2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Upgraded S/C...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twincharging would work alot better if the s/c was centrifgal(sp?) and mounted before the turbocharger because then itd be easy to make it work alot better, ill make a diagram to explain myself later.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:00 PM

not really then u have 2 top end power adders

also not only is the s/c sucking air thru the turbo but it is also increasing exhaust to push thru
Old 09-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

^^the last half of that makes no sense to me...and any blower is going to produce low end torque which is what were after
Old 09-13-2006, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by articzap
^^the last half of that makes no sense to me...and any blower is going to produce low end torque which is what were after
We already have low end torque...its called getting a 2.5" pulley...which isn't suggested with a turbo before the s/c. You want a larger than stock pulley if adding a turbo.

The lower portion makes complete sense because you want more exhaust flow for the turbo...
Old 09-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Also, if you want MORE low end torque, get race headers...longer tubed headers are for low end torque because of the way it echos off of the pipes. Ask Dan, he will be able to go more in depth about it. Not many people do long tube headers on these cars because we already have enough low end torque, especially if you have a smaller pulley. Once you get past a 2.7" pulley, you're really not increasing HP, you're mainly building up your torque.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by articzap

i thought a blower was considered a roots or twin screw type supercharger, i thought centrifugal superchargers were along the lines of turbos? correct me if im wrong.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by vandy0419
Also, if you want MORE low end torque, get race headers...longer tubed headers are for low end torque because of the way it echos off of the pipes. Ask Dan, he will be able to go more in depth about it. Not many people do long tube headers on these cars because we already have enough low end torque, especially if you have a smaller pulley. Once you get past a 2.7" pulley, you're really not increasing HP, you're mainly building up your torque.

we were discussing which way twincharge setup would be more beneficial. any supercharger is good for low end because it is spun up by the motor.

then how the hell you going to say its not going to increase hp with a smaller pulley. its pushing more psi. more psi is more horsepower it might not be at a linear going straight up pulley size to / to hp gain. if you drop the pulley its going to make more hp.

and the guy that posted the pro charger u wouldnt run that for a twincharge setup its totally different its a turbo body with a supercharger internals.

if the supercharger came before the turbo it would help spool up the turbo but since the turbo cant help the supercharger spool up ur just going to have pressurized air pushing into the screw compressor.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
i thought a blower was considered a roots or twin screw type supercharger, i thought centrifugal superchargers were along the lines of turbos? correct me if im wrong.

theres many types of superchargers whipple, screw compressor.

a centrifual supercharger is a procharger in most cases that i know off which is a turbo body with supercharger internals like i said before i seen ur reply
Old 09-13-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Disturbancetkxe
then how the hell you going to say its not going to increase hp with a smaller pulley. its pushing more psi. more psi is more horsepower it might not be at a linear going straight up pulley size to / to hp gain. if you drop the pulley its going to make more hp.
prime example: i only gained 7 peak HP when i dropped from a 2.9" pulley to a 2.5" pulley but i picked up 23 peak ft/lbs TQ.

the smaller pulley you go you will see less increases in HP but will still see gains in TQ
Old 09-13-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Disturbancetkxe
Jesus, stop with your damn bench racing. Find me a lot of dynos and I'll find you some! Oh wait...I already have evidence to back it up! DJT81185 can even acknowledge it! The more boost isn't always giving you a lot of hp...when you get to that high of boost it is almost straight torque. Explain to me why people with the 2.7s and 2.6s are still getting close to the same hp as a 2.5...yet, the 2.5 is putting down more torque. It is just the way it works man. With changing the pulley a little from stock, you start seeing more hp, but when you get extremely small you might see an additional 10lb/ft!

x-sub1>x-sub2

3.0" pulley gains
hp=x-sub1
lb/ft=x-sub2

Gains by having a 2.5"
hp=x-sub2
lb/ft=x-sub1

If you really want me to have to go into more explanation I will...but email any of these big shops that specialize in s/c, like INTENSE, Scott Cook will tell you, when you go to an extremely small pulley, you're seeing a lot more increase in torque than hp the smaller you go. You can ask FAST06SS if you want, Rob will tell you the same.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
Yep! The centrifigual is more of a turbo internal, but still belt ran s/c. We have roots blowers and the only EATON with internals somewhat close to a twin screw is a M112 on Cobras.

The internals on the twinscrews are very different and some of it has to do with the angles of the blades. If you are willing to pay about $600, someone could actually CNC us internals of twin screw specs and keep the housings.

Twin screws the air is cooler also because the flow of it. That is why instead of going to insane amounts of boost on a 03 Cobra, most will switch to a Whipple and run 8psi and make a lot more power.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vandy0419
Jesus, stop with your damn bench racing. Find me a lot of dynos and I'll find you some! Oh wait...I already have evidence to back it up! DJT81185 can even acknowledge it! The more boost isn't always giving you a lot of hp...when you get to that high of boost it is almost straight torque. Explain to me why people with the 2.7s and 2.6s are still getting close to the same hp as a 2.5...yet, the 2.5 is putting down more torque. It is just the way it works man. With changing the pulley a little from stock, you start seeing more hp, but when you get extremely small you might see an additional 10lb/ft!

x-sub1>x-sub2

3.0" pulley gains
hp=x-sub1
lb/ft=x-sub2

Gains by having a 2.5"
hp=x-sub2
lb/ft=x-sub1

If you really want me to have to go into more explanation I will...but email any of these big shops that specialize in s/c, like INTENSE, Scott Cook will tell you, when you go to an extremely small pulley, you're seeing a lot more increase in torque than hp the smaller you go. You can ask FAST06SS if you want, Rob will tell you the same.

wow u sound retarded. the reason a 2.5 is making close to the same hp at 2.6 or 2.7 is because the blower is past its efficeny range and cant make better hp with hotter air, but at the lower rpms is not spinning as fast so its still producing the same amount of torque.
if you compare stock pulley up to roughly 2.8 - 2.7 youll notice the hp is a linear increase.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:06 PM

like i said pulley to hp ratio isnt a straight line up. a 2.5" pulley is still going to make boost just the supercharger is running hotter and the efficeny range.

Last edited by Disturbancetkxe; 09-14-2006 at 09:58 AM.