2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Injectors issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injectors issue

Ok so I bought my cobalt SS back in october and have had no issues running on a day to day basis. The dealership said there was a lot of work done to the car but they couldn't tell me much about it. I did my research before I bought it and decided I'd give it a try. The car came with all the basic bolt ons and what we think is a gm stage 2. I've seen the car boosting as high as 16.2. Now i'm trying to figure out what injectors the car has without having to pull them out. Is there a way to do that? I have the Aero force scanner, would there be any numbers specifically I could look for to help figure this out?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 PM

you can look at the injector harness. the stock ss (supercharged i'd assume since you're talking stage kits) has green injector clips. Bigger injectors, whether it be gm 42# with the stage 2, or 60# that are popular as well for our cars, will require a different injector harness. (edit... as i state in a later post, gm staged injectors can use the existing wiring harness.) see what ya find by looking at it, and post back.

the scan guage can give you all sorts of data, but it won't post up any info regarding what the injectors are. you were wondering if there was a way to read max flow rate? that i am unsure of, i dont have an aeroforce. more knowledgeable people will post up in a bit im sure

Last edited by SprChrg4Life; 06-02-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM

ok I just checked the clips and their blue. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to buy the 60's or not lol.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 PM

How do you measure .2lbs?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Karlen89
How do you measure .2lbs?
By the aeroforce scan gauge.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 AM

well, they aren't stage 2 injectors. btw, as i said earlier... about those 42lb injectors, they can use the stock wiring. the clips on the injectors will be green for stock, black for the stage kit injectors. both being GM injectors, they can use the stock harness which has black plugs.... non-GM 60lb injectors need a different wiring harness, sorry for that error before. moving on...

you're not just looking at the blue lock tab on the plug for the wiring harness, right? there's a little locking tab that holds the injector in, the connector for stage 1 & 2 injectors (42.5lb) are black, and green for stock.... if they are blue, they are aftermarket injectors, or perhaps an aftermarket harness of the harness plug is blue. to reiterate, the stock wiring harness works for stock and staged injectors, and has black plugs on the wiring harness. the stock injectors have green plugs, the stage injectors have black plugs. which part is blue?

and at 16.2 psi, you're pushin enough air to justifiably use 60lb injectors, the car sounds custom. the techs might say stage 2 because it is similar in output and install... non stock injectors, smaller pulley, etc. it sounds custom tuned.

Last edited by SprChrg4Life; 06-02-2009 at 04:56 AM. Reason: im a spell-checking-after-i-post whore
Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM

We actually figured it out last night...we were able to move the fuel rail and we could see the part number right ontop of the injector that is reallllllly small in grey writing. I do have the 42 injectors...Would it be worth upgrading to the 2.8 pulley and 60 injectors from the stage two? Huge difference power wise or what should I expect? Everything else I have on the car consists of a cold air intake, DC sport strut bar, Engine Damper, B&M short throw shifter, Gm Performance exhaust , Cobalt addiction header. Tire wise i'm running toyo proxy T1's.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:12 PM

really? and they are blue? they should be black...

either way, a part # is a part # why do you want to change them? do you plan on moddin the balt for more performance? you'll need a tune after you change injectors and pulley. there'll be a small difference, depends on the tune. spin that SC just a bit faster, add just a bit more fuel, and that = more power for sure. but before you do any of that, i'd suggest working on keeping the car cooler.

doesn't sound like any cooling mods are on the car. look at some of these threads:

dual pass endplate - https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/advanced-performance-modifications-130/dual-pass-intercooler-38126/
dual pass endplate install diagrams and flow chart - http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/pdfs/sidekit.pdf
adding a secondary cobra heat exchanger - https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...heat+exchanger

this will keep your intake air temperature post-SC cool, which will help avoid detonation and power loss from knock retarding, as well as set you up for the 2.8 and 60#s so that you can get more timing and safe HP.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:18 PM

if you go with a smaller pulley then 60's are a good idea, plus a tune and some type of cooling

no, stage 2 injectors are blue, I have the stage 2 and they're blue
Old 06-02-2009, 02:32 PM

they're blue? that's strange, cuz i looked for the color last night before i posted that ^^ there. every install guide i saw had black connectors on the stage kit injectors. thanks for clearing that up for us light'bolt, it's appreciated

if only www.gmpartsdirect.com had pictures to go with the part #'s!

so there ya have it, you have stage 2. cool that **** first tho!!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM

Yeah i'm going to continue on her. I love the car. Next will be the 2.8 and the 60's along with the tune. I figured next i'd get some the heat exchanger from ZZP
Old 06-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by SprChrg4Life
they're blue? that's strange, cuz i looked for the color last night before i posted that ^^ there. every install guide i saw had black connectors on the stage kit injectors. thanks for clearing that up for us light'bolt, it's appreciated

if only www.gmpartsdirect.com had pictures to go with the part #'s!

so there ya have it, you have stage 2. cool that **** first tho!!
i thought everyone knew this...
green = stock
blue = 42# gm stage two
black = 60's