2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Stage 2 Installation Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 Installation Issues

I got my stage 2 from Crate Engine Depot several weeks ago. I have been super busy with my new job & my husband has been busy with schools & training things for his job, so the stage 2 has been sitting around the house. I decided to make an appointment to get installed yesterday.... The first dealership I called is close to my office, they said no, they do not install after market parts. I explained to them what it was, the woman actually said "I don't care I said no." Second dealership I called said he would have to go find out, after on hold for a few minutes he came back & told me it would cost 475 & that it was an all day job because of the cars turbo set up. My car does not have turbo, that guy scared me. The dealership I bought the car from after long consideration, said ok. I think the only reason they agreed was because I reminded them that my husband is considering trading his truck in on an 07 Avalanche. I took my car to the dealership I bought it from a month ago to get the oil changed, well I caught 4 guys in the back revving my cars motor hard, they called a couple more guys over to watch the boost gauge.... I got upset & asked for the service manager. The dealership I bought the car from said if they do it, I have to drop the car off. I live too far to just drop the car off, & are they scared I will catch the shop guys doing somthing to my car that they should not. BTW they want 480 + 30 for a rent a car. I have called at least 10 dealerships, no one has heard of this part or has ever installed one. I am waitng for 2 dealerships to call me back with their verdict.

I guess I was wondering has any one on here ever been told they could not get their stage 2 installed. Perhaps some suggestions on what I should do. Did the dealerships quote me a high price because I am a chick? Should I get my husband to set up this appointment? Sorry for the long story.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:58 AM

Go to the parts department. Give them the part number for the stage 2. Ask them to print up an estimate for the parts. Take the estimate to the service department, and ask them to give you a quote on installing it. I gave my dealer that info, and about 3 days later they came back to me and said that they would install it.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 AM

dont take there bullshit.. talk to somebody in the parts department that actually has some car knowledge.. i had to go to 5 dealership before i met a parts guy that was cool with it and now he will be getting all the atlanta area business.

with that most cost and apparently them trying to dick you over..
i would do the Installation myself and then just drive and get the flash from the dealership, that way you spend only a few minutes there and only a few bucks
Old 08-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

Your first problem is your calling everyone. You need to personaly bring in the box and show them the installation instructions. Show them that it is a performance product sold by GM. And if they still give you crap ask for the dealer managers name. Then personaly write GM a e-mail and they will contact the dealership. Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:19 AM

yea im fidnig the same problem here most delaer ships dont even know what stage 2 is for our cars...t here all a bunch of dummies...
Old 08-02-2006, 09:39 AM

Same thing here all! The dealership I bought my car off said that, and get this, Stage 2 is not available in Canada and no GM Dealer in Canada can install it! HAHAHAHA
I think i started laughing on the phone when i heard that! He told me to go to the US, buy it there, and install it there, but if i do that, he said it will Void My Warantee!! HHAHAHA
Some people don't know much huh?! So I'm going to buy it online, and have it installed by, i think, the only dealer in Montreal who did it before. I found that dealer with the help of, i think his username is, Darth Maul on these boards! Really big help he was!! lol
Old 08-02-2006, 09:49 AM

I just got a return call from a dealership, they said if I buy it from them they will install it. That I need to return the one I currently have, they will not install that one.

Thanks for all the advice! The problem with driving to the dealerships... I live so far out. I am at the point where I am talking to dealerships in Louisiana & a minimum 2 hour drive.

If my husband installs the kit, would that mess with the warrenty. I know he is completely capable. Also, will the dealership do just the reflash?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Banned

Ya it would. And you would still have to bring it to the dealer to have them do the flash.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vkhamlin
I just got a return call from a dealership, they said if I buy it from them they will install it. That I need to return the one I currently have, they will not install that one.

Thanks for all the advice! The problem with driving to the dealerships... I live so far out. I am at the point where I am talking to dealerships in Louisiana & a minimum 2 hour drive.

If my husband installs the kit, would that mess with the warrenty. I know he is completely capable. Also, will the dealership do just the reflash?

If you have it installed in any other place than a GM dealer you will void the warranty. You also need to reflash the computer and unless you have the proper device, you can't do that on your own.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:08 PM

Just got off of the phone with a dealership that agreed to do it. WHOOO WHOOT! The gentleman I spoke to said they have done it before. The brother in law of the guy has a Cobalt that he has built just for racing! It will be a week & a half before they can see me, but hey I am not going to complain. I also have to drive in to New Orleans, but it is lil more than an hour away so who cares about that. I am just excited that I can get this done.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:26 PM

good stuff that was a drama story and a half crazy dealerships
Old 08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by vkhamlin
told me it would cost 475 & that it was an all day job because of the cars turbo set up. My car does not have turbo, that guy scared me.
I'd love to watch that dealer install the pulley on your turbo...

It really is scary how few dealerships actually know anything about these kits, and even more scary how many make crap up so they can act like they do.