2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Tune on the way

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tune on the way

I think I am gonna get a tune here in a month or so. Would it be worth it? I mainly will tell him I want a very safe tune that makes my car run a little better.

I am still running the stage 2 tune with all of my mods. Before the tune, I will install the h/e , plugs, and a dual pass. You guys think I can hit 275hp with a conservative tune???
Old 06-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

if you are at 241 now untuned, i would personally say if your goal is to hit 275 then to grab some meth and drop a pulley size if possible.

Currently I am at 245.9whp with the stock stage 2 setup, and a 3inch custom exhaust system, no cat, and magnaflow muffler. By wednesday I will have the following "power" parts installed. Injen Cold Air Intake, AEM Methanol kit, ZZP header, downpipe, cat. I am going back to the dyno shop on wednesday to see what i put down, i am not expecting much more but we will see what she does. I am assuming with a good tune I will have no issues hitting 275hp, and if i drop pulley sizes and throw in larger injectors no problem hitting 300whp, however we will see. Good luck with your goal, and I will keep you updated with mine, as we are close and looking for the same thing.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
meth, and at least a 2.8, and 60s
Old 06-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Banned

I would try, just for the hell of it, staying with the 42lbers and using the meth. Like I said. I was at the dyno shop the other day, I am at 245.9whp and only have the stage 2 gm tune/kit and a custom 3 inch exhaust with no cat and a magnaflow muffler. Stock headers, stock downpipe etc.

The mods in my sig will all be installed by wednesday june 18th and i will have dyno sheets, however i will be untuned so i won't have the full benefit from the meth. All the parts are here at my place or half on/off of my car currently lol.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:31 PM

i have 2.7 pulley
60s,
K&N intake
meth
and a tune
and made 253hp,and 241 ft lbs

because of the stock exhaust im gaing no power with the 2.7
when my header and dp comein, i will be around 270
Old 06-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Banned

Do you have an interceptor gauge or anything, i am curious to know what your IAT and IAT2's are with the meth. What kit do you have? I just bought everything basically that is in my sig and will have it all installed by wednesday. I believe my headers should be in by wednesday, the rest should be done tomorrow. =D.

Like I said, I made 245.9whp, forgot my torque but the dyno sheet is in my glove box with JUST the stage 2 gm kit, and a custom 3 inch exhaust, stock header and downpipe, no cat, and a magnaflow muffler. I also have tint but i doubt that adds power =P.

I think dayta as soon as you get rid of your stock exhaust and get a catback or a custom exhaust with a header and downpipe you will see a HUGE gain. When you let her breath she really shines.

Hell if I dropped to a 2.7inch pulley and got a tune, i would expect 300whp.

dayta, i just noticed you said you also had a tune. No offense, but did you tune the car with hptuners or have a friend tune it, or did you have a shop do it?

What is your a/f ratio at? I am extremely rich and am still laying down almost as much as you without anything except what i mentioned. Also, when I say extremely rich, im talking about dipping into the 9s lol.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-15-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-15-2008, 02:44 PM

i have the stg2 snow performance
and before i had
2.8pulley
60s injectors
CAI
and a tune
and made 242 hp and 232 ft lbs, yeah, no cooling mods

you can hear my car choking when its running, its so bad,
im going to be installing me cobra heat exchanger and i got into the gb for the zzp headerand dp, im going 1.75header, 3" dp to 2.5 exhanst, and im going to be putting my stock catback back on

jwolf8604
go 2.8 pulley get some 60s and meth and becuase you have an exhaust you will see a vrey high hp increase, with keeping your tune very safe

i have hp tuners from a shop
and im running 11.5 - 12.7 across the chart

Last edited by Dayta; 06-15-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
if you are at 241 now untuned, i would personally say if your goal is to hit 275 then to grab some meth and drop a pulley size if possible.

Currently I am at 245.9whp with the stock stage 2 setup, and a 3inch custom exhaust system, no cat, and magnaflow muffler. By wednesday I will have the following "power" parts installed. Injen Cold Air Intake, AEM Methanol kit, ZZP header, downpipe, cat. I am going back to the dyno shop on wednesday to see what i put down, i am not expecting much more but we will see what she does. I am assuming with a good tune I will have no issues hitting 275hp, and if i drop pulley sizes and throw in larger injectors no problem hitting 300whp, however we will see. Good luck with your goal, and I will keep you updated with mine, as we are close and looking for the same thing.

Yea I was at 241 before my zzp midlength combo, custom 2.5 exhaust, and 2.9 pulley (added all since the dyno)
Old 06-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned

Is the 12.7 towards your redline, or is the 11.5 towards your redline? Something is wrong if you are only making 242hp with the above. There is no way I should be making more power with a larger pulley, larger injectors, no meth, no tune, and no cai. Dayta, do you have aim, or can we pm and talk. I think there might be something wrong with your setup or somewhere i might be able to help.

To the op. I recommend that you get meth and then get tuned. If you are not happy with your results then change the pulley. But you will gain A LOT of power from a proper tune especially if you have meth.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:53 PM

without dropping another pulley size, 60s , or meth. What do you think I could get from a tune. I don't know if I can get 34 whp from zzp midlength header, exhaust, 2.9 pulley, heat exchanger, dual pass , and a tune. But I would like to hope that I got a chance.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Do you know when you are going to get dyno'd again jwolf? We are basically in the same ballpark and I would like to see what gains you make, compared to what gains I make. I am currently 4hp higher than you =P, however I dont have my zzp stuff installed yet. I am still stock with stage 2, no cat, custom 3 inch exhaust, and magnaflow muffler. Like i said, by monday the stuff in my sig will be installed, and by wednesday my headers will be installed by the dyno shop and i will re run my numbers. However I they can't tune me until july 1st, which is ok. Gives me some time to drive around with a "smile" and then in july i will grin from ear to ear =D.

I will be honest with you. The heat exchanger and dual pass are not going to add horsepower, however they will allow you to not get heat soaked. Example if you do 10 runs on a dyno, you will notice that after the first 3 your numbers are getting lower and lower. Thats because you are losing power because of heat. So you will not GAIN power, but you will not lose power from being heat soaked.

Now, to go with what you were asking. The ZZP header and downpipe, 2.9 pulley, and a tune WILL net you 34hp. I guarantee it. The header and downpipe should add we will say minimum 5, the pulley will add we will say 10, thats 15whp, and then the tune will make up for the other 19. Tune's depending on the tuner, can easily give you 20-30hp more. If you were to add meth, you would see a HUGE increase.

A tune with meth is where meth shines. Without a tune, meth is really worthless. The only point of meth without a tune is to lower your iat's and iat2's to keep the air coming in cool. When you get a tune, you get to bump your timing, etc and you will be able to gain more from the tune.

Like i said, keep what you have, grab some meth, and you will get the numbers you are wanting for sure. A tune with meth would be able to net you much much more power. Meth alone with a tune can grab you 20hp. So if you can gain 20hp from a normal tune, you should be able to grab roughly 40hp from a tune with meth.

Hopefully that makes sense and you understand what I am saying. If you or anyone else does not believe what I am posting I will prove it. Like I said I am going to the dyno shop on wednesday to redyno and see what hp improvements I have made over what i had before. I am not expecting much, because the only hp mods i am adding are the following. ZZP header/dp/cat combo along with the Injen cai and meth. The rest of my stuff is fun "toys" and things to make sure i am running the way i like. aka all my gauges.

but the way i see it. I am at 245.9 hp now. For the hell of it, we will call it 245hp. The header/downpipe should really add atleast 5whp, and the injen should really add atleast 5whp. thats a total of 10whp. I know without a tune meth won't help much, but it will allow me to adjust my timing. anyways. The minimum I should be laying down to the wheels wednesday is 255, but i am expecting 265 or 270. Once i am tuned, I am expecting around 300.

I could be wrong, and I might gain almost nothing from the header/downpipe/cat and injen cai and meth. But we will see. I have a really really good tuner that knows what he is doing, and says he can gain me quite a bit from what i have, especially since i am running so rich.

Every machine is different, but I will post up my dyno sheets on wednesday of a before and after. Like I said, my goal is to gain 10WHP from the header/downpipe/cat/injen cai/meth however I think I will gain much much more, and even more with a tune.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-15-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2008, 12:06 PM

Quad cities??? How are the River Bandits doing this year? haha, I use to visit up there every summer, My mom lived in Davenport.

ANYWAY. It will be a while till I get tuned but I will give you some feedback when I do. Let me know how your dyno goes....