2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Official Turbo LSJ thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 10:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by armcclure
So the head port functions just like stock? With a check valve in line running from that port to post-tb vac?
yes, check valve in place. Hahns manifolds come that way, retaining the stock configuration. I even used pressurized air to check one side and the other. Air will not enter the head at boost since its forcing the check valve closed. When vacuum comes on hard after the TB shuts and you are in decel the check valve opens up under vacuum pulling air from the head.

I cant speak for others setups but mine is pretty much the way gm designed it with bigger more free flowing fittings and a catch can.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:07 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by c130aviator

yes, check valve in place. Hahns manifolds come that way, retaining the stock configuration. I even used pressurized air to check one side and the other. Air will not enter the head at boost since its forcing the check valve closed. When vacuum comes on hard after the TB shuts and you are in decel the check valve opens up under vacuum pulling air from the head.

I cant speak for others setups but mine is pretty much the way gm designed it with bigger more free flowing fittings and a catch can.
Bigger isn't always better. Now that I know how your lines are set up, ill work on a diagram showing how different yours is from stock. You're kinda screwed either way running a blow-trough without true SD, but there's a way around it.
And words aren't workin so maybe pictures will lol
Old 08-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love you Armclure.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rockford_Redline
I love you Armclure.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 PM

Would a p0315 effect tuning my car?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 PM

Ill save you the trouble, I aint changing it.
You could convince me and my eyes opened to your revelations but for the fact that its doing what I want it to do there is no reason to.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mongo like piktarz
Old 08-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
so agree or disagree:
the pcv system is used to consume crankcase vapors in the combustion process instead of venting them to the atmosphere. Fresh air from the intake system is supplied to the crankcase mixed with blow by gases and then passed through a calibrated orifice into the intake manifold.
Thw primary control is through the pcv orifice which meters the flow depending on inlet vacuum. The pcv orifice is an integral part of the rocker cover.
if abnormal operating conditions occur, the system is designed to allow excessive amounts of blow by gases to backflow through the crankcase vent into the intake system to be consumed by normal combustion.

The moment you significantly change your engine the requirements will change. If you change the orifice sizes in the PCV system then the system wont function as designed. The best you can say if you mod your car and it runs well, is that it runs well.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Killa SS
I got them. He says thats not what he needs :/ I need some one who knows what there doing
Any way you can email me a copy of the current tune?
Old 08-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
so agree or disagree:
the pcv system is used to consume crankcase vapors in the combustion process instead of venting them to the atmosphere. Fresh air from the intake system is supplied to the crankcase mixed with blow by gases and then passed through a calibrated orifice into the intake manifold.
Thw primary control is through the pcv orifice which meters the flow depending on inlet vacuum. The pcv orifice is an integral part of the rocker cover.
if abnormal operating conditions occur, the system is designed to allow excessive amounts of blow by gases to backflow through the crankcase vent into the intake system to be consumed by normal combustion.

The moment you significantly change your engine the requirements will change. If you change the orifice sizes in the PCV system then the system wont function as designed. The best you can say if you mod your car and it runs well, is that it runs well.
If in fact what you are saying is true then my system is working as stock. Under vacuum the check valve is opening in the head pulling out the gases in the crank case and into the intake manifold, the tube from my 3/8" breather is pulling fresh air from my turbo intake pre-turbo as it would pre-supercharger. At any rate whether changing just the orifices to some slightly larger than a coffee stirrer is hurting it I would disagree. However I do see the need for the head not to be blocked off and for the check valve to be in place to allow the boost to not enter the head but only pull gasses from it. In that case again my setup is working as gm had designed except with the addition of a catch can in the system.

What you have said here if anything is boosted my confidence that what I came up with for PCV is effective.

Last edited by c130aviator; 08-10-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Laser_Blue
Would a p0315 effect tuning my car?
Yes it will since you timing is off and valves are not opening and closing as they should. I would be less worried about the tune and more worried about interference from the valves hitting the pistons and destroying my head, block, etc.

Originally Posted by SylverSS/SC
Mongo like piktarz
There is a forum for that.

Pictures & Videos - Cobalt SS Network
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by c130aviator;7125532[B
[I]

If in fact what you are saying is true
then my system is working as stock. Under vacuum the check valve is opening in the head pulling out the gases in the crank case and into the intake manifold, the tube from my 3/8" breather is pulling fresh air from my turbo intake pre-turbo as it would pre-supercharger. At any rate whether changing just the orifices to some slightly larger than a coffee stirrer is hurting it I would disagree. However I do see the need for the head not to be blocked off and for the check valve to be in place to allow the boost to not enter the head but only pull gasses from it. In that case again my setup is working as gm had designed except with the addition of a catch can in the system.

What you have said here if anything is boosted my confidence that what I came up with for PCV is effective.
Just lol.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
Just lol.
I was making a very valid point but hey being cynical is cool too. smh
Old 08-10-2013, 09:48 PM

Mess with the best, go down with the rest
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 PM

No, you're being a cocky *****. Here we're trying to help and you're just sticking you're nose in the air and saying "I don't care cuz my way works"

Well guess what? It doesn't. You have very little crankcase vac thanks to your bypassing the stock fresh air CALIBRATED inlet, and the oil you're catching in your can is from blow-by, not ventilation.

I'm done with your bullshit attitude. You DON'T know what you're talking about, and no matter how much I try to dumb it down for you, you just close your eyes, plug your ears, and shout blah blah blah I'm not listening!

If anyone else wants help setting up a proper pcv for a blow-through setup, you know where the pm button is.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:24 PM

1 page ago it was a bunch of people disagreeing with you armcclure, I spoke up and now am being a cocky *****? You guys dont know me from Adam... I could be your best best friend but it would seem the click has swayed from time to time and I take it that not everyone agrees with everyone but god forbid you disagree with someone... Oh you are a ***** you are cocky, you are blah, I just had someone on the last page that had a similar setup working for them too. The whole thing is really silly to argue over...
Old 08-10-2013, 10:27 PM

Is there a like button on CSS.net?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 PM

1 page ago it was a bunch of people disagreeing with you armcclure, I spoke up and now am being a cocky *****? You guys dont know me from Adam... I could be your best best friend but it would seem the click has swayed from time to time and I take it that not everyone agrees with everyone but god forbid you disagree with someone... Oh you are a ***** you are cocky, you are blah, I just had someone on the last page that had a similar setup working for them too. The whole thing is really silly to argue over...
It's about the health and lifespan of your and other people's engines. Post after post I was polite and trying to help you guys understand.
This is not something you can just "disagree" on. The pcv works a certain way, and THAT IS IT!
But you refuse to accept the possibility that you're wrong. You see oil in your can, and think its doing good.

This is literally as simple as you saying 2+2=5. And no matter what logic I use, you refuse to see that it's not.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rockford_Redline
Is there a like button on CSS.net?
I know right, i would totally "like" your post that turbo spool breaks rings/ringlands.

It's about the health and lifespan of your and other people's engines. Post after post I was polite and trying to help you guys understand.
This is not something you can just "disagree" on. The pcv works a certain way, and THAT IS IT!
But you refuse to accept the possibility that you're wrong. You see oil in your can, and think its doing good.

This is literally as simple as you saying 2+2=5. And no matter what logic I use, you refuse to see that it's not.
The oil in the can is better than the oil in your throttle body and sensors. Didnt you say the stock baffles sucked just days ago? You said it was gunking crap up. That stock sucks.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 PM

No, you're being a cocky *****. Here we're trying to help and you're just sticking you're nose in the air and saying "I don't care cuz my way works"

Well guess what? It doesn't. You have very little crankcase vac thanks to your bypassing the stock fresh air CALIBRATED inlet, and the oil you're catching in your can is from blow-by, not ventilation.

I'm done with your bullshit attitude. You DON'T know what you're talking about, and no matter how much I try to dumb it down for you, you just close your eyes, plug your ears, and shout blah blah blah I'm not listening!

If anyone else wants help setting up a proper pcv for a blow-through setup, you know where the pm button is.
Actually you're being the cocky ***** lol all you're posting is I'm right all you guys are wrong, if that's not cocky idk what is
Old 08-10-2013, 10:51 PM

Actually you're being the cocky *****. All you're posting is I'm right and you're all wrong, if that's not cocky idk what is
Old 08-10-2013, 10:53 PM

I know right, i would totally "like" your post that turbo spool breaks rings/ringlands.

The oil in the can is better than the oil in your throttle body and sensors. Didnt you say the stock baffles sucked just days ago? You said it was gunking crap up. That stock sucks.
Yes, the stock baffling sucks. So add a can. I absolutely never said a separator was a bad idea, not sure why your point was there...
Anyway, that's fine. But keep the stock port on the back of the vc so that you actually have some vac on the case when out of boost.

By drilling a hole and using a larger like you've increased airflow through the crankcase but lost vac. This is also a big vac leak that youre now forced to tine around. The oil in your can is blowby. As is the gunk on a stock tb/s inlet.
Your system is working like a stock one but is different on these ways:
Your fresh air inlet is too big. You have less case vac than stock
It is unmetered air, causing a self-made vac leak that you must tune around.

The only benefit you've made is that when your rings are trashed thanks to not having proper case vac, at least is wont pop the dipstick and make a mess thanks to your added line.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by steveobed

Actually you're being the cocky *****. All you're posting is I'm right and you're all wrong, if that's not cocky idk what is
Well, simply put, I am right on this. It's not a subject that can be determined by opinion.
I started out nice. I'm posting MUCH MORE than "I'm right you're wrong"
I've explained it over and over. And over. And people keep butting back just for the simple fact they can't accept they their way isn't the right way.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:02 PM

Well, simply put, I am right on this. It's not a subject that can be determined by opinion.
I started out nice. I'm posting MUCH MORE than "I'm right you're wrong"
I've explained it over and over. And over. And people keep butting back just for the simple fact they can't accept they their way isn't the right way.
I agree, all I'm saying is you're being hypocritical by calling c130 cocky when you're being just as cocky, neither of you are going to get through to the other, that's just how arguments go lol
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by steveobed

I agree, all I'm saying is you're being hypocritical by calling c130 cocky when you're being just as cocky, neither of you are going to get through to the other, that's just how arguments go lol
I wouldn't say cocky. Just fed up.
Oh all admit I'm getting a little pissed and frustrated, but you would too.
Apparently they call this place the short bus for a reason.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo LSJ thread!!!