2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Coopercharged Stage 3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coopercharged Stage 3 Upgrade

I would like to preface this by saying that this is the first time that I have done a lot of this.

To start I put on the Weapon-R intake. The first thing I noticed about this intake is that the fitment sucks so I do not recommend using this brand go with ZZP or OTTP it also rubs in all the wrong places.

Next I added the exhaust I went with a Badmab header great build same manufacturer of the CA V2 Header, I then added a ZZP Catless Down Pipe, and I ended it with a mandrel bent 2.5 inch exhaust with a Borla muffler no resonator it sounds a little ricey I will be adding one shortly.

Starting the tear down to add in the upgraded part was removal of the supercharger. This was done farely easily with the exception of the throttlebody harness a little bit of a pain easiest way I found was to use a flathead to pop out the little locking pin then reach from underneath the supercharger to disconnect.

I chose to go with the Stage 3 heat exchanger which should fill the whole bumper so to do this you need to removed the bumper cover. To do this you need to remove the headlights very easy only 2 bolts and they are a size 10. Next also A size 10 the bolt all the way in the back attaching it to the fender the first to bolts do not need to be removed as they are holding a snap clip on after the bolt in the back is removed they can be snapped out. Dont forget about the 2 pushpin style clips on the bottom of the bumper cover I almost did and make sure when you pull the bumper off to pull by the foam insert not the bumper. I removed both wheels and inner wheel covers to do this made it easier to get to.

This completes the tear down. When I get the parts this evening I will post more.

After this came the fuel rail straight forward only 3 bolts holding it in the one for the coolant banjo and the 2 for the fuel rail itself. Oh and I almost forgot there is 2 more bolts holding the coolant line to the head that has to be removed as well. When pulling out the injectors make sure to have something to catch the extra fuel as there was almost a half gallon even after bleeding the pressure from the line. Also dont forget to remove the fuel rail cover before doing so.

For the next portion of this I chose to go with the larger tensioner pulley instead of the adjustable(I wanted to stay within my budget). To remove the pulley your best bet is to do this while still in the car if you dont have an impact wrench available. Pop off the cover on the bulley and use a t-50 torx bit to remove. Then use the same t-50 torx bit for the bolt connect to the tensioner shock absorber thing. and a t-35 for the top bolt.

I got the Stage 3 Kit last night and started to install first off the only instructions that it came with were for the pully puller other than that I was on my own. Talking to other people that have bought this kit, it's not normal for ZZP to leave out instructions. It's all good however the its very straight forward install.

I started of with the stage 3 heat exchanger very nice I might add. Simply bolts into place but you may want to take the tabs off the bumper that connect to the bottom of the the metal bumper itself as those holes are used to install the heat exchanger. The next thing was to get it plumbed first of it was a lot harder than it looked. The hose are somehow glued to the stock heat exchanger and the clamps are glued to the hose. After getting the hose off of the stock heat exchanger and getting that plumbed it was now to tackle the connector on the pump. The clamp was on some way that you couldnt get a pair of pliers on it so that got cut off with a cutting wheel. Then I pried the hose off with a flathead and a carpet knife. I then plumbed the full heat exchanger.

I next proceeded to put the bumper cover back on. I do have to say that it seemed to go back on easier than it came off.

After that I had to grind the stock tensioner down to fit the larger pulley and this was straight forward and was able to get this done in about 10 minutes or so.

I then installed the new 60# injectors a little royal purple on the o-rings and they went in like champs. Unfortunately to continue this project I have to wait until I get off work today, so I can go get some anti-sieze lube and assembly lube to use the pully puller I will post more when I get done as well as pictures.

Stage 3 completed took a little bit of doing but I got it done. I picked up some anti-seize after work and pulled the pulley off. With the ZZP pulley puller 10 minutes and it was done holy crap it was a breeze. Changed out the spark plugs and put everything back together.

One word to the wise I guess is to remember the way the belt is routed I must have stared at is for 30 minutes before finally figuring it out. Leave to Chevy not to put a serpentine belt diagram on the car.

Last edited by coopercharge; 05-28-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Updates.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
thats not a build a build is building the engine its self u have done bolt ons
Old 05-26-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
with the level of knowledge around here, this thread should only be followed by engineers and fabricators!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
A matter of opinion if I do say. Build means to increase or develop. But I will change the title to stage 3 upgrade.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by selfinfliction
with the level of knowledge around here, this thread should only be followed by engineers and fabricators!
yes it should or people need to learn the difference between boltons and building somthing
Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by coopercharge
A matter of opinion if I do say. Build means to increase or develop. But I will change the title to stage 3 upgrade.
yea. upgrades. not build but sounds like fun man!

to the other posters. thats why i just lurk. I see people talking about builds around css.net, and ****, im reading about them doing exhausts and headlights. I go to honda-tech and a build is a 10-second car. this place is ridiculous now.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by DebadgedBALT77
yea. upgrades. not build but sounds like fun man!

to the other posters. thats why i just lurk. I see people talking about builds around css.net, and ****, im reading about them doing exhausts and headlights. I go to honda-tech and a build is a 10-second car. this place is ridiculous now.
Again and thats why I renamed the post to stage 3 upgrade. And as for the fun it has been an experience as I have not had the chance of doing a lot of this stuff before.

Last edited by coopercharge; 05-27-2010 at 09:16 AM.