2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

option b and dual pass.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
option b and dual pass.

Not a question about what it does but more of who should i go with when i purchase this(OTTP, ZZP,CED?) all seem to have the same thing. is one more complete than the other? is one better made? as of right now im leaning towards ZZP with credit card in hand and i can order them tgether. has anyone had a problem with this kit?

Thanks ahead of time!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 PM

sub.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Option B is the most important part of the equation to make sure you get the air out of the aftercooler system. That means a restricted line from the top of the (oem) heat exchanger. The stock T bottle is hopelessly ineffective on the LSJ aftercooler system.

The next is dual pass. Thats a little more involved, and requires great care re and re the end plate, swapping the laminova cores end for end, and replumbing the hoses.

My preference is to use the Saturn coolant bottle with decent brackets; you can buy the dual pass end plate where ever you wish. I use OTTP parts fyi....CED sell the GM one, OTTP is a clone, as I am sure ZZP is, I am not sure if GM sell the coolant bottle mounting brackets Tom at CED can tell you if they do...I am not sure if any of these folks sell the extra hose you need, and the "T"'s and "Y"'s are important...P.S GM have good "how to" instructions I think they are on this site....
Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by qwikredline
Option B is the most important part of the equation to make sure you get the air out of the aftercooler system. That means a restricted line from the top of the (oem) heat exchanger. The stock T bottle is hopelessly ineffective on the LSJ aftercooler system.

The next is dual pass. Thats a little more involved, and requires great care re and re the end plate, swapping the laminova cores end for end, and replumbing the hoses.

My preference is to use the Saturn coolant bottle with decent brackets; you can buy the dual pass end plate where ever you wish. you need, and the "T"'s and "Y"'s are important...P.S GM have good "how to" instructions I think they are on this site....
So this option B kit comes with everything we need... \/ And the dual-pass just helps it work even better?

http://www.ottperformance.com/store/...Kit-11p924.htm
Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
So this option B kit comes with everything we need... \/ And the dual-pass just helps it work even better?

http://www.ottperformance.com/store/...Kit-11p924.htm
yes I have not looked at that link before, it has all you need. If it was me I would go single pass over dual pass, but I only know about the ones I make and they are not cheap...

But also I would buy a GNR style racing griffin h/e before I spent money on dual pass, if money was tight. So you would have option B , four pass and a better h/e, double the core thickness and tanks, in the stock location...
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM

I get what your saying qwik, but im pretty set on going with the mainstream here and going with one of these kits.

let me put the question this way. if you were to pick a kit from one of these three companies, which one would you pick and why?

thanks for the answers so far though.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Mclovin23
I get what your saying qwik, but im pretty set on going with the mainstream here and going with one of these kits.

let me put the question this way. if you were to pick a kit from one of these three companies, which one would you pick and why?

i bought my opt. b from zzp, and it is a very nice kit. the bracket you get with the zzp kit is great quality, and best off all you don't have to drill to mount it.

someday i want to purchase the griffin h/e ....
Old 03-03-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mclovin23

OTTP because they are nice and do good work. I make the option B tank brackets for them lol

CED because Tom is very good to deal with very good GM parts prices

ZZP because I really like the way Zoomer puffs his chest out and abuses customers and vendors alike....not...I have no idea how his option B parts are, I figure they cant be terrible but look at hte ZZP downpipes????
Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
i ordered the ottp option B kit with brackets that require for no drilling from ottp. not sure if it matters but i receieved it within days of ordering and it came with everything needed. i have the dual pass SMG made ( clone to GM ).
My only issue is the giant red hose i got from ottp. id rather have it have been black, but nothing a can of spray paint cant fix.
OTTP would be my reccomendation for this part
Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 PM

excellent. thanks guys thats what i was looking for!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 PM

ive made my mind up