2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ottp longtube q

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ottp longtube q

ok i decided im gonna buy this header i jus need to know if i should go catted or not any ideas?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by coltsfan14
ok i decided im gonna buy this header i jus need to know if i should go catted or not any ideas?
go catted unless you like hearing rasp
Old 01-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
I have no cat and don't have rasp
Old 01-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
I have no cat and don't have rasp
x2!!

Get the right muffler and resonator combination, and you will have zero rasp.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM

x3!!!

I have a magnaflow RESONATOR and a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler 27inches long, and I have zero rasp with a full 3 inch exhaust system, catless and it sounds truly amazing. I absolutely love it!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 AM

By the way, it would be a much wiser option to go with the zzp longtube header then ottp's.

The problem with ottp is that they are not stocking a lot of them and supposedly make them to order and it takes roughly 2 weeks. ZZP has them in stock and is of equal if not higher quality. The thing I know about ZZP is that they test there products and design them correctly from the get go.

If neither company is providing data with power loss / gains, it's either A because the product actually isn't good for our vehicles, or B because it's not what anyone expected and might be the same exact gain as a mid length, or maybe you lose a lot in the mid end but gain 2 whp in the high end.

Who the hell knows how it's going to perform vs other things as no testing has been done besides a skewed result imo.

Either way, if you are smart you will go with ZZP. There product testing, strictly in my opinion, is higher and better than that of kids. This does not mean I am a zzp fan boy, nor do I like them, but in this comparison and choice between the 2 headers, I would go zzp all day long, even knowing the fact that there company have had issues in the exhaust department many times before.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM

Hell I never even answered the ops question haha. In my opinion you should go catless. You will see less boost, which is better. Also the exhaust is flowing better / more freely without a cat so that is a plus. You can also make more power without a cat and get better gas mileage (nothing that you could possibly notice but it's still a fact).

The only reason to get a cat is strictly for two things, sounds and emissions. If you are smart you don't care about emissions and saving the world and you aren't a tree hugger AND if you are smart you will get the right combination of resonator/muffler so you don't have any rasp or annoying high pitched honda sounds coming from your exhaust lol.

With all of this in mind, go catless.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

they are made of the same material....
Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SuckMyBalts
By the way, it would be a much wiser option to go with the zzp longtube header then ottp's.

The problem with ottp is that they are not stocking a lot of them and supposedly make them to order and it takes roughly 2 weeks. ZZP has them in stock and is of equal if not higher quality. The thing I know about ZZP is that they test there products and design them correctly from the get go.

If neither company is providing data with power loss / gains, it's either A because the product actually isn't good for our vehicles, or B because it's not what anyone expected and might be the same exact gain as a mid length, or maybe you lose a lot in the mid end but gain 2 whp in the high end.

Who the hell knows how it's going to perform vs other things as no testing has been done besides a skewed result imo.

Either way, if you are smart you will go with ZZP. There product testing, strictly in my opinion, is higher and better than that of kids. This does not mean I am a zzp fan boy, nor do I like them, but in this comparison and choice between the 2 headers, I would go zzp all day long, even knowing the fact that there company have had issues in the exhaust department many times before.
i rest my case
Old 01-21-2011, 11:55 AM

So you are telling me that this forum isn't full of people with opinions? MMK GUY. You have an opinion as do I. If you would like, go over the vendor section of these forums and see the issues that OTTP has been having lately with shipping things out and not getting parts sent etc. ALSO I am pretty sure you can ask sean/josh directly and they will say that it takes time, *more then zzp* to get a long tube setup made.

I could be wrong, but this is what I have heard. They might have 400 setups ready and made to be shipped out, but if that were the case I wouldn't be hearing about people not getting there order for over 2 weeks. You can order from zzp and get your stuff within 3 days.

I have had great service from ottp and rarely buy from zzp. However in this one scenario with the long tubes, I trust zzp more. I don't necessarily think longer is better, if that were the case why would we even have cat backs we should just have a giant header with a resonator and muffler on it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Material means absolutely nothing, for the most part that is. When dealing with headers its the way they are designed, not what they are made out of. Everyone is smart enough to use the right materials, but making sure they are the right length, right size and have the right bends is another story.

It's the same thing with the noodle header, I bet that thing is absolutely amazing because it's "equal" and is made of the same materials right? Get outta here.

As it sits now there hasn't been enough testing by either vendor to prove gains or losses. The only thing zzp has provided, imo, is a skewed result which doesn't show us much. However that is MORE then ottp showed. I would rather trust a company with a car that is showing a high hp vehicle with that header, then absolutely nothing?

The way I see it is, is if ottp wanted to sell a lot of these and knew they added a decent amount of power over stock / other aftermarket headers then why not show the gains? Why only let certain fan boys buy them and not market them to everyone and say "these are the best on the market" blah blah blah. When you KNOW a product is good, you market it that it is. It seems to me like they should be providing results, both companies that is.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

no what im saying is this forum and especially this forum goes on here say, he said she said and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon and says well i heard from this guys cousins uncles aunt that was blowing her boss' secraterys half cousin that a is better than b and thats the bottom line and half the forum raises their hands up in a fist and says YES and starts marching.

JUST like the current lightweight crank pulley threads. everyone is saying i heard these blow motors.
whos? one person on here whos blown a motor? oh no one? but they throw out their opinion without facts.

Now as to this topic
FACT - they are made of the same material
Opinion - ottps takes longer to ship than zzp

What I would like to see from both though is a dead on comparison, same car, same day, no tuning adjustments
Old 01-21-2011, 12:03 PM

How about this.

Fact - It HAS taken ottp longer to get the long tube header to a customer then it has zzp.
Fact - Neither company has provided us with enough results
Fact - We all would like more results.
Fact - ZZP has headers made and ready to ship the same day.
Fact - ZZP has had exhaust problems in the past.
Fact - I am not stating hearsay per say, just restating what has been said in the vendor section and posts here from members who have bought the header from ottp.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

reputable post ill give you that
Old 01-21-2011, 12:11 PM

<3 I am not trying to get into an arguement by any means man. I am no fan boy, I just buy whichever product performs better, or that I will think will perform better when there is no proof, or the product that will get to me guaranteed lol.

When people make posts about not even getting parts or about getting parts extremely late, it turns me away from wanting to deal with that company, no matter what the excuse is. Sick or not, 2 people running the place or not, running it out of a house or not, I don't care, when I place an order, when anyone places an order that company has an obligation to get that part/parts out asap, especially when it's a high dollar order.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

this is true good post.

My view is I respect what ZZP has done. Their parts do seem to get the job done. A while back Zoomer was posting with such arrogance and ignorance it turned alot of people off to them, myself being one. And then after that Matt would come in and trail my posts arguing every point he could, i told him time and time again pm me and he never did. my take on that was he did not want to resolve the issue but let it linger.
I like seeing how far ryans car has been pushed. I think thats what this community needs more of. People stepping up, testing, evolving, however the attitudes at that point in time were less than childish. I dont hold any hard feelings for them, they seem to be taking this community in the right direction. I have not ordered from them in 3 years because of that, but i will consider them when I do my head build this coming fall. I know my shopping list of what i want, and am simply going to look for the best price
for
valve springs
valves
upgraded tensioner
head gasket

I already have neutral balance shafts, and fred from SMG is going to be doing the install/porting of the head as well as the dyno tuning to follow
Old 01-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
What do ya know another OTTP question turned into an OTTP vs ZZP debate...
Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM

Of course, why lead someone to the desert when you know where the water is?

07metallicsc - Just remember if you go with the zzp valve springs they are single coil whereas the supertechs are dual coils. Personally I feel dual coils are better for our application, however single coils do get the job done also.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have our headers in stock and they will ship the same day you order. We resolved flange issues by going to a V-band setup. our headers are lower cost than OTT.

In terms of who will give you better service or ship times. Read the top 10 posts in the vendor sections about OTT and ZZP, then decide who deserves your business.

ZZ Performance - Cobalt SS Network

Over The Top Performance - Cobalt SS Network
Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and it possible to just cut your 2 bolt flange off say your midlength header and replace it with a v band correct?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by SuckMyBalts
Of course, why lead someone to the desert when you know where the water is?
I know what you mean. But he didn't ask which header he should go with. He asked if he should go catless or not.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:46 AM

ughhh well i looked at both zzp and ottp and i was looking for cheaper prices which zzp does have... i decided im going catless but now that this debate is in i am now clueless on wat one i want
Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by coltsfan14
ughhh well i looked at both zzp and ottp and i was looking for cheaper prices which zzp does have... i decided im going catless but now that this debate is in i am now clueless on wat one i want
They are both a great product. You won't be disappointed with either header. But like suckmybalts said, if you are in a rush an want it now you will get it faster from ZZP. OTTP builds to spec. If you look there are more options to choose from from OTTP than ZZP. If you decide to go OTTP contact Josh or Sean and talk to them first to make sure you arent waiting forever for a header.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm well i have till friday to pick soo im going catless and ill neeed a extra bung bc im gonna be running a wideband and also for the cat back any ideas to not make is raspy?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 PM

If you don't want any rasp, run a dynomax super turbo muffler, this will solve all of your issues .

Be smart man, order from zzp. Like zooomer said, do the math on this one and check out the vendor section.