2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

GM stage update!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i didnt have to take anything off, pulley, intake,....
funny thing is i only started noticing the driviablity issues when the intake was installed, my friend drove my car with anoher friend in my passenger seat and both felt a hesitaion when stompin in every gear around 3500, now with this flash, it drives amazing, shifts are smoother, pulls harder, no hesitations or hiccups and it also seemed to fix the problem i was having when id hit the limiter and then it would bog and the exhaust would be "poppy" ever time i shifted or gunned it in gear, if yer in the the market for a tune id wait if yer dealer is givin u a hassle, my dealer has been pertty cool with 99 percent of the things i have asked of them, next for me is a hpt mild tune to unlock a lil bit more, even if 60 pounders are needed with my 2.85, then its better breaks/rotors, struts, tint, a functional hood the vents hot air out, and axles and possibly track tires....i know i wont be the fastest balt around but i sure will put up a damn good fight lol, good luck.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leviticus88
lol, i took it to the dealer to get the oil changed because they owed me a free one and they freaked out about my car! They noticed the exhaust and intake right off and told me it wasn't a good idea. I laughed and told them to shut up and give me my oil change. Needless to say, i'm going to drive to a better dealer get my car flashed. How long does it take?
it should take roughly ~5 minutes to pull the current codes on the car about ~10 to download the new codes and about ~5 minutes to flash the car. It really shouldn't take any longer than that

~20 total sounds about right
Old 09-21-2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
it should take roughly ~5 minutes to pull the current codes on the car about ~10 to download the new codes and about ~5 minutes to flash the car. It really shouldn't take any longer than that

~20 total sounds about right
Oh, ok. sounds good. thanx
Old 09-21-2006, 05:54 PM

Friend of mine reflashed the update today and wow car runs much smoother!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:55 PM

just one question.. I know its written that this is for people who have Stage 2 installed and that the people who plan on buying the new one should come with the updated flash.. but I bought mine a long time ago like in April so am I going to need to say something about the updated flash.. or do you mean the code that came with my kit is the same code that has been updated.. thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by KangolRiot
just one question.. I know its written that this is for people who have Stage 2 installed and that the people who plan on buying the new one should come with the updated flash.. but I bought mine a long time ago like in April so am I going to need to say something about the updated flash.. or do you mean the code that came with my kit is the same code that has been updated.. thanks
no where did I mention stage 2 only. This is for the gm stage kits ie. 1 and/or 2. If you bought yours back in april and an updated flash has only been mentioned recently then obviously yours is not of the updated variety
Old 09-21-2006, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
no where did I mention stage 2 only. This is for the gm stage kits ie. 1 and/or 2. If you bought yours back in april and an updated flash has only been mentioned recently then obviously yours is not of the updated variety

I know its not just for STage 2.. I am just referring to that because its what I have.. and thanks for the answer.. and it wasnt obvious to me because I didnt know if they just updated the old flash so it correct.. I didnt know if it was that or if they just made a totaly new flash to correct it
Old 09-21-2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by KangolRiot
I know its not just for STage 2.. I am just referring to that because its what I have.. and thanks for the answer.. and it wasnt obvious to me because I didnt know if they just updated the old flash so it correct.. I didnt know if it was that or if they just made a totaly new flash to correct it
sorry if I sounded harsh however, as stated previously, this is an update to an already present code on the car with an installed stage kit
Old 09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned

my cel is on and i installed a stage 3 kit from intense does anyone think i should get a reflash from a local dealership or what do you think i should do .. i need serious help
Old 09-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by intense_SS
my cel is on and i installed a stage 3 kit from intense does anyone think i should get a reflash from a local dealership or what do you think i should do .. i need serious help
as stated previously this can only be installed on a car that has a GM stage kit
Old 09-21-2006, 09:23 PM

I have Gm stage 1 and have this problem, but can't you also fix this by reflashing with HPT?? and end up with more power!!! My warrenty expires in 2000 miles anyway so help me out here!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Thank you guys. This site helps me out a lot. I thought because it was getting cold around here that when the car was sitting overnight and I have the colder spark plugs in the engine that it was causing the spark plug to not ignite fast enough I was going to just change the plugs back to stock but I called the dealership that installed my kit today and told them that there was an update for my stage one and they said they would have to get back to me. Well they called back and said well how did you hear about this .I told them the internet and gave them the code document number,and preliminary code and they told me that they were on line with the tech line and said that my reflash might have not taken. I told them that I don't need it reflashed but just updated. He said that the tech that worked on it last time will be in on the following thurs. He asked me that I had installed the stage 1 and I said yes. All though it's really Stage 2 with the 3.0 ZZpulley that I have on it. I had the slugish from 1st to 2nd shift thing going on and the stomp on it in second and felt like the belt was slipping feeling. I thought maybe I installed it wrong.

Hopefully this works. I'll let you guys know next week.Thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 PM

i got my stage 2 installed and flashed do you think i am going to have the problems?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:25 AM

This updated flash was found and availalable since around 9/6/06. If your kit was installed before this date or shortly after then you should get your car checked.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by ToMeGuN
Any ideas on how to get the car to throw a P071 or P0507 ? And please don't tell me to pull the dipstick. lol
if you have a gm stage kit you should already have the codes but as stated previously a CEL normally never comes on.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:50 AM

If i get my stage 2 kit installed next week is it safe to say that i will get the updated flash or should i mention to the dealer that there is a updated flash for the car. I guess what i'm asking is for people who are going to get their kits installed in the near future will we automatically get the updated flash instead of the old one? Is it possible for them to still give you the old flash.

thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NLCobaltSS
If i get my stage 2 kit installed next week is it safe to say that i will get the updated flash or should i mention to the dealer that there is a updated flash for the car. I guess what i'm asking is for people who are going to get their kits installed in the near future will we automatically get the updated flash instead of the old one? Is it possible for them to still give you the old flash.

thanks
Yeah you would definitely get the updated flash.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:43 AM

Took my car to dealer last night with stage 2, printed up the document Oni posted for the 05 dealer said that was all they needed and they could get it done for me.

so thanks Oni, now hopefully they'll do it.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 PM

ok, another thing the flash seemed to fix for me is, my p0103 code.
when i put my intake on and id bee creepin close to 7 grand a cel would come on, too much air and the maf freaks out and boom theres the cel, i have been deleting it ever since ive had the intake, summer was ok, it did not come on but as the air cools at wot, it coems on, i got the intake around may when it was still cold and it did that, the summer was cel free and now the cooler air is back and boom ive seen it a few times...........until now, after my updated stage flash, i have yet to see this cel come on, it was chilly the last few days, and felt like winter the other night, i hit the gas at wot, no cel, and the best part is that it donst run like crap after a few wot runs liek it used to, in love with the car all over again, thought id give a heads up cuz i know some were expierencing those probs aswell.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by distillion
when i put my intake on and id bee creepin close to 7 grand a cel would come on, too much air and the maf freaks out and boom theres the cel, i have been deleting it ever since ive had the intake, summer was ok, it did not come on but as the air cools at wot, it coems on, i got the intake around may when it was still cold and it did that, the summer was cel free and now the cooler air is back and boom ive seen it a few times...........until now, after my updated stage flash, i have yet to see this cel come on, it was chilly the last few days, and felt like winter the other night, i hit the gas at wot, no cel, and the best part is that it donst run like crap after a few wot runs liek it used to, in love with the car all over again, thought id give a heads up cuz i know some were expierencing those probs aswell.
Good stuff. I'm schedualed to go in Wednesday for this update. I hope they don't freak out when they see my brand new exhaust. It's going on this Sunday!
Old 09-22-2006, 03:18 PM

I just got the reflash done. All I can say is now I REALLY ENJOY my car. The car does not bog down in first or second any more. The car has smooth acceloration and is fun to drive. I am glad it is done!!
Old 09-22-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by toydriver00
I just got the reflash done. All I can say is now I REALLY ENJOY my car. The car does not bog down in first or second any more. The car has smooth acceloration and is fun to drive. I am glad it is done!!
Good to hear. I can't wait!
Old 09-22-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Good stuff. I'm schedualed to go in Wednesday for this update. I hope they don't freak out when they see my brand new exhaust. It's going on this Sunday!
why would they freak about yer exhaust, isnt it gmpp?
Old 09-22-2006, 03:45 PM

why would they freak about yer exhaust, isnt it gmpp?
Yeah the cat back is GM but that's about it. The XTC header and downpipe will be installed too. Whatever F-them. I already know they are going to say **** because well....that's what they do. I had to pull teeth just to get in for this reflash.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:45 PM

edited original thread post thx for the observation.

... edit#3 while unconfirmed it would appear that the flash also fixes the p0103 code that occurs during wot in cooler temps. The car would get the lean code and throw a cel at around 7k rpms

Quick Reply: GM stage update!