2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Got my blower ported

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my blower ported

To go along with my Ported head I am adding to my collection my now Ported supercharger. I will be using a 2.7" pulley and an LS4 throttle body. I know I'm already going to be told that I don't need the throttle body but I'd like to see how close to 300whp I can get on 91 octane. I didn't say I would get that but just curious to see how close. I am also going to be adding a ported lower intake manifold to the collection soon, along with it being converted to a single pass system.

Inlet Before

Inlet After

Outlet Before

Outlet After

Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats a crazy ass port job right there. subd for results. interesting build.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
plug those silencer holes while its apart!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by jonathan923
thats a crazy ass port job right there. subd for results. interesting build.
Thanks, so am I. I hope to at least get like 275-280 whp. I'm also ditching my 3" exhaust and going to try to find a Corsa touring but because they are discontinued it is a pain in the neck to find one.

Originally Posted by riceburner
I'm not going to because it increases IAT2's and decreases hp. At least that is what I read when we were in the stages of porting the blower. We did what Eaton said to do to spec.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 PM

if you have a ported head already with suporting mods your closer to 300whp than you think
Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 PM

Wow that's a lot of material gone what did u use to remove all of that looks nice
Old 05-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
if you have a ported head already with suporting mods your closer to 300whp than you think
not on pump
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM

I wish I could get pretty close. I will be posting every little piece of information when I get it dyno tuned again. I will be happy with whatever it does.

Originally Posted by dannysauer
Wow that's a lot of material gone what did u use to remove all of that looks nice
I wish I could tell you. My friend ports a lot and did it. He is really, really good at it.

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
not on pump
Unfortunately a true story. I do have a meth kit but my controller is no good and a controller alone is like $150+ from Devils Own. Also, it's my daily driver so numbers don't mean too much to me. When I track it I will care a little more. I hope to do a low 13, high 12 on a set of MT slicks.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM

Are you anywhere near Vancouver in Canada? I would of pay your friend if he did my
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did thought about going LS4. After I did some research around this forums. Some guys like them and some don't. All I know if you set area scaler to 4950. But I have no experience with them, I was like Yeah then Naw. I just don't get really good infos about them, Most guys has a mix feelings with LS4. I did asked if it's daily driven and all I get back is Yes n No. MrB, What's your experience with them ? Is it worth it ? I have 50# on 2.8 pulley.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tony Pshenichnykh
Are you anywhere near Vancouver in Canada? I would of pay your friend if he did my
I wouldn't call it ported more like cleaned up

Originally Posted by YelCal7
I did thought about going LS4. After I did some research around this forums. Some guys like them and some don't. All I know if you set area scaler to 4950. But I have no experience with them, I was like Yeah then Naw. I just don't get really good infos about them, Most guys has a mix feelings with LS4. I did asked if it's daily driven and all I get back is Yes n No. MrB, What's your experience with them ? Is it worth it ? I have 50# on 2.8 pulley.
I run a ls4 and it is more then worth it the bottom to mid it gives is really nice and it can be touchy to drive

you can run the scaler up past 4950 to help with the touchyness
Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Pshenichnykh
I'm on the east end of Canada. Pretty close to Detroit, Michigan. I'm sure we could still work something out. Pm me if you are seriously interested.

Originally Posted by YelCal7
I read mixed reviews too and I'm tired of listening to everything I read on the internet. I am going to just go get one and try it it. I will show videos of how it drives and throttle response. I believe it is all in the tune. Many people upgrade their throttle bodies and don't have a problem with drivability(sp?).

I know that the guy tuning my car said I don't need it but I do know he can tune for it because he has before. I am confident that he will make it drive nice and get some decent power.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM

Ok, I will look forward with your update.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:04 PM

i didnt get why but i re read and saw you'll be on 91. i still think 280-290whp range is possible with a decent tune
Old 05-21-2013, 04:23 PM

is that a blow up doll behind you on the pics??

Nvm its my "imagination"

Last edited by turbosmart4; 05-21-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Doesnt look too bad!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dannysauer
they did not remove that much

i didnt get why but i re read and saw you'll be on 91. i still think 280-290whp range is possible with a decent tune
nope not on 91
Old 05-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkChild
I'm not going to because it increases IAT2's and decreases hp. At least that is what I read when we were in the stages of porting the blower. We did what Eaton said to do to spec.
Then you didn't read what Eaton says about the silencer holes.

"The two oval slots on the output plate are air leakage ports. Their only purpose is to decrease operational noise from the blower. Arnie, from Eaton Corp., explains their function like this, "When you stomp on the gas, the boost shoots up and the air flow goes supersonic. The air then slams back into the output plate and through the leakage slots, which reduces the hammering of the air into the housing causing less noise. The OEM can not have such loud NVH, that’s why we put them in the housing. The 2 small ports are not there to feed air, only to reduce noise." Basically, for the best flow and most efficiency, these ports can be blocked off, making the outlet port (triangle slot) the only port on the outlet plate of the housing. Closing these ports will not increase IAT's; however, it will make the supercharger much louder when in boost. As an example, aftermarket supercharger companies, such as Harrop, Roush and Magnuson do not use these slots in their blowers. It should be re-stated, that you should consult professionals regarding closing these ports; and do not, for any reason, plug them with JB Weld. Improper closure could eventually lead to pieces coming apart and loose debris destroying the rotors and housing. Opening up these ports will only have a negative effect on efficiency. Do not port them."
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

^boooooooooooooooooooooooooom
Old 05-22-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
just curious, what would be the correct way to plug these holes ?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by riceburner
No. Not worth it.

The port work on the blower looks nice. Not over done.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 05-22-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Then you didn't read what Eaton says about the silencer holes.

"The two oval slots on the output plate are air leakage ports. Their only purpose is to decrease operational noise from the blower. Arnie, from Eaton Corp., explains their function like this, "When you stomp on the gas, the boost shoots up and the air flow goes supersonic. The air then slams back into the output plate and through the leakage slots, which reduces the hammering of the air into the housing causing less noise. The OEM can not have such loud NVH, that’s why we put them in the housing. The 2 small ports are not there to feed air, only to reduce noise." Basically, for the best flow and most efficiency, these ports can be blocked off, making the outlet port (triangle slot) the only port on the outlet plate of the housing. Closing these ports will not increase IAT's; however, it will make the supercharger much louder when in boost. As an example, aftermarket supercharger companies, such as Harrop, Roush and Magnuson do not use these slots in their blowers. It should be re-stated, that you should consult professionals regarding closing these ports; and do not, for any reason, plug them with JB Weld. Improper closure could eventually lead to pieces coming apart and loose debris destroying the rotors and housing. Opening up these ports will only have a negative effect on efficiency. Do not port them."
I did read that but I also read what ZZP had said. Either way, I'm not here to have an argument about something I can't back up from my own experience and ACTUAL numbers proving it is better or not. I'm not saying your wrong. I honestly don't know if it helps or not.

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
No. Not worth it.

The port work on the blower looks nice. Not over done.
Thank you very much. I don't think I am going to plug them. I just don't want potential problems in the future because of something I did to try and go faster.

Off topic but I am so disappointing that I can't find a Corsa Touring exhaust system anymore. Too bad they discontinued them 2 years ago. Your car sounds great. You should make some videos of your ZZP stage 1 cams install. I might go with that set as well but for now I am content with what I have and am doing. I'd be happy with 270 whp. Your car is by far one of my favorites on this site.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 PM

Cause Staged07SS is the ONLY GUY that has H62 around this forum ? GM should had made all Cobalts that has H62 instead of that "Baby M62".
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Silencer holes plugged with quicksteel for over 5 years. Stock intake. Loud blower.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkChild
I did read that but I also read what ZZP had said. Either way, I'm not here to have an argument about something I can't back up from my own experience and ACTUAL numbers proving it is better or not. I'm not saying your wrong. I honestly don't know if it helps or not.
Zoomer had claimed loss of power and higher IAT's but as fast as he says that he disappears with no proof. So I'd take the manufacturer's word over someone who says they tested it with nothing to back it up.

You're not gonna see any huge change either way even plugging them. Just have a louder whine.

Quick Reply: Got my blower ported