2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

rattling whisper resonator...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rattling whisper resonator...

so this is the second one so far... still rattles... and i know its not my car because when i have a straight piece of pipe in there it dosent rattle just loud as ****

zzp says that they will take it back but if they dont find anything wrong with it, then i wont get my money back... and i have to pay shipping of coarse... so i ask them well what are you gonna do install it on a car? she says "no... i dont know maybe shake it or something"... WTF shake it

after all the **** i bought from them in my sig and they wont trust me that it rattles

im gonna try and get it on video, ya know like a sound clip or something... i dont know what else to do, is anyone else having this problem... it makes my car sound like **** in drive throughs and next to people at a red light... sounds like a heat shield, but mine are all removed, i dont have any...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 05-27-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 PM

bump
Old 06-01-2008, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
so this is the second one so far... still rattles... and i know its not my car because when i have a straight piece of pipe in there it dosent rattle just loud as ****

zzp says that they will take it back but if they dont find anything wrong with it, then i wont get my money back... and i have to pay shipping of coarse... so i ask them well what are you gonna do install it on a car? she says "no... i dont know maybe shake it or something"... WTF shake it

after all the **** i bought from them in my sig and they wont trust me that it rattles

im gonna try and get it on video, ya know like a sound clip or something... i dont know what else to do, is anyone else having this problem... it makes my car sound like **** in drive throughs and next to people at a red light... sounds like a heat shield, but mine are all removed, i dont have any...
Mine does the same thing!! Its worse when its cold.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is looking like this is a heat shield issue. Either the resonator rattling against the heat shield or causing it to vibrate and rattle.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
It is looking like this is a heat shield issue. Either the resonator rattling against the heat shield or causing it to vibrate and rattle.
no as i stated before... i have no heat shields, there all removed but anyways...

went to a high performance exhaust shop and we checked everything with it running while on the lift its deff thee resonator...

we checked for leaks, clearence, and then listened for where it was coming from...

they said the material the resonator is made from is to thin causing a pinging/tinging noise in the resonator...

they think it is beasause of having no cat... and that the only thing that would help is to heat wrap the whole thing dp and all (because the noise can be heard from there as well... they said it might take two rolls at $50 a piece...

i told them i would think about it and let you know what they said...

they are trying to get me to replace with a 36" magnaflow 6" round can type for $120 installed...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 06-10-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Magnaflow doesn't make a 6" diameter 3" ID resonator. No one does except ZZP.

I think we're back to needing the unit here for testing/repair/replacement.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:27 PM

yeah, thats just the last thing i wanna do right now because it involves money which i dont have much of...

im just having to actually think about this and question myself... maybe i am just to picky and im looking for something im never gonna get...

maybe there is nothing wrong with your product and i am just not satisfied... the more people i talk to seem to think im being a little too picky...

basically im wanting my car to sound stock or close to it when it is not... it is far from stock and i think this may be one of those things were you just have to live with it...

so yeah i quess i need to go to like a meet or something were i can compare to some one else and see if it is me thats too picky or if there really is a difference then we will know

but when you listened to the video you heard something to right???