2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

trifecta vs hpt

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dainslaif
hptuners regular.

I have hptuners pro. It comes with one of these.

I just wire it up to the box, because I'm not going to jerry rig ****.
fair enough .. but you can still do it lol
Old 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06
fair enough .. but you can still do it lol
Yeah, I knew you could do that, but didn't think he recorded the AC pressure sensor voltage. Still though, that's not something I'm willing to do to a customer's car.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif
Yeah, I knew you could do that, but didn't think he recorded the AC pressure sensor voltage. Still though, that's not something I'm willing to do to a customer's car.
well he doesnt but he can use the egt sensor that for some reason these cars have even though they dont use it
Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 PM

Us LNF guys are givin a valuable benefit of a wideband....

I have custom PID's in my logging software and can read my commanded vs. actual readings... it's great
Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

Driving in the snow with a stock tune is easier than driving in the snow with a performance tune. That's why I went with Trifecta. But when I move down south in a couple years I will be getting HP tuners.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM

did you just read what that was for ? lol

hptuners

and i could b e wrong about the narrow band.. but vince has estimated my afr before based on the logs and he's been pretty close .. like within .3
.3 could pop a motor lol. Also while you datalog a car and wait for updates, you could scan your car and update it yourself moments later. Trifecta has some good features, but if it can't log wideband 02, you can't safety tune the car and expect to get the maximum safe power and reliability. Each solution has it's pros and cons. Trifecta is good for cars that arent supported by HPT, or people who can't tune their own cars. Otherwise if you want ultimate control over the PCM, HPT allllll theee wayyyyy...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 PM

So, is the invisitune available with just the regular tune. I was gonna get the switch tune, but should I just stick with the regular 24psi tune??
Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by csementuh
.3 could pop a motor lol. Also while you datalog a car and wait for updates, you could scan your car and update it yourself moments later. Trifecta has some good features, but if it can't log wideband 02, you can't safety tune the car and expect to get the maximum safe power and reliability. Each solution has it's pros and cons. Trifecta is good for cars that arent supported by HPT, or people who can't tune their own cars. Otherwise if you want ultimate control over the PCM, HPT allllll theee wayyyyy...
hmm whenever i tune i reflash my car 5 mins later.. it's called planning

and as far as .3 popping a mottor .. yes thats possible.. but you wont be going wot with that far off.. theres alot he does prior to saying ok go punch it and if you have a wideband you can look at the values ..
Old 05-19-2010, 06:39 PM

hmm whenever i tune i reflash my car 5 mins later.. it's called planning

and as far as .3 popping a mottor .. yes thats possible.. but you wont be going wot with that far off.. theres alot he does prior to saying ok go punch it and if you have a wideband you can look at the values ..
Judging from the intelligence of about 90% of the population of this forum, most people would punch it right away lol.

I think they're both good solutions, much better than canned tunes. Different strokes for different folks...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06
So, is the invisitune available with just the regular tune. I was gonna get the switch tune, but should I just stick with the regular 24psi tune??
I'm pretty sure you can ask Vince to set it up however you want. If I were a TC owner I'd go stock on the primary, and boosted to **** on the secondary.

Originally Posted by csementuh
Also while you datalog a car and wait for updates, you could scan your car and update it yourself moments later. Trifecta has some good features, but if it can't log wideband 02, you can't safety tune the car and expect to get the maximum safe power and reliability. Each solution has it's pros and cons. Trifecta is good for cars that arent supported by HPT, or people who can't tune their own cars. Otherwise if you want ultimate control over the PCM, HPT allllll theee wayyyyy...
This times a million.

The other thing to keep in mind is flexibility. Trifecta is great if you don't have the patience to learn how to tune (or feel comfortable doing it), but then you're depending on one guy who has hundreds of other vendors around the nation, so he may not have time to help you right away. I was at the track tonight with a friend driving his supercharged 2.4. He took 2-3 laps and mailed them to Vince around 7PM central (5PM Pacific). Vince probably doesn't work too much later than that, as he never got back to us. Meanwhile, I was adjusting my timing on my car with my little black box after every lap.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Southtown57
Driving in the snow with a stock tune is easier than driving in the snow with a performance tune. That's why I went with Trifecta. But when I move down south in a couple years I will be getting HP tuners.
keeping your foot out of it does the same thing there....

I don't know why these debates happen every ******* time... they both have their pro's and con's...

I however FIRMLY believe that for the LNF and LSJ HPTuners is a much better way to go... personal hands-on control (with a good tuner)...

Vince and his program are both great... I am just more of a hands-on kinda guy.

Although Vince did tell me about his tune with the addition of the HPT add on is EXACTLY what I am looking for.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBaltSw
Why would u want a stock tune? Doesnt make sense. My full out tune runs great on the street and strip. And gets awesome gas mileage. The switchable tunes are a gimmick.
Umm ever think of a street tune(pump gas) and a track tune (103-110 race gas) or a nitrous tune)
Im pretty sure that's the whole reason behind a switchable tune.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by phatnackySS
Umm ever think of a street tune(pump gas) and a track tune (103-110 race gas) or a nitrous tune)
Im pretty sure that's the whole reason behind a switchable tune.
there are alot of reasons you could use it.. people are just very narrow minded and think everything vince has does was meant for stock cars.. when in reality most of it is for highly modded cars.. that just has been tested on stock type cars lol