2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Hahn Racecraft LSJ GT35R Turbo Project PICS RELEASED!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kempo
Excellent news Bill. I will be giving you a call in a few days. How much boost were you running on that run?
no way kempo, you cant out do me!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job guys, gotta love the boost response of that T3 hotside....no noticeable "lag" per say in the HP curve.

i take it the lack of torque can be attributed to ever continuing tuning and a rather large shaft inertia?

great work!

Paul and I are on the hunt now!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Former Vendor

Excellent news Bill. I will be giving you a call in a few days. How much boost were you running on that run?
That came in at 20-23 PSI. With the big GT35R, the boost follows RPM to a degree, and is not linear in response like a smaller turbo. We will work on improving that with tuning and boost control.

Originally Posted by 06black
Good job guys, gotta love the boost response of that T3 hotside....no noticeable "lag" per say in the HP curve.

i take it the lack of torque can be attributed to ever continuing tuning and a rather large shaft inertia?

great work!
Thank you
Yes, the combination of low compression, large turbo, and ported head / big cams all conspire to steal away torque, but compensate for it with big HP via the much enhanced airflow at high RPM. What you see here is most characteristic of such a combo. What she gives up on the bottom, she gives back in spades at full RPM! And of course, the big payoff comes when we put the high octane in and give it some REAL boost!!!

This torque to HP relationship is even more evident in a combo such as our GT4088R 2.0 Ecotec Sunfire. As mentioned above, we will likely be able to make some improvements in torque, but at this level of the game, the emphasis shifts to hi RPM HP, and we'll never get this monster to make stump-pulling low end.

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 04-03-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2008, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by bolus
no way kempo, you cant out do me!
Don't worry Bolus I'm sure yours will be done way before mine and yours will have lots more HP since my goal is 320-350WHP. I know you are shooting for the big numbers on yours

Don't tell anyone but I'm also waiting to see how everything on this kit fit on your car before I take the plunge so good luck
Old 04-03-2008, 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=EcoBoost;2155807]That came in at 20-23 PSI. With the big GT35R, the boost follows RPM to a degree, and is not linear in response like a smaller turbo. We will work on improving that with tuning and boost control.

great work!
QUOTE]
Thank you
Yes, the combination of low compression, large turbo, and ported head / big cams all conspire to steal away torque, but compensate for it with big HP via the much enhanced airflow at high RPM. What you see here is is most characteristic of such a combo. What she gives up on the bottom, she gives back in spades at full RPM! And of course, the big payoff comes when we put the high octane in and give it some real boost.

This torque to HP relationship is even more evident in a combo such as our GT4088R 2.0 Ecotec Sunfire. As mentioned above, we will likely be able to make some improvements in torque, but at this level of the game, the emphasis shifts to hi RPM HP, and we'll never get this monster to make stump-pulling low end.
ahhh yes, the lower compression and lower gas velocity....makes more sience now. forgot he had droped the CR.

i've been toying around with jumping down to a T3 .63 frame from my t4 unit for a while now, this sways me even more in that direction due to the sustained power curve...i f-in love my t4 mid-range and top end....but i do miss the more responsive lower end that the smaller frame would give.

cant wait to catch it out in chi-town...better yet i want to see this j-bod with a 4088R in it....i had 4208R on an old DSM and that was wacky, that car must be close to the same.

awesome progress guys, cant wait to see what she makes once the tune gets nailed down....it took me MONTHS of work before i could stop dicking with it every day, and even now i still play with it a few times a week.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:53 AM

Hey hey, we have numbers. Congrats. Will look forward to seeing this and hearing it in person in a few days.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:54 AM

Don't worry Bolus I'm sure yours will be done way before mine and yours will have lots more HP since my goal is 320-350WHP. I know you are shooting for the big numbers on yours

Don't tell anyone but I'm also waiting to see how everything on this kit fit on your car before I take the plunge so good luck
Definitely talk with Bill. I think he spent an hour on the phone with me to think through my project and my goals to put together a kit for me.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by 06noscobaltss
I knew someone would say it. yes the tq is going to be low because of the real low compression at 8:1 as well as the bigger cams and the BIG turbo! But sorry Paul....
Oh that is completely understandable. I forgot the compression ratio was dropped that much. Damn good numbers anyhow. I can't wait to see what race gas and crazy boost will bring.

Bill, yes indeed Paul's feat on a stock engine is quite impressive and nothing to sneeze at by no means. He wins in the stock motor category hands down... well at least until 06Black tries to beat him out. Then it will be a race to see who will nudge each other out!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:13 AM

when does this kit come avaliable again
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 AM

Hey Bill, what are your thoughts on an EVO III 16g turbo on these cars and aiming for around 325-350whp? Just curious because I love my Integra with it's small 16g so much that I went ahead and upgraded it to an EVO III. I think it would provide quick spool and enough huff for that power goal in mind.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Hey Bill, what are your thoughts on an EVO III 16g turbo on these cars and aiming for around 325-350whp? Just curious because I love my Integra with it's small 16g so much that I went ahead and upgraded it to an EVO III. I think it would provide quick spool and enough huff for that power goal in mind.
Well, heh, of course I'd suggest a Hahn Super 16G for a much more effective install...we can even provide the manifold! The Evo turbo's got that whack Mitsu inlet and outlet flange, so there's also no interchangeability, whereas our Super 16G's use much more common flange designs that allow one to use a manifold with the ever-popular T3 flange. Leaves so many options for future growth.

All that aside, tho...any 16G is breathing very hard at such power levels as you describe. However, our Super 20G is smack in the middle of her sweet spot there, and spools almost as quickly as the 16G, so its a natural.

Not to threadjack my own (well, and Joe's!) thread tho...I will soon be releasing more info about all of these components in new threads. If you want to be kept posted of events as they unfold, drop us a line at sales@turbosystem.com and ask to be added to to the Cobalt list. Thanks!

Originally Posted by KillerBee
when does this kit come avaliable again
Soon! We are in the last phases of development now.

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 04-03-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2008, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
Well, heh, of course I'd suggest a Hahn Super 16G for a much more effective install...we can even provide the manifold! The Evo turbo's got that whack Mitsu inlet and outlet flange, so there's also no interchangeability, whereas our Super 16G's use much more common flange designs that allow one to use a manifold with the ever-popular T3 flange. Leaves so many options for future growth.

All that aside, tho...any 16G is breathing very hard at such power levels as you describe. However, our Super 20G is smack in the middle of her sweet spot there, and spools almost as quickly as the 16G, so its a natural.

Not to threadjack my own (well, and Joe's!) thread tho...I will soon be releasing more info about all of these components in new threads. If you want to be kept posted of events as they unfold, drop us a line at sales@turbosystem.com and ask to be added to to the Cobalt list. Thanks!

Soon! We are in the last phases of development now.
Thanks for the honesty here. I'll check out your site on the turbo. I got my Integra's EVO III for $510 shipped from turbochargers.com, so I was thinking I could fab my own kit for pretty cheap based on my experience with it. Plus, it'll give me something to do for awhile as I get bored with the same old stuff quickly. I'll be keeping an eye out on your 20G kit to see what it does.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:05 AM

nice #'s
Old 04-03-2008, 04:25 AM

So is there a turbo out there, where I can get ~380-400 whp on 91 octane, and have most of my boost (85%-90%) by like 2000-2500, and keep boost all the way through 8000 rpm?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
So is there a turbo out there, where I can get ~380-400 whp on 91 octane, and have most of my boost (85%-90%) by like 2000-2500, and keep boost all the way through 8000 rpm?
Good luck with that one! That would be a badass setup though.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 AM

Glad to see some progess Bill. I will be getting back to you soon the that intake.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
Ah, if only there were...thou seeketh the Holy Grail. A 6000-rpm wide powerband is indeed the stuff of legend!

There's always some tradeoffs, no matter the technology used, so it pays to fully understand all the ins and outs before proceeding down a path such as this. You may choose low end torque, or high end horsepower, or some compromise that achieves the best compromise of both for your needs.

We specialize in helping prospective customers understand where their ideal combo ultimately exists in terms of preferences and budget. We maintain that a well-educated customer is our favorite, for they are much more likely to have a positive experience. Not to mention, the more you look, the better we look!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 AM

Ah, if only there were...thou seeketh the Holy Grail. A 6000-rpm wide powerband is indeed the stuff of legend!

There's always some tradeoffs, no matter the technology used, so it pays to fully understand all the ins and outs before proceeding down a path such as this. You may choose low end torque, or high end horsepower, or some compromise that achieves the best compromise of both for your needs.

We specialize in helping prospective customers understand where their ideal combo ultimately exists in terms of preferences and budget. We maintain that a well-educated customer is our favorite, for they are much more likely to have a positive experience. Not to mention, the more you look, the better we look!
So basically, it does not exist. Thats why I'm sticking with a supercharger

Cause trust me, if there were a turbo out there like that, I wouldn't even be thinking about a blower.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
We specialize in helping prospective customers understand where their ideal combo ultimately exists in terms of preferences and budget.
How about you help me to understand how long it'll be until I can buy the Super 20g kit...
Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
How about you help me to understand how long it'll be until I can buy the Super 20g kit...
You can get a kit now, it is just not turn key. But if you dont mind doing some of the stuff yourself like the charge tubing and the tuning then you can get what I got. Intake and exhaust manifolds, turbo, boost controller, and other basics.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
We'll show one at the Midwest Meet this weekend. We should be taking orders for them by May, I would estimate.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:32 PM

great numbers, and good job bill

Enjoy number guys!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Damn good numbers! The torque is a bit low, but other than that great numbers on 93 octane. Damn you had to ruin Paul's glory of being #1 didn't you.
ha but I'm still on the stock motor and pump gas ... lol

great work!

Paul and I are on the hunt now!
haha... injectors and cams this week... then I may make a new trip out to the dyno... I smell 450whp coming soon.... and hopefully not boom lol

and btw great numbers.... I can't wait to see you guys crank it up too 30psi... I estimate at least 520whp or so..

Last edited by 06blackg85ss; 04-03-2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM

Well guys here are the videos. All on straight 93 octane! Watch them in order!

Walk around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LMtQl7WG3c

18psi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXXFCnOIipo

21psi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLoNKcrIBEQ

Last edited by 06noscobaltss; 04-03-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
nice man

Quick Reply: Hahn Racecraft LSJ GT35R Turbo Project PICS RELEASED!