2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is going to be fun lol
Old 04-22-2009, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
I will not post til they are approved.
They won't even cover enough...unless you have more pics than I thought
Old 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
pics of said shop
Old 04-22-2009, 10:01 PM

the flash would have had to be really good to get some detail. It was nice meeting some of you guys from down south, well you guys see some of the wonderful work of our so called perfomance companies up here theres one more you should have seen even worse than JBP's but the car is in great hands now with a awesome race car builder.

good luck and all the best with the build Rod
Old 04-22-2009, 10:13 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
UPDATE

Okay the has been some new developments in the project. As most of you know, the project has been suspended as I dealt with the DD fiasco. While that is not yet wrapped up, the project has been green lighted to start planning the new route that it will be taking.

As of this past Saturday, April 19th, 2009, my complete project was moved to Powell Motor Sport. John Powell and his son Devon will be leading the team of professionals who are undertaking the daunting task of straightening out this mess.

The first step will be to identify exactly what we have including what is useable and what is not. Once that step is done, they will put together a comprehensive plan that outlines the steps and the cost associated with those steps.

Because we are so far behind schedule and miles beyond the budget, there will be some changes in the plan. As well there needs to be some reworking for certain items that were mis-engineered. Some items need to be discarded completely as the testing shows that they will not support the goals that were set for the project.

Before I go on about the changes I want to state that the main goal of this project was to have a streetable drag car. I love the look of the Cobalt and that has not changed, in fact I own 2 Cobalts for a reason. Having siad that, many of you know that before too long my web site will be up and I will be running a fund raiser, as suggested by many members over several forums.

This car is still intended to be a streetable drag car with as full an interior as possible considering it is tubbed & caged. The part where this project variates is that it is looking like we will only be running a single big ass turbo. There is also another change which may or may not lose me some support. That change is the fact that after talking with many people, people I respect immensely, I have 98% decided that the car will roll with an engine built by Kurt Urban, an LS2 engine.

The decision to go with an LS2 is not one I make lightly. Everyone knows that I tried to & wanted to keep the heart beat of this project the LSJ. Because of money lost and the cost to rework my race engine, the LS2 is more economical to use in completing this project. Considering the finacial status of this project i also have to look at the longevity and reliability of the engine used. A 1,000hp LSJ will run harder and wear out faster than the LS2. This means more cost maintaining the LSJ and if I can't afford to race the car, what is the point?

I am truly sorry that after following this project for so long, I am taking a path many didn't want me to take. Had the car been done as promised, when promised, when the money was still available, I would have pushed through with the LSJ. Sadly this is not the case and rather than have the project stall further and likely die in the process, I have had to make the hard decision.

The choice to use the 1 large turbo instead of 2 smaller turbos is the fact that the resellability of a GT45 is next to impossible, making the cost of 2 new turbos out of the question.

Somewhere down the road, when I have been given the okay to do so, I will be putting up items for sale that do not work with the new paln for the car.

In short, the victory_red_SS project is changing but only to allow the dream be fullfilled. All changes are only being done so I can finally share this with all of you who have been with me along the way. This project has never gone smoothly and while I am not out of the woods yet, I am more encouraged today than I have been for such a long time, years in fact.

I hope those who disagree with my new plan will forgive me, I really do.

For those who agree with this new plan, thank you.

Please don't let this become a battle of LSJ vs LSx.

Rod
Old 04-22-2009, 10:18 PM

LS2 FTW!

You won't be disappointed! LS2's ******* rock.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm too JDM for you

woohoo! this only means that the car will be on the road sooner!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good choice Rod. John is the man!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:28 PM

So uhm. If you have any spare LS2 parts laying around from your build, you can definitely send them my way

Good luck Rod! I'm happy to see that you have switched over to the dark side
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 PM

meh it would have been cool to see the LSJ in there but it is better to do it this way as it can and it will be done. The only problem i see is all the money you will be losing on the engine custom tranny bell housing well if you sell those not too much i guess. But Rod think of how much better the build would be if it was with a LS9 lol.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
gotta do whats gotta be done man. god speed and hope you get the site up and running when i can financially help you out man
Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
woohoo! this only means that the car will be on the road sooner!
This is my hope too.

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06
Good choice Rod. John is the man!
You are right, John is a great, standup man. He has helped me so much in the past week, much more than Mev did in 3 years.

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
LS2 FTW!

You won't be disappointed! LS2's ******* rock.
I am alreading imagining the sound.

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
So uhm. If you have any spare LS2 parts laying around from your build, you can definitely send them my way

Good luck Rod! I'm happy to see that you have switched over to the dark side

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
meh it would have been cool to see the LSJ in there but it is better to do it this way as it can and it will be done. The only problem i see is all the money you will be losing on the engine custom tranny bell housing well if you sell those not too much i guess. But Rod think of how much better the build would be if it was with a LS9 lol.
I had thought about that too but I have to be reasonable. I still need to get my wifee's approval.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 PM

still lovein LS3, but Kurt has some obvious and bitchen past experience with the 2.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
You are right, John is a great, standup man. He has helped me so much in the past week, much more than Mev did in 3 years.
For sure, he definitely helped me out
Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 PM

I have to admit that i am dissapointed that you will be switching engines...i am always disheartened to see the pro drag racers with a body of a car, saying "its a cobalt" running with only a body looking as one...
BUT
I think that because of your ordeal it is a good decsicion, you tried, and its not your fault it wont be completed as such. Hopefully this allows you to put this all together and get her running!!!!
Will keep reading the updates
Old 04-22-2009, 10:45 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
gotta do whats gotta be done man. god speed and hope you get the site up and running when i can financially help you out man
The website is at the top of my to do list, well actually my wife is at the top of my to do list, but the website is a close 4th (I have been gone a while )
Old 04-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

The website is at the top of my to do list, well actually my wife is at the top of my to do list, but the website is a close 4th (I have been gone a while )
LMAO!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 PM

just shoot me an email with the things you already have for the site like all the files and this weekend if i have time i will help in finishing. just pm me if anything.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
I have to admit that i am dissapointed that you will be switching engines...i am always disheartened to see the pro drag racers with a body of a car, saying "its a cobalt" running with only a body looking as one...
BUT
I think that because of your ordeal it is a good decsicion, you tried, and its not your fault it wont be completed as such. Hopefully this allows you to put this all together and get her running!!!!
Will keep reading the updates
I understand, I really do. I am very serious when I ask you and others to forgive me for this huge change. I fought for so long to use the LSJ and I did everything I could. I trusted, I paid and I lost. As you mentioned, this has been an ordeal for me and for my wife. I am trying to finally finish this up so that my wife and I can move forward and finally put the ordeal behind us.

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
just shoot me an email with the things you already have for the site like all the files and this weekend if i have time i will help in finishing. just pm me if anything.
I will get a PM to you later tomorrow or on Friday. Thanks for the offer.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM

ls2 is a great engine. I hope the car gets finished soon. oh yea make sure the car doesnt idle to smoothly either lol. good luck
Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by jr racing
ls2 is a great engine. I hope the car gets finished soon. oh yea make sure the car doesnt idle to smoothly either lol. good luck
A rough idle can likely be arranged
Old 04-22-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
i am also dissapointed to see the lsj isnt going in, but realisticly a 700hp 4 cyl isnt streetable, nor will it last a long time on the street, let alone 1000hp. i think the LS motor is a much better choice for the car and the goals. it will also be a lot less matinance and easier to drive.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 AM

I don't think this was ever going to be streetable...
Old 04-23-2009, 12:29 AM

Great to hear this project wont be killed off, some changes just have to be made to finally get the dream alive. I cant wait to see this thing running, best of luck to you!

You still trying to work out a settlement with the other shop? I deffinately wouldnt let them get away with what they did, thats a lot of money being thrown away for something you didnt even screw up.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
I don't think this was ever going to be streetable...
I agree, not as a 4-cyl anyway. 1000 hp lsx can definitely be streetable, though. Looking forward to see how this all turns out.

http://www.gonicd.com/camaroindex.html

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD