2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

A little confused

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 07touringcoupe
Oh ok i got you. Disconnecting the battery for like 5 mintues resets the ECU? But the code would come back on after it find it again right?

Question: Does this car have a Adaptive or Learning ECU?
yes, the code will come back.

What exactly do you mean by adaptive ECU? The PCM will adjust short term fuel trims and long term fuel trims to attempt to meet the programmed AFR.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rnjmur
yes, the code will come back.

What exactly do you mean by adaptive ECU? The PCM will adjust short term fuel trims and long term fuel trims to attempt to meet the programmed AFR.
I.E. I put a intake on. Will the ECU learn the intake without disconnecting the battery or will i have to disconnect the battery while im installing it to make it same like that how the car comes from the factory?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:15 AM

I.E. I put a intake on. Will the ECU learn the intake without disconnecting the battery or will i have to disconnect the battery while im installing it to make it same like that how the car comes from the factory?
The car will adjust itself. However, it can only adjust itself within the programmed values. To get the most gains out of any mod you still need to get a tune.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:35 PM

The car will adjust itself. However, it can only adjust itself within the programmed values. To get the most gains out of any mod you still need to get a tune.
Ok i got you.. Now shiftig.. Is there anythin to make te shifts feels more solid. Cuz for some reason i always mis 2nd and 4th. Its only those two gears thats hard to get in to tho
Old 08-05-2008, 02:38 PM

Ok i got you.. Now shiftig.. Is there anythin to make te shifts feels more solid. Cuz for some reason i always mis 2nd and 4th. Its only those two gears thats hard to get in to tho
I never have any problems with mine. Are you grinding when trying to get into 2nd or 4th? The linkage may need adjustment or something...
Old 08-05-2008, 02:52 PM

I never have any problems with mine. Are you grinding when trying to get into 2nd or 4th? The linkage may need adjustment or something...
no im not grinding at all. When i shift to fast it feels like im in gear but then when i step on the gas im in netural!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:43 AM

no im not grinding at all. When i shift to fast it feels like im in gear but then when i step on the gas im in netural!
Yeaht hat sounds like something at the linkage. It may just need an adjustment. I would just take it into the dealership and have them check it under warranty.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 PM

Yeaht hat sounds like something at the linkage. It may just need an adjustment. I would just take it into the dealership and have them check it under warranty.
i was thinking about that but that only happens when i shift into gear at high RPMS really fast!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM

What size is the stock blower? Do they make a bigger blower for these cars?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:56 PM

What size is the stock blower? Do they make a bigger blower for these cars?
It is an Eaton M62. They do have a Harrop TVS that you can put in now or a twin screw or you can go turbo.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:26 PM

It is an Eaton M62. They do have a Harrop TVS that you can put in now or a twin screw or you can go turbo.
What is a twin screw?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 AM

What is a twin screw?
It is just another type of supercharger. The stock SC is a roots type, just FYI.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 AM

i was thinking about that but that only happens when i shift into gear at high RPMS really fast!
I am having this exact same problem, fast shifts from 1st to 2nd, I feel it go into gear at 2nd but it revs up like its in nuetral. I am worried about bringing it to the dealer because it is only at high revs and with only 3k left on bumper to bumper I don't want them denying a claim because of "abuse".
Oddly I have never had this issue at all or even anything even remotely like it when shifting past second, only 1st to 2nd.

As for mods the first thing I did was go stage 2 with a 2.9 pulley, I am putting off the CAI because of the CEL, our emissions is annoying as hell and I don't want to risk anything, next will be exhaust (2.75" cat back). I am actually disappointed that this car has a 100k powertrain warranty because I want to go all out with the mods but my wife does not want me to risk voiding the warranty, mostly to prevent me from purging money the way I did on my SRT4. With $600 to spend I would go with Docs recommendation, if this warranty didn't exist its what I would do.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by rayek
I am having this exact same problem, fast shifts from 1st to 2nd, I feel it go into gear at 2nd but it revs up like its in nuetral. I am worried about bringing it to the dealer because it is only at high revs and with only 3k left on bumper to bumper I don't want them denying a claim because of "abuse".
Oddly I have never had this issue at all or even anything even remotely like it when shifting past second, only 1st to 2nd.

As for mods the first thing I did was go stage 2 with a 2.9 pulley, I am putting off the CAI because of the CEL, our emissions is annoying as hell and I don't want to risk anything, next will be exhaust (2.75" cat back). I am actually disappointed that this car has a 100k powertrain warranty because I want to go all out with the mods but my wife does not want me to risk voiding the warranty, mostly to prevent me from purging money the way I did on my SRT4. With $600 to spend I would go with Docs recommendation, if this warranty didn't exist its what I would do.
I got a intake on and i havent got a CEL! I didnt know a CAI cat make a light come on unless its installed wrong, seeing as tho the MAF has to be dealt with. 2.9 pulley? Do you have any cooling mods?

It is just another type of supercharger. The stock SC is a roots type, just FYI.
I know the stock blower is roots style, a twin screw isnt roots? Are there exactly ppl that take the blower off and add turbo? Why? If thats the case just buy a tubro car from the factory!

Last edited by 07touringcoupe; 08-12-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2008, 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=07touringcoupe;2726774]I got a intake on and i havent got a CEL! I didnt know a CAI cat make a light come on unless its installed wrong, seeing as tho the MAF has to be dealt with. 2.9 pulley? Do you have any cooling mods?

The stock air box is almost a CAI on its own so I just did AEM dry filter air box mod, seems to work fine, the main reason for it is that there is a nice looong thread comparing CAI's and most have thrown codes at some point, not everyone gets one but it happens. I haven't added cooling mods yet but I will eventually get the dual pass and/or meth injection, I don't race and half the time I am in traffic, mostly I like knowing the power is there if I need it and since I traded the SRT for this car I am not going crazy with mods this time, the Cobalt is a great commuter car with decent power, basically I plan on just the stage 2 with 2.9, cat back, and dual pass or meth depending on which is better for my needs, probably the HE.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=rayek;2727192]
I got a intake on and i havent got a CEL! I didnt know a CAI cat make a light come on unless its installed wrong, seeing as tho the MAF has to be dealt with. 2.9 pulley? Do you have any cooling mods?

The stock air box is almost a CAI on its own so I just did AEM dry filter air box mod, seems to work fine, the main reason for it is that there is a nice looong thread comparing CAI's and most have thrown codes at some point, not everyone gets one but it happens. I haven't added cooling mods yet but I will eventually get the dual pass and/or meth injection, I don't race and half the time I am in traffic, mostly I like knowing the power is there if I need it and since I traded the SRT for this car I am not going crazy with mods this time, the Cobalt is a great commuter car with decent power, basically I plan on just the stage 2 with 2.9, cat back, and dual pass or meth depending on which is better for my needs, probably the HE.
I feel you. Hey whatever floats your boat. But how does a CAI throw a code, if its only for induction purposes. If it doesnt throw a code after the first couple miles and your MAF is kept properly mangaed. How do you get a code?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:07 PM

Which stage is best to go with? GM stage 2 or Cobalt addiction stage 1? And also if i went wit the cobalt addiction stage 1 kit would my dealer be able to reflash my ECU for me?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 PM

I know the stock blower is roots style, a twin screw isnt roots? Are there exactly ppl that take the blower off and add turbo? Why? If thats the case just buy a tubro car from the factory!
As far as I know the twin screw is a roots blower. Here's the deal: there are 3 types of superchargers (that I know of)...roots (ie eaton, harrop) sits on top of the intake manifold, centrifugal (rotrex, kenne bell) looks like a turbo except it's pulley driven and still saps power, electrical (thomas knight) the stupidest thing I've seen it's centrifugal but operates with a standalone battery and basically you can run it for 10 seconds at 6-9psi then need to recharge it...doesn't sap power though.

I'm not really sure if a centrifugal supercharger is any more efficient than a roots blower, usually they weigh less though. I believe the trd blower for the scion tc is centrifugal as is the one in the mini cooper s (eaton).
Old 08-17-2008, 12:15 PM

Which stage is best to go with? GM stage 2 or Cobalt addiction stage 1? And also if i went wit the cobalt addiction stage 1 kit would my dealer be able to reflash my ECU for me?
Come on anybody! Do the ZZP pulley fit on the stock s/cer?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 PM

How long would it take for CA to retuen my PCM if i had them reflash it
Old 08-20-2008, 05:35 PM

Would a smaller pulley make the blower quiter? I hope not!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:44 AM

How long would it take for CA to retuen my PCM if i had them reflash it
I don't know. You can ask them. I would say 2 weeks... ??

Come on anybody! Do the ZZP pulley fit on the stock s/cer?
No. You have to take the stock pulley off and put a new hub on that will allow you to swap out pullies.

Would a smaller pulley make the blower quiter? I hope not!
A smaller pully will make the S/C louder. Of course, the loudness of the S/C is based on how far down you press the gas as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:34 PM

I don't know. You can ask them. I would say 2 weeks... ??

No. You have to take the stock pulley off and put a new hub on that will allow you to swap out pullies.

A smaller pully will make the S/C louder. Of course, the loudness of the S/C is based on how far down you press the gas as well.
My man thanks alot. Now does the GM stage 2 come with a hub? How do i get the stock pulley off? And also does a stage 2 raise the rev limtier?

Last edited by 07touringcoupe; 08-21-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 PM

... does the GM stage 2 come with a hub?
Yes it does.

... How do i get the stock pulley off?
It is a real bitch. You need to pull it off or even better have it pressed off. You also need to press the new hub on. It has to be on all the way or the belt won't line up. Also you have to be careful not to damage the S/C snout.

... And also does a stage 2 raise the rev limtier?
The stage 2 tune does raise the rev limiter to 7K.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:28 PM

Yes it does.

It is a real bitch. You need to pull it off or even better have it pressed off. You also need to press the new hub on. It has to be on all the way or the belt won't line up. Also you have to be careful not to damage the S/C snout.

The stage 2 tune does raise the rev limiter to 7K.
iight thats cool. So its a real bitch huh. Does it have to be pressed on/off with a machine? Or can simple hand tool get it done?

Quick Reply: A little confused