. After we get everything dialed in, we will put together a little dyno get-together to back up our numbers at a different shop. Fair enough?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:38 PM

ZZP: The damn twincharge car is falling on it's face WITH your tune. It's the boost control system and dysfunctional wastegate that is still a road block. And I'm the only one touching it. This is discussion for another thread.....

Originally Posted by Matt M
I understand where you are coming from, but this is EXACTLY what we dealt with in the 3800 market. People once laughed at the thought of 10s on a stock bottom end and we are now in the 8s and still improving, still running a stock bottom end. It's not easy, but it is possible. Who knows, maybe our twincharge car would have blown up on the next pull, but it doesn't change the numbers that were put down. We will get back on the dyno with a better clutch soon enough. After we get everything dialed in, we will put together a little dyno get-together to back up our numbers at a different shop. Fair enough?
Please make a public invite. And may I suggest Precision Autosports in Dayton, OH. Zooomer and I have had some chats, but I'm not driving 6 hrs for something I could do locally

Last edited by WickedSS2005; 12-23-2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WickedSS2005
ZZP: The damn twincharge car is falling on it's face WITH your tune. It's the boost control system and dysfunctional wastegate that is still a road block. And I'm the only one touching it. This is discussion for another thread.....
Just yesterday, you said you have been tuning it and tuning it and tuning it, so how could it have our tune on it?

As far as the wastegate/boost control system, it is quite possible that you have it adjusted incorrectly. You either have the two controllers out of sync or the PCM file has been adjusted in a way that has caused boost control issue. If you can't make it run without falling on it's face, then you don't understand the setup and how our tune corresponds to it.
Do you see it falling on it's face here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLyOmjH1iu4

or here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk4wSYrKAJE

Seriously, bring it back and we will fix it!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before judging our twincharge kit, please look at the facts. The first couple days after getting his car back, the customer was posting how great it runs and how insane the power is. Unfortunately a few different people have been trying to add their ideas into the tune and the car has never been the same since. If the car was great when it left our shop and it runs poorly now, there is nothing we can do about it until the customer decides to bring it back to us.

As far as people telling me "nope" and "wrong", etc... We've heard it for years and we always come through. In case you guys don't know, we have a supercharger test stand that allows us to perform extensive R&D, so we fully understand what's good and bad when it comes to this type of modding.

Obviously, we plan to change what is available to the LSJ market.
Yeah, as most things, its a he said, she said game. I know what you are saying, and I can see where the other party is coming from. Shame there cant be a middle ground and find a resolution and build a truly unique, powerful and fast track car.

No one is bragging. We wanted to dyno Chris' Cobalt at another dyno before de-tuners got their hands on it.
Come on now, you cant tell me someone who drops as much money on their car as they did for your kit is going to be locked into that state for oblivion. This is where you start losing me. You are trying to tell me the guy cant modify anything that has already been paid for and been modified to his car. What if he wants to build the bottom end? I think a little bit more on the explantion side of things would have helped him out greatly to assist him in further building what he was buying.
Except we have real world numbers from a real world manufacturer who just happens to race these things. We also have a few aftermarket companies who have long found the breaking points of several key components.

Im really not trying to pick apart what you are saying, just explaining how some of us who are fellow tuners/builders/racers feel about select ideas in this thread.

Last edited by Witt; 12-24-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Former Vendor

Come on now, you cant tell me someone who drops as much money on their car as they did for your kit is going to be locked into that state for oblivion. This is where you start losing me. You are trying to tell me the guy cant modify anything that has already been paid for and been modified to his car. What if he wants to build the bottom end? I think a little bit more on the explantion side of things would have helped him out greatly to assist him in further building what he was buying.
The setup left here able to run between 12 and 22 psi without touching the tune. Unfortunately, now that the tune has been modified, it is no longer working. We can not control this, unless we are directly involved in any further tuning.

Shame there cant be a middle ground and find a resolution and build a truly unique, powerful and fast track car.
We would love to have the community involved with our fast street Cobalt builds. I'm not sure why so many people want to be against us and the progress we are making.

Im really not trying to pick apart what you are saying, just explaining how some of us who are fellow tuners/builders/racers feel about select ideas in this thread.
I see what you are saying. Hopefully we will get some support from the experienced members. It will make things easier for all of us.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 AM

The setup left here able to run between 12 and 22 psi without touching the tune. Unfortunately, now that the tune has been modified, it is no longer working. We can not control this, unless we are directly involved in any further tuning.

We would love to have the community involved with our fast street Cobalt builds. I'm not sure why so many people want to be against us and the progress we are making.

I see what you are saying. Hopefully we will get some support from the experienced members. It will make things easier for all of us.
I look forward to future projects from you guys, keep us updated. As usual this forum has it share of bad apples as does any others but alos has a group of people who have also been around the block so to speak and cant be BSed.

Hope to see some faster than usual Cobalts on the street soon.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Not a Sebring

taking the easy road never leads to a feeling of self accomplishment.
Well said.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:56 AM

you're going to have to run solid lifters to make the gmr cams work.

you're going to have to push it really hard to get close to 400. 350whp is a more realistic goal to be honest
Thats what i was gonna say... wasn't there a pretty modded member who tested the TVS and even with all thier mods, cooling, bolt on's, head work, pistons, ect... only made a little over 350whp?
Old 12-24-2008, 02:05 AM

now im not one to support anyone cuz as everyone knows i own a civic now (thank ******* god) but IMO i highly recommend cooling out on the bashing of a vendor...so **** goes wrong, what do u expect from a new car that no one really knows the limits of? u guys are gonna find urself stuck with no one to make parts for u and if they do it will have to be custom and cost a **** load....cuz other the zzp...no ones making stuff for a supercharged car anymore.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:14 AM

To get back onto topic, swap to a built LE5 bottom end. I'm really surprised this hasn't been brought up.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:19 AM

i think with a twinscrew you would
with some good tunning maybe even more
Old 12-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this thread is amazing. definitely saving it.

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
To get back onto topic, swap to a built LE5 bottom end. I'm really surprised this hasn't been brought up.
to those of us that don't know, what exactly would that require?

Last edited by ls1fbody; 12-24-2008 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i prefer fact versus fiction. that's just me. im all for new parts!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Area, who exactly are you talking to? or, just sharing thoughts?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boosthard05
Thats what i was gonna say... wasn't there a pretty modded member who tested the TVS and even with all thier mods, cooling, bolt on's, head work, pistons, ect... only made a little over 350whp?

Actually he is stock motor
Old 12-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

The issue is that the crank shaft has 6 instead of 8 bolts IIRC. We were working on this nearly 3 years ago and ran into this issue. Then there is the crank reluctor gears which are different. It's definitely not that easy but I immagine it could be done with the custom machine work. We may revisit this is the future.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:59 AM

I was actually thinking this the whole time. With the added stroke and slight increase in bore, along with a built cammed head and tvs on a decent sized pulley, lots of cooling and meth injection, I'd think 400whp would be reachable, plus your tq wouldn't be too shabby with the extra stroke either.

Originally Posted by Zooomer
The issue is that the crank shaft has 6 instead of 8 bolts IIRC. We were working on this nearly 3 years ago and ran into this issue. Then there is the crank reluctor gears which are different. It's definitely not that easy but I immagine it could be done with the custom machine work. We may revisit this is the future.
it's already been done. The motor that was made is floating around here somewhere. I've talked to like 4 different members that had it at one time. LOL. If someone took the time to put it back into a car, the power it made was pretty good.

Last edited by ralliartist; 12-24-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-24-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
I was actually thinking this the whole time. With the added stroke and slight increase in bore, along with a built cammed head and tvs on a decent sized pulley, lots of cooling and meth injection, I'd think 400whp would be reachable, plus your tq wouldn't be too shabby with the extra stroke either.

it's already been done. The motor that was made is floating around here somewhere. I've talked to like 4 different members that had it at one time. LOL. If someone took the time to put it back into a car, the power it made was pretty good.
yea it made like 260 whp on the m62 at like 10 psi that hybrid motor.. is pretty wild... there's a thread about his whole build on redline forums under the name MVP i think
Old 12-24-2008, 01:08 PM

Thats the whole reason fullthrottle/mvp sold his redline because it didnt make THe power he was expecting and it took about 3 years to complete.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM

this thread got real crazy since I went to sleep last night... if you're on the east coast, I got 8 hours on you. I appreciate all the suggestions and comments that have been placed since the start. Thanks for those who wish well, and I hope to disappoint those who think that there is no way at all that this can be done safely with a blower. I guess that's what it all comes down to.

I have a worthy tuner in the area that can make sure my car runs strong and without issue. The same guy tuned my car before with the m62 and I had no knock. Area, you said that with the stock size pulley, the car patterned after a turboed setup... is it more progressive and later like a turbo?

And yes I have paid for and am waiting on axles, my tranny mounts will be to ottp early next year.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
this thread got real crazy since I went to sleep last night... if you're on the east coast, I got 8 hours on you. I appreciate all the suggestions and comments that have been placed since the start. Thanks for those who wish well, and I hope to disappoint those who think that there is no way at all that this can be done safely with a blower. I guess that's what it all comes down to.

I have a worthy tuner in the area that can make sure my car runs strong and without issue. The same guy tuned my car before with the m62 and I had no knock. Area, you said that with the stock size pulley, the car patterned after a turboed setup... is it more progressive and later like a turbo?

And yes I have paid for and am waiting on axles, my tranny mounts will be to ottp early next year.
Getting rotated mounts? how bout clutch?

Quick Reply: 400 wheel horsepower supercharged...