2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

INTENSE Announces New Dyno Proven Stage Kits!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by epiphany
I know this has been answered for stage 5. But how much is install for stage 4. Im assuming less because of the lack of blower porting.
i would assume the same because of the fact that they have to take the blower off either way. you already are paying 300 for the ported blower so there is no more labor involved. i may be wrong though.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:15 AM

The install is $200 for Stage 4.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by WopOnTour
That's about it. If you send YOUR PCM to them, when you get it back- your old CASE values will still be stored in the PCM, so it wont have to be done.(possibly the theft deterrant relearn-but THAT you can do yourself following the procedure Intense provides)
BUT If you get a new PCM from Intense, then it will need to have the crankshaft variation relearn completed so the stored/learned value corrrectly matches the amount of error that exists in YOUR car. Most "trade grade" scan tools can do it. So it doesnt have to be a dealership. Look for shops that say they can do GM SPS (Service Programming) as then they likely have the neccessary experience.A lot of shops will have a minimum flat-rate charge for this type of scan tool service. (doesnt matter how long it actually takes) Sounds like your quote was a minimum 1hr. I would keep looking. Maybe try a few smaller private AC-Delco shops, which should have the necc scan tool, capable of doing the crankshaft variation relearn for CASE
OR
Find someone in your area with HP Tuners as it's scanner mode can do the CASE relearn on any LSJ

WOT

So if we sent them OUR PCM then we dont have to do the relearn?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
So if we sent them OUR PCM then we dont have to do the relearn?
Well I guess you'll have to call Intense to confirm that.
It really depends on how they decide to modify your tune i.e. direct edit or reflashing your PCM with HPT using "calibration only" vs. "write entire" options etc etc)
Wop
Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Premium Member

Finallty got the whole Stage 3 kit put in and I love it, need to go run it on a dyno now, and take it to the track. I'll post my dyno when I get it done.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WopOnTour
Well I guess you'll have to call Intense to confirm that.
It really depends on how they decide to modify your tune i.e. direct edit or reflashing your PCM with HPT using "calibration only" vs. "write entire" options etc etc)
Wop
It depends on your current OS. We always use the latest operating system available from GM for your VIN. If you have the latest OS then we can do a cal only right and you probably won't have to do a relearn. However if we use the latest OS code and do a full write you will probably have to do one. A CASE will not be required if you send your PCM in ahead of time and WILL need to be done if you get one from us initially (along with a security relearn).
Old 06-05-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue
It depends on your current OS. We always use the latest operating system available from GM for your VIN. If you have the latest OS then we can do a cal only right and you probably won't have to do a relearn. However if we use the latest OS code and do a full write you will probably have to do one. A CASE will not be required if you send your PCM in ahead of time and WILL need to be done if you get one from us initially (along with a security relearn).

Rogue, I didn't have to do ANY relearn procedures.

I know I didn't have the latest OS. I never took my car in for any updates, since I bought it in MAY 05'.

Does this mean you left my OS alone, and I still have the old one?