2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

quick notes on D.I.Y.S. stage II install(hub/pulley)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick notes on D.I.Y.S. stage II install(hub/pulley)

finished the stage II install up yesterday hub/pully and will be going to get the flash/injector part in a day or two when i get the chance.

quick notes for anybody wanting to save some cash and do this..

can it be done.. yes
need to be master mechanic.. no
are you going to cuss your head off.. yes x2

used: zzp pully puller (rental)

bitch spots to note:

Belt (this will **** you off until you find the right technique inorder to not have wrench slip.. to get belt off i used Vice Grips, when installing.. i found the technique with the wrench... this is a 2 person job)

Bottom sensor under the Blower that people says needs to be removed (**** that sensor its a headache.. i could not remove this even when i unclipped it)... better solution..
Remove the TB (4 bolts > sensor)

bars given to hold plates in zzp pully system while removing/installing stock pulley/new hub are a complete joke.. BREAKER BARSare needed and will make life 100x easier (i used my jack bar.. both pieces)

took me and my roommate approx 3.5 hrs... we actually fucked up to begin with and put the hub on backwards.. without this delay.. job could of been done in under 2 hours.

outcome:
driveability so far is fine.. car acts completely normal and all is well.. i have only pedalled a little just to ensure everything was aligned and nothing stupid is happening.. saw approx 14.5-15 lbs around 6k on the 1 run of giving slight hell.. now just for the flash/injectors and call it done.