2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Rebel Auto Worxs Twin Screw tuning session and Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribed
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 AM

IMHO This kit is more expensive than what it is worth (in power adding, not in R&D/parts). I do love the sound that the twin screw puts out. I do like the conservatively tuned numbers here. However, >$3000 isn't my cup of tea for ~300whp.
On the other hand, I give mad props to Rebel for turning out a kit like this in such a timely manner. Congrats, and I hope this does well for you. I really hope that with the exhaust and tune you see upwards of 300whp.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Eng@RebelAutoWorxs
that is correct, this biggest gain here is the efficiency of the TS and it's ability to compress with lower heat generation.

This engine can handle 300WHP no problem, remember the turbo cobalt (325whp)
And what size exhaust does one have to buy? 3 inch? I have a plan in mind if a 3 inch is what is needed.

So no seeing 400whp out of these blowers, huh? That is a shame, I would have loved to have that much HP out of a SC.

And are you all going to be making smaller pullies for this thing? I would suspect small pullies would get close to that 400whp mark?

If this thing makes over 300whp stock, I DEFINITELY want this thing!! And if it can bolt up to a 2.4, I will go find a 2.4L and buy the crap outta it!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:35 AM

The cost of the kit will be somewhere around $3000-3500US, remember it comes with a dual pass setup, bypass valve and ability to easily run water/meth or nitrous after the SC.
What if a person already has the dual pass and meth?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Dude, back off. He didn't read it all, if you didn't have much ncie to say, why jump on his ass. Why not help him out? He may not understand all the technical stuff I know I don't all the time.

Yo Pete, evidentally this thing will be running at 20psi, more than the stock, or the stage 2. But, it said something like, it will make low 300 something HP. And with full header back exhaust, it will make 300s, then with smaller pullies, mid 300s. Evidentally no 400s, I could be wrong though.

Yes you should, if you don't know, you should ask.
I was just joking take a chill pill bud. What is he your boy toy.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Matty
What if a person already has the dual pass and meth?
In addition, with a abtter tune and smaller pullies (made by rebel I take it), whats the MAX hp one could see?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:38 AM

hopefully they get an exhaust on and good tuning soon.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by shawns94
Keep that comment out of this thread. There is no purpose for it in a thread filled with questions and answers, and a very exciting topic as this. He is my friend, and he thought that you were jumping on him because he didn't read the whole thread.

Anywho back on topic. What about a bigger heat exhanger, for instant, like the Cobalt addiction one? could that one be added on for a supporting mod along with the meth and all that for some gains?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:44 AM

i'm no one's boy toy!!!! lol
Old 07-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Keep that comment out of this thread. There is no purpose for it in a thread filled with questions and answers, and a very exciting topic as this. He is my friend, and he thought that you were jumping on him because he didn't read the whole thread.
Yes sir!!! whatever you say sir!!! Here is a question for all of you. Why don't you save that 3000 dollars and put it towards the three hundred plus HP build GM did for the lsj. It would save you some money and you could run a pretty good amount of Nitrous. The engine would be able to hold at least a 100 shot and you would keep the effeciancy of the M62 for daily driving. That way when your doing your little bad ass races on the streets you will still have over 300whp and when you go to the track you will have 400+. But what do I know right. The thing is your going to have to build the engine reguardless if you want more than 300whp. Do the engine first then the FI swap. I am sorry if I seem adjutated read this if you want to know why.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/ahhh-ups-really-screwed-up-68476/
Old 07-25-2007, 01:57 AM

well we didn't want to damage the test vehicle, but I don't see why you can't overspin the hell out of the blower and make 400HP at 25psi, inject water/meth, bigger HE up front,...basically everything everyone has done with the M62.

The dual pass from GM won't work with this setup as the top of the GM dual pass is made for the bypass off the M62 which does not work with this blower, this is the reason we had to make a different plate and thought it would make sense to make it dual pass.

If you have a meth kit already you can tap some nozzles into the adapter plate and spray away, after the blower that is which is always better.

Yes sir!!! whatever you say sir!!! Here is a question for all of you. Why don't you save that 3000 dollars and put it towards the three hundred plus HP build GM did for the lsj. It would save you some money and you could run a pretty good amount of Nitrous. The engine would be able to hold at least a 100 shot and you would keep the effeciancy of the M62 for daily driving. That way when your doing your little bad ass races on the streets you will still have over 300whp and when you go to the track you will have 400+. But what do I know right. The thing is your going to have to build the engine reguardless if you want more than 300whp. Do the engine first then the FI swap. I am sorry if I seem adjutated read this if you want to know why.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68476
yes that is an option too but was that 300HP at the wheels? was there a dyno to prove it?

plus nitrious will cost you more in the long run, unless you are good buddies with your dentist

Last edited by Eng@RebelAutoWorxs; 07-25-2007 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Banned

yes that is an option too but was that 300HP at the wheels? was there a dyno to prove it?

plus nitrious will cost you more in the long run, unless you are good buddies with your dentist

Yea that is to the wheels. Dyno to prove yes look on the lsj power book they have it on crateenginedepot.com
Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 AM

Regardless Fellas Lets keep this thread on track.
The facts are for most bolt on Cars that are Daily driven this is going to be a 300whp car.
Making 400hp will require Drastic improvements.
Fuel system Driveline tuning Internals=big dollars to the average guy.
The average guy will love to have another 50 hp over a Gm stage 2 kit.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:19 AM

Location: Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota (from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania)
I know I'd love to have 300whp on a DD!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 AM

Ahhhh finally, cant wait to save up the money for this!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Very good to see. Will we be having to tune ourselves, or will there be a good base tune similar to the GMS2 tune? I'm more of a wrencher than a tuner
Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 AM
360 L337 User

yeah, not ****. lemme know when i can buy one.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:05 AM

ill probably be ordering this with a set of pistons
Old 07-25-2007, 09:29 AM

woot.... looks like I need to start buying internals with clutch and axles
Old 07-25-2007, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Z Speed
^^^LOLOLOL!!! YEP!!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sales@rebelautoworxs
Regardless Fellas Lets keep this thread on track.
The facts are for most bolt on Cars that are Daily driven this is going to be a 300whp car.
Making 400hp will require Drastic improvements.
Fuel system Driveline tuning Internals=big dollars to the average guy.
The average guy will love to have another 50 hp over a Gm stage 2 kit.
I know I would, but I would want a bit more than that. I may just SC a 2.4L and then upgrade later to this beauty. And You all will be giving us a set tuning correct, or at elast something to work off of?

Originally Posted by yellowcobaltss05
ill probably be ordering this with a set of pistons
Seems like which ever model you decide to get, seems like internals would be encessary.

Originally Posted by Z Speed
that seems like a good idea.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 AM

very interested in this..

only question.. guess its more of just kicking around ideas to see what can happen..
i know alot of ss/sc guys are gonna try to look at power vs money cost from where we currently sit..
but just a few things im thinking about in general.

is the m62 valid on the 2.4 or 2.2 models and how hard is this swap?.. where im going with this is...
for us ss/sc i could see this as a cheap way of upgrading to the TS and at the same time if the swap is easy for a m62 on a 2.4/2.2 it would be easier for them to buy our setups.. considering PCM and other variables i do not know indepth about would work...

Giving the 2.2/2.4 guys some power without having to worry about internal building and a cheaper SC kit for them by using the "cores" out of ss/sc..

idea sounds nice but whats tangibility of this?

only reason im thinking of this is because since pretty much everything is gonna be upgraded.. ill be looking at a m62 + gm stage II pcm + injectors and what not.. a complete "bolt-on" and go kit for somebody else..so why not sell to another model coby and make it more valid upgrade to TS while helping the brothas out..lol .. or a way for me to go back to a stock setup..
Old 07-25-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0

only question.. guess its more of just kicking around ideas to see what can happen..
i know alot of ss/sc guys are gonna try to look at power vs money cost from where we currently sit..

is the m62 valid on the 2.4 or 2.2 models and how hard is this swap?.. where im going with this is...
for us ss/sc i could see this as a cheap way of upgrading to the TS and at the same time if the swap is easy for a m62 on a 2.4/2.2 it would be easier for them to buy our setups.. considering PCM and other variables i do not know indepth about would work...

Giving the 2.2/2.4 guys some power without having to worry about internal building and a cheaper SC kit for them by using the "cores" out of ss/sc..

only reason im thinking of this is because since pretty much everything is gonna be upgraded.. ill be looking at a m62 + gm stage II pcm + injectors and what not.. a complete "bolt-on" and go kit for somebody else..so why not sell to another model coby and make it more valid upgrade to TS while helping the brothas out..lol .. or a way for me to go back to a stock setup..
lol way ahead of you buddy

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-4l-le5-performance-tech-46/supercharged-g5-dyno-results-video-68442/
Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0

Shows you're thinking of other people. +rep, but yeah, they already got way ahead of you.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 AM

well you go ahead and send me a TS setup and ill rip all this m62 stuff off.. sounds like a good 1000 "core" rebate or so if i say so myself

Last edited by Acidangel_5.0; 07-25-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Rebel Auto Worxs Twin Screw tuning session and Video