2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Parts Evaluation.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts Evaluation.

The main reason why I made this thread is to let people know what I do and don't like about all the products that I have bought.

I will start with the GM STAGE 2 Kit.
The kit is absolutely great. I think its wonderful for people who want to keep their warranty but do not want to make a ton of power.

The Injen cold air intake I have absolutely no complaints about. It allows the car to breathe a little bit better and allows you to hear the supercharger more.

The exhaust. I first started with a custom 3 inch exhaust with a magnaflow muffler, while everything else was stock. That was a bad plan, it was to loud. I then bought a zzp header and downpipe catless and through that on. That was a bad plan, the zzp downpipe broke at the flex pipe because it was crimped and was a poor design. So i got a zzp downpipe with a magnaflow cat in return to give them another try. This idea wasn't to bad as it has been on the car for a few months now no problems. However the car was still loud. The best thing I did to my exhaust was add the glass pack for a resonator. I really at first didnt think it would do much, but man, it REALLY toned it down.

The AEM Methanol kit is absolutely wonderful and does its job. It keeps the iat2's down, and keeps me from getting any knock.

The AEM Wideband however is a little bit off. It jumps around while driving, it will go from 12 to 15 to 14 to 13 to 12.4 to 14.7 to 14.9 to 15.3 and keeps jumping around. I wish it was a little more steady, but still overall not a horrible product. It lets you know when you are running to rich, and lets you know when you are running to lean. When you hit WOT - wide open throttle, it becomes much much more stable.

I love absolutely all of my gauges on my a pillar and I love the a pillar in itself. I got the mechanical boost gauge because its much more accurate then the stock gauge. I got the fuel pressure gauge for obvious reasons, to monitor my fuel pressure, and I got the interceptor because of all of the amazing things that it does. I really like the interceptor as it can monitor my iat2s, and my knock, misfires, etc.

The short throw shifter is nice and have no complaints with it. It makes every day driving a little more enjoyable because every time you shift, you just smile knowing that its a little bit shorter and you remember the good times you had with your buddies prying off the stock shift boot

The cx racing heat exchanger, dual pass end plate with option b, and meth are the 3 most important parts of my car. These cooling mods are HIGHLY recommend to anyone that has this car. I would do all 3 of these over again in a heart beat.

As far as the projectors go, at first they were a pain to aim, however once you get accustomed to them, which took me several painful hours, it really isn't all that hard. I have 6k hid lows and can see perfectly at night. I also have 6k hid high beams.

The ingalls torque dampener was one of my favorite mods. It was VERY noticeable and helped with wheel hop quite a bit. However if I had to do it over again, i would PROBABLY go with the solid motor mount, but I am not yet sure on this.

The eibach sportlines are nice. They allow you to be more aggressive in the turns and gives the car a very mean looking stance. I like how low it is, however the ride has suffered. The ride is much harsher and on bad rounds can be felt. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it can be pretty harsh on some roads. I recommend and plan on upgrading either the struts, or going with coilovers. I more then likely will sell the springs and switch to coilovers in the near future.

On the way I have a rear sway bar, tranny mounts, 50 shot of nitrous, 2.8inch pulley, 60lb injectors and a tune coming. Once these are installed I will re-evaluate this thread.

Hopefully this will help people in purchasing there items.

I want to thank my sponsors www.ottperformance.com and Aaron from www.turbotechracing.com and last but not least Mike from www.3bspecialties.com
Old 08-16-2008, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed for future opinions