2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Major questions about tvs and about twincharging

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major questions about tvs and about twincharging

ok so now i have my money straight i see how much i have... i need to know what other supporting modifications i will need( i know a clutch... mines stock and slipping lol) in order to run the TVS blower on my lsj or even twincharging( using stock m62 )?

how strong are the internals( good for atleast 325?)?
What kinda rpm b4 the valves start to float and bad things happen(7500?)?
Will the gm stage clutch hold 325ish pritty good?
What kinda numbers do u think i will put down with the stock pully on the tvs along with a 75 25 Meth?
Would i be beter off geting a custom turbo kit made and going twin charged?( heard alot of great things about it and i can probably put 1 together for under a grand... and be twincharged)
Any problems with trying to tune a twincharged setup?
Anything i should know that i would need for a twincharged setup( besides the basics... turbo , manifold, fmic, piping, couplers, bov, wastegate( internal / external), Maf / place to put it in the piping.... is there anything i am just forgeting??
Also i NEED not even want to stay supercharged... Unless lol a super amazing turbo kit deal comes by i cant pass up( even then i might just make it work for a twin charged set up)
Old 07-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know how difficult doing your own twincharge set up is but I'd imagine it's not too easy. I recomend getting all your coolig mods in place first. That way there is nothing holding ou back if you go with TVS. Plus in the meantime you can drop pulley sizes and work on tuning till the TVS comes.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:13 AM

Internals are good past 325

my RPM is being set at 7200 for my TVS setup

tuning on twincharge is unbelievably difficult..real pain in the ass.. id stay TVS
Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 AM

yea i know most people say tvs or just turbo lol... but diffrent is sweet... who elce is like yeah my car is a supercharged turbocharged 4 banger... well besides the newb civic who wont pop his hood "because its a secret" lol ( true story)... all the noise was supressed by the anyoing half ass welded on fart can.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:17 AM

could put down 320 to 330.. all depends on tuning and supporting cooling mods and what not..

gm stage clutch i dont know about..may wanna look into spec stage 3 clutch or exedy hyper single clutch.. also.. clutch doesnt hold hp.. holds torque.. and either of those will hold the torque

i think ur best bet is to go with the TVS ...with the money u save going TVS instead of going bigger turbo kit u can build internals, get more cooling mods, more tuning, and end up having a stronger car in the end

phew..think i got it all lol

and ur right twincharge is very unique..but the tuning just makes it borderline impossible and a lot of them end up failing before they really get going because of it

Last edited by 06_SIC_SS; 07-03-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2009, 01:18 AM

lol yeah thanks alot but i can put a tiwn charged kit together for around 1k( give or take 200) and all i would need is tuned after that... Twincharged cheap and easy...( alot of saab 9-3 parts... turbo, manifold,)
Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nicksredline
lol yeah thanks alot but i can put a tiwn charged kit together for around 1k( give or take 200) and all i would need is tuned after that... Twincharged cheap and easy...( alot of saab 9-3 parts... turbo, manifold,)
You don't want to twincharge with a small turbo. Small factory turbos are designed for quick response on a motor that would otherwise make very little power. When you set up a twincharge system, you have to size the turbo to the existing motor including the supercharger. If the existing motor is already making over 200WHP, there is no advantage to running a small turbo. You want to run something capable of making far more horsepower than the supercharger would on it's own. Otherwise, it won't be worth it.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by nicksredline
ok so now i have my money straight i see how much i have... i need to know what other supporting modifications i will need( i know a clutch... mines stock and slipping lol) in order to run the TVS blower on my lsj or even twincharging( using stock m62 )?

how strong are the internals( good for atleast 325?)? 325 will hold
What kinda rpm b4 the valves start to float and bad things happen(7500?)? Valve Springs are in order to be safe over 7500
Will the gm stage clutch hold 325ish pritty good? It can for some time, then not so much... Look for the gm clutch upgrade.
What kinda numbers do u think i will put down with the stock pully on the tvs along with a 75 25 Meth?Stock pulley? ~300
Would i be beter off geting a custom turbo kit made and going twin charged?( heard alot of great things about it and i can probably put 1 together for under a grand... and be twincharged)Have fun tuning that one, and getting it to work right..
Any problems with trying to tune a twincharged setup?There can be
Anything i should know that i would need for a twincharged setup( besides the basics... turbo , manifold, fmic, piping, couplers, bov, wastegate( internal / external), Maf / place to put it in the piping.... is there anything i am just forgeting??More time then youll ever think of needing
Also i NEED not even want to stay supercharged... Unless lol a super amazing turbo kit deal comes by i cant pass up( even then i might just make it work for a twin charged set up) If your gonna put a turbo on it, its not really supercharged anymore... the supercharger is only going to help spool up the turbo, then it is no longer in use... If your trying to keep warranty.... LOLS
Answers in bold above.

Originally Posted by Matt M
You don't want to twincharge with a small turbo. Small factory turbos are designed for quick response on a motor that would otherwise make very little power. When you set up a twincharge system, you have to size the turbo to the existing motor including the supercharger. If the existing motor is already making over 200WHP, there is no advantage to running a small turbo. You want to run something capable of making far more horsepower than the supercharger would on it's own. Otherwise, it won't be worth it.
^^^ Yes Yes.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:27 AM

Thanks alot everyone... ok so i beleave i am geting a tvs now... i might have come accrost a descent priced 1 that i just have barley enough money for lol.. but atleast i will have it and now i just need a dual pass endplate while i am puttin the tvs in/on.( easier than taking it back off again)
Old 07-04-2009, 10:23 AM

i think uve made the right decision
Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my tvs will be in on tuesday, cant wait. Should try twincharging with the tvs
Old 07-04-2009, 11:42 AM

yeah... or internals first lol... my car is going tohave problems with just the tvs let alone more boost at even higher rpm's.... ultra problems... i think after the tvs i am going to get my head and intake manifold ported.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 AM

My opinion the internals are perfectly fine for our cars, just dont lean ur car out and ur fine ;P
Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 PM

wow sweet to see another columbus person on here lol... wana do some work :P when i get the tvs i am going to put on

H/E, dualpass( if i can get 1 cheap) , tvs, Progessive devils own, 79's . I know how to work on cars but i just dont feel like doing it lol.... but i hope to have the tvs soon and get tuned by wicked and go from there. Still glad to see another c-bus member on here
Old 07-04-2009, 12:29 PM

U can get a dual pass for like 100 bucks... new...

Dont bother with a progressive kit... Standard is the better route, actually...
Old 07-04-2009, 12:40 PM

i already own a progessive kit... but i just need to wait for some 1 to get back on and awncer me about selling the tvs to me...
Old 07-04-2009, 12:43 PM

wickeds tuning my TVS
Old 07-04-2009, 12:52 PM

humm well sounds nice... now i just have to see if the person is still selling there tvs... lol i think he is on but is not responding( not lookin good lol ) might have 2 get 1 elce where i guess.