2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Electronic Cut Outs

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronic Cut Outs

I have done some searching about some cut outs on this forum and have found out that it may not be such a good idea to put one on a supercharged car and no one has an explenation why it wont work on them. I have heard it works on and hurts the Turbo cars i was told by one of my friends that it would have less effect on a Turbo Car then a Supercharged Car because the Supercharged car is always under boost unlike the Turbo Car because the Turbo requires the exhuast to spool up unlike the supercharger that requires a pully. I have almost no Auto-Tech knowledge and i have been wondering about this for awhile.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard message to read but i'll try and respond to the best of my knowledge...

Exhaust cutouts will help turbo cars the most. When you open up the exhaust you allow the turbine to spool quicker because the exhaust is freer flowing. Basically, the more restrictive a turbo's exhaust is, the more "lag" and lose of power you'll get.

On a SC car, you'll see gains since it's still forced air, but it won't have the implications that the turbo setup will have, ie. quicker spooling. I'm not sure about power delivery but you might have some gains up top.

On NA cars there is a huge debate on what the proper backpresure is, some people say open exhaust systems hurt performance and others say it helps. However your car is not NA so I'm not going to start this debate here.

Hope this helps!