2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Very weird random problem too...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Very weird random problem too...

Like one of the member who just posted but in a different way. This happened two times, one time last month and one time today. The time was dry and sunny the first time and today, this was rainy. I thought about water entering into the motor today, but that problem happened too when it was a good sunny day Here is this weird problem:

The first time it happened last month, I was in second gear and I went full throttle. I started at 3500 RPM and then at 5000 RPM suddenly the car got a big shake and heard a bang! (like when you depress the clutch fastly without giving gaz), then IMMEDIATLY I heard the cutoff and the tachometer wasnt even at 7000 RPM. So then I immediatly let off the gaz and I pressed on the clutch. The RPM needle went down very sluggishly. I was like... WTF????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, almost the same thing but it happened differently and more soflty. I didn't go wide open throttle this time. I was in the traffic, so I was in first gear, almost stoped. Then when the car in front of me started to pull away, I then gently press the gaz until I reach 4000 RPM (vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv) then all of sudden, its like if the clutch sliped and immediatly, the motor shuted down. So I tried to restart the car, not able to start it. I waited for 10 sec, tried to restart the car, it sputtered, tried to give more gaz and ... the motor didnt want to start. So I waited for a good 1 minute, tried to start the motor, I was like whats going on man!! THEN the motor STARTED!!! And I finally was able to get to my work.

After all of this, I can tell you, the motor sounds fine. I don't hear any special sounds. The motor seems really fine, it doesn't burn any oil and you couldnt really tell anything strange if you would get in my car. I did even some hard pulls, 4-5 times and no problem again. I went to the dragstrip after the first time it happened (like one week later), I did 15 passes and no problem.

My question is WHAT THE HELL is this??????????!!! What happened?? Those two times are pretty similar, just that the first time, I went wide open throttle so the consequence was more brutal. If this would be my clutch slipping, to me, it seems clear that I should be able to reproduce the situation with hard pulls anytime or often. So what the heck??????
Old 10-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Banned

Crank Position Sensor is borked.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM

Oh... and this can makes the car acting like if it has no problem during a long time, except at some occasions? Where this thing is located? In the transmission? Pardon my ignorance lol, I know many things in mechanics but in english sometimes I get my ass raped :P Thanx for this answer, what you said is a good thing to look at I think!

*Edit* I just did some reading about the crankshaft position and I know now what it is. Make sense! Any other ideas people?