2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

traction w/ STAGE 1 and mods or STAGE II

Old 05-26-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
traction w/ STAGE 1 and mods or STAGE II

for all the guys who have done STAGE 1 + a few other mods or basic STAGE II.....
you can see my other mods in my sig... I am guessing I am at 250 hp?

stock 205 hp
GMPP STAGE 1 31 hp
GMPP honed manifold 5 hp?
GMPP perf exhaust 12 hp
air box mod 3 hp?
=255 hp? could it really be that much?

STAGE 2 = 40 hp? so I figure the HP is close enough to get input from basic STAGE II guys

I have an Ingalls TD and since I've added STAGE 1 the freakin wheelhop is back
well at least today in the rain I got hop 2x and wasen't even in it....

is this common w/ STAGE 1 + a few other mods or basic STAGE II?

will the prothane tranny inserts w/ my Ingalls be enough to eliminate hop at this HP level?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot
for all the guys who have done STAGE 1 + a few other mods or basic STAGE II.....
you can see my other mods in my sig... I am guessing I am at 250 hp?

stock 205 hp
GMPP STAGE 1 31 hp
GMPP honed manifold 5 hp?
GMPP perf exhaust 12 hp
air box mod 3 hp?
=255 hp? could it really be that much?

STAGE 2 = 40 hp? so I figure the HP is close enough to get input from basic STAGE II guys

I have an Ingalls TD and since I've added STAGE 1 the freakin wheelhop is back
well at least today in the rain I got hop 2x and wasen't even in it....

is this common w/ STAGE 1 + a few other mods or basic STAGE II?

will the prothane tranny inserts w/ my Ingalls be enough to eliminate hop at this HP level?
The tranny inserts will greatly reduce wheel hop. Just think about it like that. With traction mods, unless you have the money to buy all of the parts you need at once, you should just take it one step at a time. When you increase your power output, if you notice wheel hop has increased then do something to counter it.

I think you will be perfectly fine with Stage II and tranny inserts. The setup decreases the range of wheel hop severity, but YOU are in control of how much you experience within that range. So no matter what you decide to do remember that you can and should always try to practice controlled launching, don't just dump the clutch.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
The tranny inserts will greatly reduce wheel hop. Just think about it like that. With traction mods, unless you have the money to buy all of the parts you need at once, you should just take it one step at a time. When you increase your power output, if you notice wheel hop has increased then do something to counter it.

I think you will be perfectly fine with Stage II and tranny inserts. The setup decreases the range of wheel hop severity, but YOU are in control of how much you experience within that range. So no matter what you decide to do remember that you can and should always try to practice controlled launching, don't just dump the clutch.
yeah... I auto-X , so hence, I'm not a clutch dumper...

here is the link for the POLL
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/suspension-67/whats-worse-your-suspension-60555/
Old 05-26-2007, 08:32 PM

Have you tried adjusting your damper? I have mine set almost as tight as it can go, and I hardly ever get wheel hop now... But if its still there after that, inserts are probably your best bet, or an engine mount
Old 05-27-2007, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
Have you tried adjusting your damper? I have mine set almost as tight as it can go, and I hardly ever get wheel hop now... But if its still there after that, inserts are probably your best bet, or an engine mount
actually...I have not, thanks for reminding me thats possible
Old 05-27-2007, 12:00 PM

For you stage 2 + guys I have a way of limiting the supercharger the first portion of first and second gear. Doesn't matter how much power you make....spinnin' ain't winnin'

Anyway, if you are interested in this fix I can tune for you and make it happen. I am still waiting on my blank ecms from my supplier, but if you want to send me your ecm I can tune it and return it in a day.