2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Dual End Plate & Option B Install Help - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dual End Plate & Option B Install Help - Pictures

I want to double check my dual pass/option B install before starting the car as it is hard to tell with some of the diagrams available.

My main question is do I route the out piping from dual pass endplate to the IC pump's hose from the top of the unit or the side? The diagram below shows the IC pump inflow to be the top and outflow from the side but my side pipe has always been hooked up to the radiator shroud and i am assuming that connects to the intercooler.

Also, does the end plate's center inlet route to the bottom right of the radiator shroud?

Pictures:

Blue is the outflow, Red in the inflow to dual pass endplate.

Does this install look correct to you?

Thank you for your help.

Instructions:

Last edited by CobaltSS118; 03-29-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to be right, I just installed mine and followed the ZZP Dual pass diagram to hook it up.
Your output from intake laminova should be on top and bottom and middle two should be input if you did it correct (had to swap bottom two cores).

Just do a search there are some how to diagrams some where around here
Old 03-22-2012, 02:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My setup is slightly diffrent but it still works great. I have it going Pump->Center->Top/Bottom->Stock IC->OTTP Stg1 IC-> Pump
Old 03-29-2012, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got everything routed correctly as per the diagram above and I am now running into some problems with drive ability.

After the car warms up and when I drove it on the freeway the motor was way down on power. Boost would build but I had to keep the pedal down quite far to keep the car at speed on the highway. So i immediately stopped driving.

I checked the IC pump and it was not working. Would this cause the car to dramatically lose most of the power because no coolant was flowing through the system and the car was taking in hot air? The steering wheel was shaking too not sure why maybe from the engine. I don't have any alignment or wheels/tire issues.

No check engine lights have come on.

Additionally, the option b tank had the hose leading to the end plate routed wrong where the highest point in the system was the hose not the tank, so I re-routed that.

Any advice on what could have gone wrong? I think I just had a lot of air in the IC system and a broken pump but the engine sure did lose a lot of power.

No coolant smell in the exhaust I think the end plate is fine.

Thanks for the help again.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CobaltSS118
I got everything routed correctly as per the diagram above and I am now running into some problems with drive ability.

After the car warms up and when I drove it on the freeway the motor was way down on power. Boost would build but I had to keep the pedal down quite far to keep the car at speed on the highway. So i immediately stopped driving.

I checked the IC pump and it was not working. Would this cause the car to dramatically lose most of the power because no coolant was flowing through the system and the car was taking in hot air? The steering wheel was shaking too not sure why maybe from the engine. I don't have any alignment or wheels/tire issues.

No check engine lights have come on.

Additionally, the option b tank had the hose leading to the end plate routed wrong where the highest point in the system was the hose not the tank, so I re-routed that.

Any advice on what could have gone wrong? I think I just had a lot of air in the IC system and a broken pump but the engine sure did lose a lot of power.

No coolant smell in the exhaust I think the end plate is fine.

Thanks for the help again.

I suggest replaceing your IC Pump.
The dealership will want 550 Bux for one,
ZZP wants about 110, and OTTP wants
slightly less then ZZP last I checked. Yes having an inop IC pump can cause you to loose power because of high intake temps.

First make sure its plugged in good though. No need to spend 100 bux if you just forgot to plug it in.

& Check the fuse

Last edited by insylem; 03-30-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM

Where is this diagram from? I'm about to re-route my system. There are so many variations. I don't know which one to follow
Old 04-22-2012, 10:52 PM

Stock system plus secondary heat exchanger:

Out pump>stock heat exchanger in/out>secondary heat exchanger in/out>end plate> filler neck> pump

Picture above:

Out pump>stock heat exchanger in/out> secondary heat exchanger in/out> middle nipple on dual pass end plate>out dual nipples on dual pass end plate> filler neck (Option B replaces filler neck)>pump

Someone correct me if thats wrong, did this last year but I think its right.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/how-...rnator-274630/

^I didnt make this thread for nothing guys....

Everything you will need for the install is found in my thread.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkChild
Where is this diagram from? I'm about to re-route my system. There are so many variations. I don't know which one to follow
from Me via GM performance. its correct.

ps if your pump is not working of course you will have issues.

Last edited by Powell Race Parts; 04-23-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/how-...rnator-274630/

^I didnt make this thread for nothing guys....

Everything you will need for the install is found in my thread.
Well, that would have been handy when I did mine haha.